Favre4Ever

Kam Chancellor Won't Show Up to Training Camp

According to ESPN (just saw the update on my phone so no link right now)...

Kam Chancellor will officially be holding out from training camp in hopes to get a new contract. He still has 3 years left on his deal and obviously he's regretting that signing. Seahawks got themselves a hell of a deal and he's had enough of that. Lol.

Wilson and Wagner take precedence way before they even think about his contract. He's not doing himself any favors sitting out of training camp.

The Seahawks definitely have all of the leverage here, as they aren't really pressured into negotiating when he has 3 years left... If that weren't the case though, I'd say he had higher priority.

I wish he was trade bait. Lord KNOWS we need help at safety...

Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch for him to think he'll get anywhere THIS season, but the guy is worth every penny of whatever he gets paid. Not everybody has the luxury of Azog the Defiler back there at Safety, waiting to behead anybody who gets in his way.

did anyone not know this deal was less than he could have gotten when he signed it? which, by the way, was last year

I think now you'll start to see the bigger problem Seattle has.

Feeding the ego's/mantras of these players may come at a stiffer price than they are willing to pay.

Bad timing on Chancellors part. For 1 he's hurt and needs surgery and 2 I think Seattle has a hell of a back up plan in Dion Bailey. Kam is a great player, but I don't think he'll get paid by Seattle. He should go get his surgery and come back healthy.

Bad timing on Chancellors part. For 1 he's hurt and needs surgery and 2 I think Seattle has a hell of a back up plan in Dion Bailey. Kam is a great player, but I don't think he'll get paid by Seattle. He should go get his surgery and come back healthy.

Unless you're his doctor, I'd like to see what evidence you have for this, considering he's recently stated that he's healthy and feels better than any preseason prior.

According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, Seahawks SS Kam Chancellor's holdout could stretch into the regular season "if the two sides can't reach middle ground."

Chancellor thinks he deserves more than his current $4.55 million salary and is (reportedly) willing to miss regular season games to make his point. It's going to be tough for the Seahawks to accommodate him after Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner's huge deals. Chancellor received PFF's No. 20 safety grade last season. The Seahawks can fine him up to $30,000 for every day he misses.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9736/dion-bailey

Seahawks second-year S Dion Bailey has turned heads as a "terrific playmaker" at training camp.

With SS Kam Chancellor holding out for a new contract and FS Earl Thomas recovering from offseason surgery, Bailey has been getting some reps with the first-team defense and will continue to do so, according to coach Pete Carroll. Bailey was signed as a priority UDFA last year out of USC and spent the season on Seattle's practice squad. He has a chance to fill Jeron Johnson's role from last season as the Seahawks' No. 3 safety and a core special teamer.

:kobe:

• Upvote 2

No idea why he went UD to begin with. Dude had skills for days.

We couldn't be sitting prettier. LOVE having a great option in Dion Bailey. Kid's about to show out in preseason, and once he does Kam can come crying back with his deal he signed in 13. I am all for playing hard ball with Kam. Now I love Kam and will be devastated if this somehow ends in a breakup, but to offer him anything more than maybe an extra 1 mil in signing bonus money would be outrageous. You wanna keep racking up all these easy tackles, interceptions and big hits, you continue to play for significantly less than Earl and Sherm, because that's what you're worth.

No idea why he went UD to begin with. Dude had skills for days.

Seriously, teams are about to be kicking themselves.

Kam really gives me the vibe of a system player.

Def bigger than most teams want at safety and although he has great skills, I think the heavy cover 3 system in Seattle is where his best home is. If he tries to jump to another team and system he might not be worth what he is in Seattle.

• Upvote 1

Earl Thomas is the glue that holds that secondary in place. I think Kam is on the bottom end of the totem pole of the big three in their secondary but that bottom constitutes as one of the best in the league. Put on another team, I can still see him being highly effective being the tackling box safety that he is.

ESPN Seattle’s Brady Henderson reports SS Kam Chancellor’s holdout has "no immediate end in sight."

Chancellor isn’t showing any signs of ending his holdout three weeks into training camp. He’s seeking more guaranteed money on the final two years of his deal, and is reportedly willing to miss regular season games. Coach Pete Carroll said earlier this week the sides have remained in communication, but "nothing has changed."
Source: ESPN.com

Kam Chancellor: I’m not asking for much, Seahawks should do it
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 9, 2015, 7:13 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjGetty Images

Seahawks holdout safety Kam Chancellor says the Seahawks could have him at practice tomorrow if they’d just meet him halfway on his contract request.

Chancellor told NFL Network that he’s not asking for much, and the Seahawks should meet him halfway.

“This deal could have been over with,” Chancellor said.

Chancellor says that all he’s not asking for more money, he’s just asking for some of his $6.8 million 2017 salary to be pushed into 2016. Of course, that actually is asking for more money: With inflation a dollar in 2016 is worth more than a dollar in 2017. And when the Seahawks signed Chancellor through 2017, they did so planning for the annual rise in the NFL salary cap. They can’t just give in to every player who wants money pushed forward in his contract, or else they won’t be able to fit under the salary cap in 2016.

The Seahawks are also concerned that if they give in to Chancellor, every other player will threaten to hold out unless they get advanced some of their future salary. The Seahawks have given in to players in the past, but eventually they figure they have to hold the line. And that’s what they’re doing with Chancellor, whose holdout may not end any tie soon.

No Chancellor should stop being a cunt and honor the contract he just signed like 2 years ago.

I saw a ton of people in the media calling him out for sitting at home pouting for more money while his team starts 0-2, that may have been creeping in the back of his head too.

Should be forced to sit out 2 more games as a sign they aren't fucking around.