Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Best Trio

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best?

• Steelers (Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown)
    • Packers (Rodgers, Lacy, Nelson)
    • Seahawks (Wilson, Lynch, Graham)
    • Cowboys (Romo, McFadden, Bryant)
    • Vikings (Bridgewater, Peterson, Wallace)
    • Broncos (Manning, Anderson, Thomas)
    • Colts (Luck, Gore, Hilton)
    • Bills (Cassel, McCoy, Watkins)
    • Panthers (Newton, Stewart, Benjamin)
    • Bengals (Dalton, Hill, Green)
    • Lions (Stafford, Bell, Johnson)
    • Chiefs (Smith, Charles, Maclin)
    • Saints (Brees, Ingram, Colston)
    • Patriots (Brady, Blount, Gronkowski)
    • Other (list/explain in a post)

Like Dutch said, Jimmy was injured. And that was Olsen FIRST 1000 yard season. Olsen is #3 on the list and I don't consider that unfair. However to say his impact overall is more then Graham to me is crazy.

As too oochymp on the other, lol. Prob just trolling.

"yards yards yards, TDs, TDs, TDs."

Like I said, fantasy has severely affected how yall look at TEs.

And you saying the only reason I support Olsen over Graham is because I'm a homer is hilarious. Why are all these other folks supporting that statement as well? Are they all secret Panther fans Mikey?

No one is saying his impact is more than Graham's as far as receiving goes. Olsen is the better ALL AROUND tight end. That's it.

We've rehashed this over and over again and yet you people keep misquoting the opposing position and its pretty stupid.

You clearly value only yards and scores for a tight end. I value more than just that.

That is all there is to it.

Olsen > Graham. Witten > Graham. And most definitely, Gronk >>>> Graham.

I'll give Jimmy the 4th spot since Davis didn't play well last year.

And you saying the only reason I support Olsen over Graham is because I'm a homer is hilarious. Why are all these other folks supporting that statement as well? Are they all secret Panther fans Mikey?

No one is saying his impact is more than Graham's as far as receiving goes. Olsen is the better ALL AROUND tight end. That's it.

We've rehashed this over and over again and yet you people keep misquoting the opposing position and its pretty stupid.

You clearly value only yards and scores for a tight end. I value more than just that.

TDs > all my friend. That's production that can't be argued. That's what wins games. Also, that "all around complete package" stance doesn't mean he's better. I've already have given analogies how if a player excels in a particular area(s), the elite level of their production can surpass the level of what the all around guy brings to the table. Graham is one of the most dangerous offensive threats "period." What he brings to an offense outweighs what Olsen can do.

• Upvote 1

Haha. Why so condescending in your posts? You get extra when you don't need too. No they aren't panther fans, but they can't come up with a better argument like u.

A couple of posts ago (which you edited ), you said he'll I'd take Graham over Olsen because we need more receiving tightends. Now your saying Olsen is better because he can block.. You job on offense is to score TDs. Period.

Olsen impact for the Panthers didn't outdo Graham's impact for the Saints. Saying you would take him because you need more receiving tightends goes to show Olsen isn't getting it done for you like Graham would. Which is ok.

I don't knock Olsen, he's a top 5 TE. However, Graham on your offense would make your offense better then with Olsen on it. You could say Olsen may be better rounded as a TE. But impact wise not so. After this, we agree to disagree.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

wait, I thought we had agreed that Gronk is on a tier of his own, do we need to rehash that?

I'm also still waiting for someone to explain the 'other' vote

Other people agreed on that. Gronk is definitely better but I don't agree with the notion that Gronk is a far superior receiving threat. I saw people state that as if that's not debatable which is far from the truth. As receiving threats, they are fairly close. I would say that Gronk is more dangerous with the ball in his hands but sitting here reading that Gronk is easily a far superior route runner etc, I have no idea what people are basing that off of if you watch the tape. It's no where near as one sided as people are simply claiming. The only edge and the reason why I say Gronk is the better TE is because Graham and Gronks receiving ability is debatable "but" Gronk is a far superior blocker. Edited by Dutch
  • Upvote 1

Haha. Why so condescending in your posts? You get extra when you don't need too. No they aren't panther fans, but they can't come up with a better argument like u.

A couple of posts ago (which you edited ), you said he'll I'd take Graham over Olsen because we need more receiving tightends. Now your saying Olsen is better because he can block.. You job on offense is to score TDs. Period.

Olsen impact for the Panthers didn't outdo Graham's impact for the Saints. Saying you would take him because you need more receiving tightends goes to show Olsen isn't getting it done for you like Graham would. Which is ok.

I don't knock Olsen, he's a top 5 TE. However, Graham on your offense would make your offense better then with Olsen on it. You could say Olsen may be better rounded as a TE. But impact wise not so. After this, we agree to disagree.

I didn't edit out that part, so I don't get why pointing out I edited the post does anything except imply I was trying to hide something I said. I said we, as in the Panthers, in our current situation right now, need more receiving threats. Which we do, since we lost KB for the year. Our team needs more receiving threats, period. On a more well-balanced team that didn't have fuck-all at WR, such as the Colts, Olsen would be the better guy with more overall impact, because he could bring more to the table.

I never said anything about receiving "tightends" that is once again, you putting words in my mouth and why I am starting to be condescending towards you, since you apparently cannot read and because you're constantly saying I said things I didn't. It's extremely annoying. If I could trade Olsen for Calvin Johnson, I'd do it for the same reasons.

If your only job is to score TDs, and that's all that matters, why don't offenses run with 2 RBs, 8 WRs/TEs, and a QB? Oh thats right, because blocking actually does matter and anyone who knows anything about football knows that.

Let me spell it out for you.

We'll use a 1-10 scale.

Graham is a 9/10 for receiving and a 2/10 for blocking.

Olsen is a 7/10 for receiving and a 7/10 for blocking.

Olsen's overall value is 14, and Graham's is 11.

These numbers are pulled entirely out of my ass, but that is the reasoning why I can say "Graham is the better receiving threat, but Olsen is better overall."

As far as the Panthers situation goes, the reason I would want Jimmy over Olsen is because:

Olsen is a 7/10 receiving and a 7/10 blocking.

Ed Dickson is a 5/10 receiving and a 6/10 blocking.

So we wouldn't lose as much on the blocking front by downgrading to Dickson as our only real TE, as we would gain on the receiving front by acquiring Jimmy. The fact that he can't block worth two shits is irrelevant as we have other guys we can put in to block, we need receiving threats because Carolina has Devin Funchess as our #1 WR.

Again numbers are pulled out of nowhere, just making a point.

Edited by Thanatos19

If your job is to score TDs, and that's all that matters, why don't offenses run with 2 RBs, 8 WRs/TEs, and a QB? Oh thats right, because blocking actually does matter and anyone who knows anything about football knows that.

Come on now... That's pretty extreme...:yao: You have offensive lineman to block and coaches have the leisure to use their TEs however they want.

Other people agreed on that. Gronk is definitely better but I don't agree with the notion that Gronk is a far superior receiving threat. I saw people state that as if that's not debatable which is far from the truth. As receiving threats, they are fairly close. I would say that Gronk is more dangerous with the ball in his hands but sitting here reading that Gronk is easily a far superior route runner etc, I have no idea what people are basing that off of if you watch the tape. It's no where near as one sided as people are simply claiming. The only edge and the reason why I say Gronk is the better TE is because Graham and Gronks receiving ability is debatable "but" Gronk is a far superior blocker.

so they're similar as receivers but Gronk is a far superior blocker, which makes them comparable TEs? I'm not sure I follow your logic here

I didn't edit out that part, so I don't get why pointing out I edited the post does anything except imply I was trying to hide something I said. I said we, as in the Panthers, in our current situation right now, need more receiving threats. Which we do, since we lost KB for the year. Our team needs more receiving threats, period. On a more well-balanced team that didn't have fuck-all at WR, such as the Colts, Olsen would be the better guy with more overall impact, because he could bring more to the table.

I never said anything about receiving "tightends" that is once again, you putting words in my mouth and why I am starting to be condescending towards you, since you apparently cannot read and because you're constantly saying I said things I didn't. It's extremely annoying.

If your job is to score TDs, and that's all that matters, why don't offenses run with 2 RBs, 8 WRs/TEs, and a QB? Oh thats right, because blocking actually does matter and anyone who knows anything about football knows that.

Your right. Teams just play defense and nobody tries to score TDs. Gtfo. You know what I mean on your job is to score TDs.

You did mention receiving tightends or threats in one of your eariler post so save your high horse tone with me bro.

Blocking is the oline job. Tightend is give or take. This isn't the 90s. Tightends have become a bigger WR threat. Everyone is trying to get the next Gronk. The next Jimmy. Tightends blocking aren't as impactful as a receiving threat at the tightend position.

Only time they would be considered useful to block is in a goaline formation or a heavy run offense. Now we have unbalanced oline bringing in an extra tackle to block as a "tightend".

Yards yards TDs TDs.. that was a funny post though. Fantasy football may be a sport in its own. Football hasn't changed, in what you do to win. Score TDS and play defense to score the other team.

So idk what the hell you were tryna prove there.

If Panthers score less points then the Saints, they lose don't they?

• Downvote 1

The blocking doesn't catapult him into another stratosphere.

@oochy

Edited by Dutch

I never said anything about receiving "tightends" that is once again, you putting words in my mouth and why I am starting to be condescending towards you, since you apparently cannot read and because you're constantly saying I said things I didn't. It's extremely annoying. If I could trade Olsen for Calvin Johnson, I'd do it for the same reasons.

If your only job is to score TDs, and that's all that matters, why don't offenses run with 2 RBs, 8 WRs/TEs, and a QB? Oh thats right, because blocking actually does matter and anyone who knows anything about football knows that.

Let me spell it out for you.

We'll use a 1-10 scale.

Graham is a 9/10 for receiving and a 2/10 for blocking.

Olsen is a 7/10 for receiving and a 7/10 for blocking.

Olsen's overall value is 14, and Graham's is 11.

These numbers are pulled entirely out of my ass, but that is the reasoning why I can say "Graham is the better receiving threat, but Olsen is better overall."

As far as the Panthers situation goes, the reason I would want Jimmy over Olsen is because:

Olsen is a 7/10 receiving and a 7/10 blocking.

Ed Dickson is a 5/10 receiving and a 6/10 blocking.

So we wouldn't lose as much on the blocking front by downgrading to Dickson as our only real TE, as we would gain on the receiving front by acquiring Jimmy. The fact that he can't block worth two shits is irrelevant as we have other guys we can put in to block, we need receiving threats because Carolina has Devin Funchess as our #1 WR.

Again numbers are pulled out of nowhere, just making a point.

Graham would be a 10 on the receiving end, and Olsen a 6 at best. Dude has 1 1000 yard season and hasn't scored more then 8 TDS in his career. I get what you are saying because I was going to do the same thing lol. End of the day, if people are saying Graham is an oversized WR, who is a top threat, how is that not more impactful?

Seeing your posts and favres. You guys go for versatile over top one sided players. The thing is I normally would agree with that, EXCEPT the tightend and wr positions. The position has changed so therefore so has the grading IMO. But hey have at it with Olsen. I'd take Graham and the better offense.

• Upvote 1

The blocking doesn't catapult him into another stratosphere.

@oochy

looking back at my posts I suppose using the term 'tier' may have been misleading, I was saying that Gronk is in another stratosphere, just that he's clearly better, it's not close to a 1a/1b scenario like you described

Come on now... That's pretty extreme... :yao: You have offensive lineman to block and coaches have the leisure to use their TEs however they want.

Exactly, which is why Mikey saying "your job on offense is to score TDs, period," is a completely idiotic statement.

• Downvote 1

Graham would be a 10 on the receiving end, and Olsen a 6 at best. Dude has 1 1000 yard season and hasn't scored more then 8 TDS in his career. I get what you are saying because I was going to do the same thing lol. End of the day, if people are saying Graham is an oversized WR, who is a top threat, how is that not more impactful?

Seeing your posts and favres. You guys go for versatile over top one sided players. The thing is I normally would agree with that, EXCEPT the tightend and wr positions. The position has changed so therefore so has the grading IMO. But hey have at it with Olsen. I'd take Graham and the better offense.

Sigh. You completely ignore the point to attack meaningless numbers. (Btw Olsen would still be a 13 with your numbers compared to Graham's 12, so even then you're agreeing with me I guess.)

I suppose its completely coincidental that Olsen has always had at least a bonafide #1 WR on his team every year and Graham has never had one. But no, its all about the numbers. That's all we care about anymore, because stats are everything.

Someone let the Lions know they should put Megatron at the TE position. He'd be the best or second best in the league immediately.

I'm done with this argument.

Exit stage left!

lGxKLnX.gif

Edited by Thanatos19