BwareDWare94

Your Team's Unheralded Watch-Out Players

Who are some of the young unknowns on your team who might make a big impact this season?

:Vikings:

Audie Cole, MLB--I would prefer Kendricks win the starting spot for pass coverage purposes, but Cole is a feisty fan favorite with plenty of upside.

Mycole Pruitt, TE--Pruitt is bigger than I realized and should easily get snaps at TE2 for blocking purposes. He's also has unlimited potential as a pass catcher. Look out, especially if (Rudolph) gets hurt again.

I'll post a few more when I catch a longer break.

:Texans:

CB A.J. Bouye

-A solid corner that has filled in admirably on the outside when Jackson or Joseph went down with an injury.

CB Darryl Morris

-Speed demon. A very good slot corner with a knack for timing his hits perfectly as the ball arrives. Recovers well when beaten.

CB Jumal Rolle

-This kid just has a nose for the football. He's a good technician and doesn't commit the bonehead penalties.

OLB John Simon

-Sniped him from the Ravens PS last season, and he was stout against the run, and showed pass-rush ability. With Brooks Reed now gone, Simon will have a lot of playing time this year, and I think he'll be as good if not better than Reed was.

ILB Mike Mohamed

-Easily the best coverage linebacker on the roster. He should have a lot of playing time next to Cushing and I expect him to keep 2nd round rookie McKinney mostly on the bench.

:Chargers:

They are semi-known but mostly unproven:

The perennial look-out player: Ladarius Green TE - He was basically held back by Gates last year but Gates will be suspended for four games this season. Hopefully, Green makes the most of the opportunity.

The young pass rushers: Melvin Ingram & Jerry Attoachu - High draft picks, it's their time to shine now that we have let Freeney and Jarrett Johnson go. Both have shown flashes to be good players.

Edited by BJORN

Joseph Randle - RB

Hide your underwear and cologne...I think he's going to flat out ball.

• Upvote 1

CB JaCorey Sheppard: One of those guys whose draft stock took a hit because of injuries but in college he just flat out didn't get beat.

WR Josh Huff: I expect him to be a big part of this offense after missing most of his rookie year due to injury.

OLB Brandon Graham: FINALLY Brandon Graham has a shot at being a starter and if this guy can match his pass rushing efficiency with an increased amount of snaps I think he could easily have double digit sacks.

CB JaCorey Sheppard: One of those guys whose draft stock took a hit because of injuries but in college he just flat out didn't get beat.

JaCorey Shepherd of Philadelphia Eagles has torn ACL, out for season

looks like we're gonna have to wait until next season for that one

for the Titans, there aren't many, our few good players (Casey, McCourty, Walker, and Wright) I think have actually gotten adequate press coverage

Jesse James at TE maybe? It depends on how fast he picks up on things through the preseason games. He could either be a solid #2 TE or a capable starter if Heath goes down at any point. I know he had a bad game last night and people are going to make a huuuuuge deal out of it, but it's just one game.

Karl Klug? :shrug:

Klug is good, but he's definitely one of your bottom of the rotation dline guys, definitely a good player to have in that rotation, but he's not a premier player by any stretch, he's also going into his fifth season so I think he kinda is what he's going to be at this point, not someone who's poised for a breakout

again, I think he's a very solid player and I don't mean to talk down about him (I was really glad we brought him back as a free agent this offseason) but he's not somebody I would say you need to watch for

as far as young guys, our top two picks (Mariota and DGB) are both getting plenty of press, our third rounder, Poutasi, should be in the starting lineup at RT by the end of the season, the rest of our draft picks probably won't start this year

I suppose Williamson should be mentioned, but again I think he's getting adequate coverage for where he is right now, the only other player I can think of is Cody Riggs, who we signed as an undrafted free agent and is looking good in training camp, we're weak enough at corner that he might be able to make an impact there

oh, and Tre McBride is gonna be this year's OBJ :smug:

Edited by oochymp

"oh, and Tre McBride is gonna be this year's OBJ :smug: "

David Cobb shall join him in becoming this year's Jeremy Hill

Malik Jackson. Everyone is gonna forget about this guy, and he's gonna quietly get like 12 sacks.

• Upvote 2

Avoiding rookies....

Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Dirk Koetter offenses have been TE friendly in the past and Jameis was loving throwing to Nick O'Leary last year, so if his hands improve he could be in for a big year.

Johnthan Banks. He's got a couple years of experience with up and down performance but he's got talent and maybe with a year to finally not have to learn a new system he could be more comfortable and play at a better overall level.

D.J. Swearinger. This may surprise some people, but supposedly he's balled out at camp. Let's see.

CB Aaron Colvin. Fully healed from the ACL from the Senior Bowl that stunted his rookie reason he's been balling out all offseason. He's likely gonna end up starting outside and moving inside to nickel on 3WR sets (ala Ronde Barber) which you don't see too often with modern day CBs.

LB Khairi Fortt. Backup coverage linebacker who—next to Telvin Smith—is our best cover backer and has potential to make some big plays.

WR Tony Washington. Dude catches everything. 1st year player outta App. State has quietly out produced and out performed Rashad Greene even with Greene not being bad.

K Jason Myers. :smug: Kicker news y'all. Scobee might be in trouble. This kid can boom them from 60 with accuracy. Kicked in the arena league prior. Let's see if he can unseat the 3.5 million dollar man and the Jags most consistent scorer not named MJD of the past decade :yao:

:49ers:

CB Dontae Johnson

Lawrence Okoye? Tank Carradine? I really don't know where these guys are on the depth chart.

D.J. Swearinger. This may surprise some people, but supposedly he's balled out at camp. Let's see.

Doesn't surprised me at all :nope:

Just needs to improve his horrible attitude

Mykkele Thompson..... 5th rd pick, catching on quickly at a position the Giants not only have no depth in, but they also don't have a starter besides Collins. Who is also this years pick

Malik Jackson. Everyone is gonna forget about this guy, and he's gonna quietly get like 12 sacks.

I think he's waaay too good to put on a 'watch-out' list, but I do realize most people outside the organization still don't know who he is. Definitely unheralded :yep: Not really sure how his game will translate to 3-4 DE, but guys with his motor and tenacity succeed wherever.

Cody Latimer has been a force in training camp thus far this year, and has easily leapt Bubba Caldwell for 3rd on the depth chart.

Reportedly, Gary Kubiak is loving Juwan Thompson, and he is pushing both Ball and Hillman for their spots. I wish we would just trade them both, because Kapri Bibbs has been great as well.

I am unsure of the perception of Broncos players outside of my own perspective, so I'm not really sure who's unheralded. I've raved on here a few times about Danny Trevathan and THE Brandon Marshall. These guys are both unbelievable sideline to sideline can cover if needed ILBs, and finally they're both going to play together. By the end of the year, I don't think it's going to be as laughable when I say the Donks have the best LBer group in the NFL.

Is Emmanuel Sanders still unheralded? Cus people still hatin on him. He's just gonna go out and put up 1500+ again and do his thing. He's been absolutely uncoverable at camp.

Zach Brown - Had a great rookie season in the 4-3. The season after he fell off, then landed on IR last year first game. This will be the prove it year for him and i see him bouncing back. Very fast, coverage, traditional LBer. Him and Williamson should make the duo at ILB.

Da'Norris Searcy - ​Newcomer from Buffalo, solid safety. I expect him to continue to get better here. Hes the best safety we got and should hold down his position with ease. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play at a pro bowl level.

Perrish Cox -​ Signed him with the intentions of him starting across McCourty. He had 5 ints last year and is a good sized corner. Being the #2,with McCourty and Searcy as well, our secondary get back to respectable this upcoming season.

Hakeem Nicks - So far in camp hes showing the skills he had his best year with the Giants. With Wright and Douglas as the starting 2 thus far, he will need to continue this display. With a crowded WR group in camp and Mariota playing well, I could see Wright, Douglas and Nicks setting up. Hunter is too inconsistent and Beckham will need time to make an impact. Nicks might be the gem for our FA signings.

just remembered one more,

WR Arrelious Benn. :lol: Crazy but dude has been making plays in OTA and camp. To observers they say it seems like he's got his rookie year speed back. Might finally be healed up and he's talking a new game too. We'll see in the preseason.

Don't know if this counts but Sherrick McManis has been having an outstanding camp at slot. The DB most coaches are talking about now. Amos has been having a nice camp as well 5 th rd pick from Penn State.

• Upvote 1

As I suspected, Jesse James had a much better game in game 2 against the Jags. Still has some work to do, but there's a lot to like about him.

6th rounder DT/DE Christian Covington. Has a nice pass rush with surprisingly fluid hips for a 290 pound guy - loops around nicely to get to the QB. Will be in the rotation.

WR Keith Mumphery - has very nice hands and gets open more times than his 5th round would indicate. Fighting for a spot - if he gets put on the ps, somebody will pick up a very nice prospect.

Both look like steals right now.

• Upvote 1

Kwon Alexander is an obvious choice now that he has the starter Mike job.

But #1 choice for me is Bradley McDougald. He is gonna ballout this year. He was worlds better than Mark Barron once he took over his starting role and has been having a great camp. Really excited to see how far he has come since last season.

Oh yeah, Brian Cushing is back, says he is the best he has felt since 2012. His mojo in practice is evident - his coverage and leadership are just like old times.

While not technically an unheralded player, he is more of a forgotten one. If he even gets to 95% of his 2011 - 12 form, this will be a very good D.