Dutch

Which playoff team last year won't make the post season this year?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which playoff team won't make it again this year?

• Patriots
    • Steelers
    • Ravens
    • Bengals
    • Broncos
    • Colts
    • Cowboys
    • Panthers
    • Packers
    • Lions
    • Cardinals
    • Seahawks

Most teams don't have a quality young QB to build around though.

That's true, but it's not like the Vikings have a true #1 receiver, Oline still has questions, and it's not like young QBs always progress we all expect them to.

That's true, but it's not like the Vikings have a true #1 receiver, Oline still has questions, and it's not like young QBs always progress we all expect them to.

They don't need one and go ahead and put a safety in the box for AP. Mike Wallace will have a really nice year if that happens a lot lol. I think The Vikings lack an elite pass catcher but they have some solid guys. If Patterson figures out how to play the position though look out.

Even when AP had his MVP season he didn't face 8 in the box on a good majority of his snaps, why would an AP who's been away from football for a year, is over the age of 30 receive consistent 8 in the box?

I do think people are hailing Minnesota too early.

Many of the arguments for why they think the Vikings will improve can be said for a lot of teams in the league. And AP being back guarantees nothing.

I only need one reason and no other team has that reason....

Teddy Bridgewater.

I agree about AP. People already letting him reclaim his "elite" title is absurd to me. We have a 30 year old RB who has been out of football for a year... You have to earn that shit back, I am not just giving it to you. lol.

The Vikings have a ton of offensive weapons though, so even mediocre RB play wouldn't deter me from the Vikings much. Kyle Rudolph... Mike Wallace, obviously. I am not expecting HUGE things from him, but he will be a serviceable option... Plus Charles Johnson, and keep an eye on Jarius Wright. That kid has skills.And imagine of CP lives up to even 1/10 of his potential.

The Vikings offense could cause some REAL REAL trouble for defenses this year.

• Upvote 1

I agree about AP. People already letting him reclaim his "elite" title is absurd to me. We have a 30 year old RB who has been out of football for a year... You have to earn that shit back, I am not just giving it to you. lol.

Earn it back? Do you know who we are talking about lol? Do you remember what he did after he tore his ACL? Yes, he's a couple years older but if A.P's career has shown us anything, he's not the average/normal guy. This dude is a super athlete. He has already earned his stripes overcoming adversity and shocking the world. He's gotta be elite until he shows us otherwise.

Well there's no steroid for sitting around your house due to off-field punishments. :troll:

Earn it back? Do you know who we are talking about lol? Do you remember what he did after he tore his ACL? Yes, he's a couple years older but if A.P's career has shown us anything, he's not the average/normal guy. This dude is a super athlete. He has already earned his stripes overcoming adversity and shocking the world. He's gotta be elite until he shows us otherwise.

He absolutely has to earn it back. There's less then a 1% chance AP has even one more truly elite season left in his career.

This is completely different from a torn ACL a couple years ago.

• Upvote 2

AP is still going to be good this year. But I really don't think he will be able to compete with the likes of Charles, Lynch, Bell, and those guys there. I wouldn't rule it out completely -- a guy with AP's talent could definitely surprise us. But I think it's definitely doubtful that he does so.

• Upvote 1

He's 30 and didn't play at all last season. I'd say that makes a difference.

Fresher legs maybe, but I think that can only help so much as you get older. And not playing can have more of a negative impact when you're getting older than playing. The speed of the game can start passing you by.

Just IMO though. It won't take us long to find out what he's gonna be like this season.

Everyone everywhere picking the vikings as a "dark horse". Only means they are just going to fall flat on their face.

Everyone everywhere picking the vikings as a "dark horse". Only means they are just going to fall flat on their face.

at the very least I have to wonder how many 'experts' need to pick them before they're no longer a 'dark horse'

I can't doubt the man until I see him fall off with my own eyes. His genetics aren't normal. He's an undercover mutant playing football.