Dutch

What non-playoff team will make the post season this year?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will make the playoffs?

• Dolphins
    • Bills
    • Jets
    • Browns
    • Texans
    • Titans
    • Jags
    • Chargers
    • Chiefs
    • Raiders
    • Eagles
    • Giants
    • Redskins
    • Vikings
    • Bears
    • Rams
    • 49ers
    • Saints
    • Bucs
    • Falcons

2007 Giants > Patriots in Super Bowl

2011 Giants > Patriots in Super Bowl

2015 ... Giants > Patriots in Super Bowl?

The Giants are hard to keep down and while I agree that they'll be better this year what have they done to improve themselves? Sign George Selvie? Draft an offensive linemen in the first? Spagnoulo is back on board as the DC but Strahan, Tuck Osi and Kiwi are all gone. Antonio Pierce is long gone. No more Corey Webster. They just don't have enough on defense and I'm not convinced they'll have an effective running game. I think they'll be BETTER on defense, but good enough to keep up with Philly and Dallas? I'm not sold. Offensively their passing game should be great again, but that's the only area where I see the Giants excelling in.

• Upvote 2

1 :Eagles: my eagles for sure.. cowboys wont be like there were last year catching on hot at the the right time, eagles lost the Captain and Playcaller on the Defense in Demeco Ryans. and losing Foles last year wasnt the reason we was bad it was losing Meco..

2. :Chargers: it going to be either them or Kansas City winning the Divison IMO.

3. :Chiefs: ^

4. :Vikings: they are my Dark Horse team this year and i have them winning 10 games....

5. :dolphins: just the moves they made make sense atleast for a wildcard spot

• Upvote 1

Yeah I like to stick to the 5 new teams a year.

:Texans: - I think they might be the surprise team of the year. Watt makes the defense a threat by himself, and with some healthy bodies they might be moving in the best direction they've been in awhile. On offense I think they understand the passing game just needs to be servicable and let the run game dominate. Turnovers will be the name of the game for this team.

:Vikings: - Pains me to say this. But the truth is Lions will most likely fall out as their defense came a part. AP is back and that will be huge for TB-Water. Not too much comp in the NFC as a whole so this seems like a wild card team.

:Saints: - AFC South was a joke. If it is again I don't expect the Saints to stumble two years in a row. Brees passes the rock like few can, and while the defense is a big question mark, I see the high scoring offense carrying this team to a division title.

:Giants: - Just can't count them out, as bad as it seems they have two SB wins by being average and getting hot into the playoffs

:Chargers: - They should take the division. If Gordon is healthy they have a real feature back, and if the defense is healthy this is easily a team that can make a run.

Edited by butta55

I think this is shaping up to be one of the more exciting seasons in recent memory in terms of the amount of viable teams in the NFL this year. I don't know that there will be more GOOD teams, but I think there will be less BAD teams.

The result?

More teams legitimately in contention for playoff spots during the final weeks of the season.

Yeah, there's def a lot of unknown/uncertainty of what to expect in the NFL this year. So many of these teams with different looks and such.

Eagles, Chiefs, Dolphins, Saints, Vikings imo will be the teams to make it out.

I'm not convinced the Texans' offense is going to be hold up this season for them to make the playoffs.

The Giants are easily the third best team in the NFC East at least (I'm still holding out hope for RG3 staying healthy). And the Bills' offense, even with McCoy is missing a QB, and has a head coach who doesn't how to take care of offenses.

• Upvote 1

Vikings Saints Dolphins would be my only confident picks

:Eagles:

I'm going with my boys. The reason I'm going with my Eagles is because I think they have the best chance to actually win their division. I thought of teams like the Dolphins and Chargers. The Patriots will win their division. I said in the bold prediction thread the Chargers would win their division but the Broncos will pose a greater threat to the Chargers than the Cowboys posing a threat to the Eagles imo. Not to mention most people don't believe their bold predictions will come true anyways..lol.

Granted the Eagles are basically a new team having lost 9 starters (in key positions), I do believe that we have gotten better in important positions. The Cowboys losing Murray doesn't make them better imo. The reason the Cowboys did so well is because they finally gained some balance in their offense and didn't have Romo throwing 40 times a game to dig his team out of a defecit then throw the game away. Their offensive line is still dominant but we will see how that RB committee pans out.

I see a lot about how losing Murray is going to affect Dallas. They've never really had a problem putting points on the board and I really think Joseph Randle is going to fill in nicely. The reason I don't put much stock in losing Murray, and what often gets overlooked in these discussions about Dallas losing Murray is what's going on with Dallas's defense. Sean Lee missed all of last season. He's back, and has moved to the apparently more injury friendly position of OLB. Morris Claiborne missed most of last season and he's back. It's not like he was all that great, but Dallas's cornerback situation last year wasn't good. They had an undrafted free agent scout team guy play 11 games (Patmon). They picked up Hardy and drafted the Gregory kid, who's looking really promising so far in camp. They've been cross training first round pick Byron Jones at safety. Last year the D was decimated by injuries. The pass rush was non-existent. The d-backs couldn't cover shit. They seem to have addressed a lot of their issues. Injuries are going to happen and can change the entire outlook of a team's ability. But going into the season, the team looks way better than they finished last year, irregardless of Murray, because of what they have done with the defense and the strength of their o-line. Dallas is going to score a lot of points, that's what Romo & Co. have always done. But this year, I think the other team is going to score a lot less than last year.

I voted for the Rams, btw. I'd also throw in the Eagles or Giants. In the AFC, I'd go with the Chargers, Dolphins, or Chiefs.

:Texans:

:Bills:

:Vikings:

You know why these teams are making the playoffs?

:defense:

Texans D will make a lot of teams sit up and take notice, but their offense may be the worst in football.