Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Enigma: Chip Kelly

“I’m not governed by the fear of what other people say,”
“You start chasing perception,” Kelly said during that standing-room-only news conference in late May, “and you’ve got a long life ahead of you, son.”

It's quotes like this that make me have faith in Chip Kelly. There's the obvious results on the field, but this is the way great men and great leaders think. It's like Chip Kelly is the general and his team is his army. You could say that about any coach but I think it rings especially true for Chip Kelly. The way Chip wants them to commit fully to the system. Do things like hand the ref the ball to keep the pace up. The crazy practice schedule.

The guy's level of dedication is remarkable. He asks a lot from his players, but he lives, eats, sleeps and shits football.He's putting as much or maybe even more work into at all. You just don't stop people like this from getting to the top. You just don't. If The Eagles see some regression I just hope ownership keeps faith. This guy won't be stopped.

• Upvote 1

It's quotes like this that make me have faith in Chip Kelly. There's the obvious results on the field, but this is the way great men and great leaders think. It's like Chip Kelly is the general and his team is his army. You could say that about any coach but I think it rings especially true for Chip Kelly. The way Chip wants them to commit fully to the system. Do things like hand the ref the ball to keep the pace up. The crazy practice schedule.

The guy's level of dedication is remarkable. He asks a lot from his players, but he lives, eats, sleeps and shits football.He's putting as much or maybe even more work into at all. You just don't stop people like this from getting to the top. You just don't. If The Eagles see some regression I just hope ownership keeps faith. This guy won't be stopped.

I like that Chip Kelly is our coach and there a lot of people that are mad that he has gotten rid of a lot players....

But we haven't won a playoff game in 6 years with those players he got rid of..... Jackson,Maclin,McCoy,Mathis,Herremans,Cole, now Boykin.... if his madness leads to playoffs wins and even a SB kudos to him but he is going to do or his way rather even if ends getting him fired...

Edited by WeaponX20

Just when you think this guy may be on to something, he goes and signs Tim Tebow (although I've always maintained that even though Tebow isn't much of a quarterback, he is a 'winner').

I know it's weird, and almost sacrilegious, but I'm excited to see what Philly does this year. I've never had any interest in watching the Eagles, other than the obvious reason, until this season.

It's hard not to like ol' Chip.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8367/chip-kelly

Eagles coach Chip Kelly told his players Tuesday that he has no interest in leaving.

"He said, 'As long as they have me here, I'm here,'" were the words of RB Kenjon Barner. LT Jason Peters said he felt reassured by Kelly's comments. Despite the proclamation, Kelly is no better than 50-50 to be back for a fourth year in Philadelphia. He seems to be wearing out his welcome throughout the Eagles organization, and there will be no shortage of teams who want to hire him in the college ranks. Were he to make a lateral NFL move, Tennessee is the most logical destination.

I think he sticks around next year unless the team totally melts down over the final five weeks. I'm obviously not his biggest fan right now but I want to see him get a real QB.

I think he sticks around next year unless the team totally melts down over the final five weeks. I'm obviously not his biggest fan right now but I want to see him get a real QB.

It doesn't seem like he knows what that is. I will take a 2nd round pick and give you Scott Tolzien.

Eh, he tried. Bradford is an upgrade over Foles, believe it or not. Chip realized getting Mariota was a long shot (though I'm sure, behind the scenes, the Eagles tried) and knew he had to think outside the box.

This year our draft position should be low enough to draft somebody and develop them.

Hasn't this already started, tho? They've given up 90 points in back-to-back blowout games.

The last two games were totally unacceptable, no doubt. But the team will either respond over the final stretch or continue getting massacred.

Fair enough.

But even if they do not get blown out (or totally melts down) going down the final stretch, but lose out/lose a majority of the remaining games, does he really deserve another year?

I know this is kind of the whole beating a dead horse thing, but he fought hard to get GM power so he could build the team in his image. He let go of a lot of good players so he could bring in his guys. It has failed miserably.

Along the "get a real QB" line, drafting a QB high, more often than not, buys you more time. If he's not gone at the end of this year, he most likely will be finishing out his contract. You good with that?

Yes, depending on how next year goes.

lions.jpg

Still in the playoff hunt!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8367/chip-kelly

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports coach Chip Kelly will likely be back with the Eagles next season.

According to La Canfora, Eagles ownership "has no plans to move on from him." While it appears Kelly hasn't completely ruled out a return to college, it would have to be a "perfect situation" for him to leave Philadelphia. He'd also have to make that decision in the relatively near future as college recruiting season is quickly approaching. The Eagles' performance down the stretch will go a long way toward determining Kelly's future in Philadelphia, but for now, his job appears to be safe.

La Canfora is in the same category as Florio, which is the same category as the part of my testicles that itches all the time. I'd bet that "report" is just pure speculation and/or what he's heard from other reporters speculating.

Guest Phailadelphia

It would be pretty damning to admit privately he'd leave for the "perfect situation" after reassuring his players he's all-in.

But I'm willing to bet he gets canned after the season is over.

Welp. Eagles are stuck with him for another year after this for sure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000612168/article/philadelphia-eagles-let-go-of-chip-kelly?campaign=fb-nf-sf17834932-sf17834932

Chip Kelly released by Philadelphia Eagles

The Philadelphia Eagles didn't wait for Monday to make the first stunning coaching move of the offseason. Head coach Chip Kelly has been fired.

"We appreciate all the contributions that Chip Kelly made and wish him every success going forward," Eagles Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement.

Pat Shurmur will be interim head coach for Sundayâs game against the New York Giants.

Ed Marynowitz, Vice President of Player Personnel, also was released by the Eagles.

A news conference with Lurie will be held Wednesday, December 30 in the auditorium of the NovaCare Complex at 12:00 p.m. ET. Media will be permitted into the building at 10:30 a.m.

Around the NFL will have more on this story soon.

:chip:

Pulled a Josh McDaniels. Gets hired. Puts talent on a mass exodus from the team. Quickly shown the door.

Now they just need to sign an aging veteran QB in two years. >_>

Now they just need to sign an aging veteran QB in two years. >_>

Why wait? Drew Brees is ready to come on over.

• Upvote 1

He lasted about as long as I thought he would... ''2-3 years before he goes back to college ball''

He's not cut out for the NFL. Never was, never will be. The way he ran the Eagles was like he was playing franchise mode on Madden. Loser.