Dutch

Which playoff team last year won't make the post season this year?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which playoff team won't make it again this year?

• Patriots
    • Steelers
    • Ravens
    • Bengals
    • Broncos
    • Colts
    • Cowboys
    • Panthers
    • Packers
    • Lions
    • Cardinals
    • Seahawks

:Lions:

I think the Lions get the short stick this time around. They won't win their division and I don't think they will get the wildcard either. I see a wildcard coming out of the NFC West or NFC East. If a wildcard does come out of the north, I'm taking the Vikings. The Lions defense was their strong point last year. They played phenomenal. However, losing Suh doesn't make them any better. Suh's impact on that defense was pivotal in their success. So their defense gets worse and nothing on the offensive side of the ball gives me the reason to believe they will step up. They have offensive fire power but couldn't get it done against solid teams.

Bengals.

Even if the Pats continue to dominate the AFC East, Miami has turned into a good team in its own right. Then there's still the Steelers and Ravens in the AFC North, and I think both will be better than the Bengals. The AFC South probably won't have a wildcard team, but the AFC West could. I think the Bengals get left out this year, perhaps finally, FINALLY, putting a nail in the coffin of the Marvin Lewis saga.

But not really though. lolBungles forever.

Yeah, I thought about the Bengals myself. The odds are low that 3 teams in the same division all make the playoffs 2 years in a row.

Gotta go with Carolina simply for the fact that I don't really like their roster top to bottom.

let's see, which playoff team was under .500? oh yeah, :panthers:

I'll do what I did in the other thread and make a top 5--teams most likely to miss the playoffs from this list.

1. :Broncos: Peyton Manning's career has come to an end.

2. :Bengals: I think the Ravens and Steelers will both be very strong this year, and the Dolphins will push Cincy out of the WC race.

3. :panthers: A lot of us want to hand the South to Carolina, but let's not forget they were 7-8-1 last year.

4. :Lions: Not necessarily a disbeliever in them, but they have to deal with the rise of Minnesota this year.

5. :Cardinals: Overrated defense, old quarterback, and they have to play Seattle twice.

Edited by SteVo

:Bengals: - Shit stops falling into place for Andy Dalton and the perpetual house of cards that is the Bengals falls apart.

:panthers: - Division could go so many directions that Carolina might be left out.

:Broncos: - After we tank to get Hackenberg :yep:

My vote went to the Cincinatti Bengals mostly because the AFC North is a tough division and I think the top 3 teams will beat up on each other this season even more than before. I think the Bengals are the 3rd best tem in that division and they will fal short this year of making the playoffs.

:Bengals: I hope for the sake of the fans. No more one and dones.

:Broncos: This offseason has been practically the worst thing ever. Someone is gonna dethrone us, and Peyton is gonna make it look easy. For them.

:Patriots: Gonna lose tiebreakers to the Colts/Texans, Dolphins, and the AFC North wildcard.

:Bengals: In a shocking twist, Andy Dalton fails to take his team to the playoffs to subsequently lose in round 1.

:Lions: Don't trust the Lions to win anything.

:Cowboys::smug:

• Upvote 1

:Cardinals:

I voted Bengals. It's the easy vote.

If I got a second vote, I'd give it to the Lions or Panthers.

Yes, the Bengals are worse than Pittsburgh and Baltimore, but the trend so far has been Cincy winning all their winnable games while the other two shit the bed in a couple of games against bad teams

Yes, the Bengals are worse than Pittsburgh and Baltimore, but the trend so far has been Cincy winning all their winnable games while the other two shit the bed in a couple of games against bad teams

:shrug: That's actually very true. The Bengals regularly kick the shit out of bad teams. Baltimore and Pittsburgh are better in primetime but regularly shit the bed vs. Teams like the Jets and Bucs.

Pittsburgh being 2-2 against the 4 worst teams in the league was pretty funny last year. It's like they don't have the killer instinct to put teams away that they probably should.

The Cardinals are by far the easiest choice imo.

really? they were one of the best teams in the league last year until they were down to the 75th QB

Palmer is 35+ years old coming back from multiple ACL injuries, and either way, I highly doubt he's going to come back and continue putting up the numbers he was putting up last season. They lost two key players on defense. I don't see them having a repeat of last year.

• Upvote 1

The Cardinals are gaining a significant player back on defense; Darryl Washington.

I agree with Dmac. The Cardinals are the most overrated team in the NFL. Fitting, since they have two of the most overrated players in the NFL in Carson Palmer and Patrick Peterson.

Arizona and Cincy are my picks.

The Cardinals are the most likely team to drop off a cliff. Using Pythagorean wins, and using blowout wins and losses mark the Cardinals as a team that should have won 8-9 games last year. And considering they don't have a QB who can consistently win those close games like a Brady or a Roethlisberger, their record should regress.

Other teams to look out for are the Lions (should have been 9-7), Bengals (9-7), Cowboys (10-6), and Steelers (10-6 or 9-7)

so who else will get a WC? I could see someone from the NFC North and maybe the Cowboys and Eagles both make it, but I'd say the Cards getting one is more likely

If Palmer stays healthy, I have a really hard time seeing the Cards miss the playoffs. In the NFC if anything I would say the Lions won't be back due to Green Bay and the improvement of Minnesota. That division could be really good this year though.

• Upvote 2

I do think people are hailing Minnesota too early.

Many of the arguments for why they think the Vikings will improve can be said for a lot of teams in the league. And AP being back guarantees nothing.