Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Best Trio

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best?

• Steelers (Roethlisberger, Bell, Brown)
    • Packers (Rodgers, Lacy, Nelson)
    • Seahawks (Wilson, Lynch, Graham)
    • Cowboys (Romo, McFadden, Bryant)
    • Vikings (Bridgewater, Peterson, Wallace)
    • Broncos (Manning, Anderson, Thomas)
    • Colts (Luck, Gore, Hilton)
    • Bills (Cassel, McCoy, Watkins)
    • Panthers (Newton, Stewart, Benjamin)
    • Bengals (Dalton, Hill, Green)
    • Lions (Stafford, Bell, Johnson)
    • Chiefs (Smith, Charles, Maclin)
    • Saints (Brees, Ingram, Colston)
    • Patriots (Brady, Blount, Gronkowski)
    • Other (list/explain in a post)

What team do you think has the best QB/RB/Pass Catcher (can't leave Seattle and New England out of this) in the league? I've tried to put any that I think could be considered contenders into the poll, but I'm sure someone will find someone I missed so I included other, I'll give my comments after a few others have weighed in

Edited by oochymp

Steelers followed closely by the Packers and Seahawks.

I'm a huge Bell fan. I would easily say Steelers right now. Big Ben is top 5, possibly top 3 QB. Bell is a monster. And Brown is a top 3 WR.

Best offense in NFL for my pick.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Do the Vikings immediately jump into this discussion if Teddy plays well?

Also, switch McFadden to Randle

Steelers. Not really debatable either, tbh.

ETA: I take that back. Green Bay is pretty close.

Edited by Maverick

Do the Vikings immediately jump into this discussion if Teddy plays well?Also, switch McFadden to Randle

Probably not. Wallace isn't a top WR and Bridgewater won't be a top 5 QB just yet. I was high on Teddy when I was in Louisville. Seen alot of his games. He will be good but I don't see them being a top trio.

Do the Vikings immediately jump into this discussion if Teddy plays well?

Also, switch McFadden to Randle

not for #1, but I think they're in the conversation of great trios if Teddy continues to play well

as for McFadden/Randle I went from the depth chart on ESPN, which I don't think is entirely accurate but I think it's as reliable as anything else this time of year, I could switch them but I'm really not sure it improves the trio

and I went with Steelers as well, but I do think the Packers are a very close second and an argument could be made for flipping them

I edited my original post but I'll reinforce the point. Thought the Steelers were #1 clearly, but it's really close with GB.

QB: GB

RB: Tie?

WR: Pitt

Wow, Antonio Brown's season last year has drastically changed the poll results. I voted for them last year but the poll wasn't overwhelmingly for them. A lot more takers going for :Packers: last year

Wow, Antonio Brown's season last year has drastically changed the poll results. I voted for them last year but the poll wasn't overwhelmingly for them. A lot more takers going for :Packers: last year

if memory serves, a lot of people went with Dallas last year, Murray's departure obviously changed that

I edited my original post but I'll reinforce the point. Thought the Steelers were #1 clearly, but it's really close with GB.

QB: GB

RB: Tie?

WR: Pitt

I don't think it's a tie at RB. Bell is a much better receiving RB.

• Upvote 1

The Steelers and Cowboys were neck and neck last year in this debate--now it's the Steelers, no doubt.

It's got to be the Steelers. The Packers are the only ones who come close (Best QB and top 10 WR vs Top 5 QB and best WR), and I think Bell just edges out Lacy although it's pretty close.

I like Bell a lot more than Lacy.

How about Mariota/Cobb/Hunter? :D

I like Bell a lot more than Lacy.

How about Mariota/Cobb/Hunter? :D

I thought about putting Mariota/Cobb/McBride in there purely for my amusement, I think they're probably a year away tho :p

Steelers pretty easily. Packers are almost there but not quite. Everyone else is just kinda existing and not really even competing for that top spot.

Razor kinda did this already but here's where they go for me..

Steelers:
Top 3 QB
Top WR
Top 3 RB

Packers:
Top QB
Top 5 WR

Top 5 RB

• Upvote 1

That's a fair point. I wasn't sure that's why I put the question mark. Like I said, I voted for the Steelers but the second place team was closer than I had originally thought.

Who troll voted for the Pats? :disgust:

I know people aren't very high on Wilson here but you have to think what getting Jimmy Graham is going to do for him on top of having beastmode.

Seahawks have the best TE in the game,a top 3 RB (imo the best RB in football) and a top 10 QB. They will have the ability to open the pass with the run and the run with the pass. They offensively will be ridiculous.

Lynch has been on this thing year in year out, Bell although rightly rated has 1 great year. I'll right now take the Seahawks over the Steelers then Green Bay.

"Best TE in the game."

:yao:

Gronk is the best. But he had trouble staying heathly. If he can play, of course anyone would take him. Graham has been able to stay heathly and is the 2nd best.

At one point I'd take Graham over Gronk due to him not able to stay heathly. It's not crazy to consider Graham the best in that regard.

Lacy and Bell were the two best receiving backs in football last year according to PFF. AND they are both easily the most well rounded backs, being 2 of the 4 RBs in the league that graded out positively in every category. Bell graded out as the top back, Lacy right behind him at 2.

Bell got double the targets and double the catches and double the yards.. But with the same number of targets Lacy would have bested Bell in every statistical category. Extrapolating the numbers, he would have caught a higher percentage of the throws his way... Would have had more yards, yards after the catch.

Lacy already scored more TDs in 50 less targets.. Steelers threw an INT going at Bell, Packers didn't throwing at Lacy. Bell drops a pass at twice the rate Lacy does.. Bell forced 29 missed tackles on 100 passes thrown his way... Lacy made 24 guys miss on 50 passes n his direction.

For the record, I don't think RB is "tied". I think Bell is better overall. And I won't even argue if your point is Bell > Lacy as a pass catcher. But to say he is "a much better receiver" is extremely misleading IMO when talking about the two best in the league.

Granted, PFF isn't the end all be all

Lacy is a beast and his tenacity and quickness (despite being huge) reminds me of a Steven Jackson but I think it would be kind of hard to justify him as a top 5 RB. Not yet anyways.

Lacy is a beast and his tenacity and quickness (despite being huge) reminds me of a Steven Jackson but I think it would be kind of hard to justify him as a top 5 RB. Not yet anyways.

'top 5' is such an arbitrary identifier, there are about 8-10 backs I'd consider top level RBs with not a whole lot separating them, and Lacy's definitely one of them, I don't see any reason to arbitrarily decide that 3-5 of them aren't as good

Lacy is at the bottom of the top 10 list, as in like, 8 to 10. Whereas Bell is easily in the top 3, at least after last season.

IMO it's the Steelers then it's everyone else.

• Upvote 2