Sign in to follow this  
Bucman

Buccaneers 2015 Season thread

JW_Press_Release.0.0.jpg

Looks to be another long year as a Bucs fan. Unless the OL steps up huge, they may be worse than last year. If that is even possible.

I wouldn't say the OL is worse than last year just yet. We're basing this on a preseason game where key starters such as Logan Mankins and Evan Smith barely played. It's obviously not a strength, but hopefully we won't see Garrett Gilkey at center this year.......or at all.

My expectations right now are 6-10/7-9 or so. I expect improvement in some areas, work to do in others. We'll see up and down performances from a rookie QB as well. I'm looking forward to watching it play out.

Trenches will hold the team back this year. I don't have faith in the o-line at all and Warhop is one of the worst coaches in the league. Can't believe he's still around after last year's mess. Just gotta hope that they don't Jameis killed which I'm very worried about with Dotson probably missing the first few games. Hopefully we bring in Cherlius and he can be a respectable starter.

D-line isn't as bad as the o-line but we have no outside rush. Unless Jacquies Smith plays like he does the second half of last year or George Johnson breaks out, we're in big trouble. Hopefully Lovie and Frazier can get creative with the line and move some of our DT's around. We're loaded there with McCoy, McDonald, Melton and McDaniel. Pretty sad that I have more faith in our interior guys getting pressure than I do with our ends.

With that being said, a lot of young guys are gonna be getting playing time and I'm interested to see who can step up in the next few weeks and throughout the season. Kwon Alexander sounds like he could have been a big steal for us in the 4th and watching the rookies on the o-line will definitely be interesting. Also excited to see if guys like McDougald, ASJ and Edwards/Pamphile can earn their starting roles on this team.

Anyways, I think we're still another year or two away from competing for the playoffs. Just gotta draft a lot in the trenches the next two drafts and I think we'll really be in the business.

• Upvote 1

We play u guys first game, in Tampa. This game could go either way. Your oline is hurting as much as ours lol. Whoever can protect their rookie QB will probably win.

Excited to see the too 2 picks go at it like that, 1st game.

+rep for Kwon Alexander mention, hearing good things too didn't focus on him when watching live but always thought he'd pan out in the league like my boy Telvin Smith and the best off ball LB in the league IMO Lavonte David. Love these explosive instinct savvy backers, weight be damned.

Titans vs Bucs first game? That will definitely create some buzz. I hope the game doesn't suck.

Kwon Alexander has been moved up to the first team as the MLB, sending Bruce Carter to the second team. We'll see if this is permanent but he's playing like he's earned it.

Gosder Cherilus was signed to a 2 year deal today. He's likely starting at RT Week 1 because of Dotson's injury. Hopefully he holds up, but I'm not confident. He was very poor with the Colts. But he's a better bet than whatever bum we have for depth. Maybe Kevin Pamphile could win that job, but Cherilus helps the depth nonetheless, especially when Dotson becomes healthy by Week 3 or 4. We just gotta hope that our vets on the OL are primed for a bounceback year, mainly Mankins and Smith. I really think Mankins will, he's come into camp in the best shape of his career and he's had a great attitude all offseason. I could see him playing well this year, idk about Smith though. I still think center is an underrated need for this team. Just watch what happened when we took Smith out of the game Saturday night. Bad snaps straight up ruined two drives in a row. That's how you lose football games in the NFL.

The lack of pass rush and the OL will be what primarily holds this team back from being close to having any success.

Obviously we'll see rookie QB mistakes, but if he can play up to his potential, we COULD overcome a lot of it. There is faith in Winston.

I have no faith in a pass rush and the OL pass/run blocking.

This is basically still a 2-14 team until proven otherwise.

• Upvote 1

The lack of pass rush and the OL will be what primarily holds this team back from being close to having any success.

Obviously we'll see rookie QB mistakes, but if he can play up to his potential, we COULD overcome a lot of it. There is faith in Winston.

I have no faith in a pass rush and the OL pass/run blocking.

This is basically still a 2-14 team until proven otherwise.

What's your prediction on our game?

What's your prediction on our game?

The team's (rookie) QB that makes the least amount of mistakes will win the game. /John Madden

I find it crazy that the Bucs could have the most loaded group of DTs in the league, but the worst group of DEs. There is a lot of talk of giving Henry Melton snaps at DE because the production is so poor outside.

I agree the OL and pass rush will hold us back, but I still think we'll see improvements and win 6 or 7 games.

The Buccaneers have moved Bruce Carter to strong-side linebacker, where he is competing with Danny Lansanah to start.

It didn't take Carter long to flop at middle linebacker, which is where the Bucs gave him a four-year, $17 million deal to play. He was quickly usurped by fourth-round rookie Kwon Alexander. Carter may end up as a lightly-used sub-package linebacker behind Lansanah, Alexander, and WLB Lavonte David.

Old cowboys trash.

Alexander is good fit for this D. Can't wait to see David and his together

Carter should have never been competing for the MLB job. He should have been competing at SLB. Thankfully, now that Kwon has taken over as the MLB, Carter is now vying for the SLB gig against Danny Lansanah.

Better late than never, I suppose.

We'll see how that SLB battle goes, but I'd expect Lansanah to win. He's had a strong camp and already has experience in Lovie's defense from last year. Carter is going to have to settle for a reserve role, and it isn't even because he sucks or something. It's because we found our starting MLB sooner than expected in Alexander and have a pretty solid group at LB. It's nice to know that if one of our starting LBs go down we can have Carter come in and get the job done too. Depth is nice.

The news of Sterling Moore being moved to nickel is great too. I assumed that would've been the plan to begin with, not sure what the Bucs are doing with some players out of position like that and Carter at MLB initially.

We'll see how that SLB battle goes, but I'd expect Lansanah to win. He's had a strong camp and already has experience in Lovie's defense from last year. Carter is going to have to settle for a reserve role, and it isn't even because he sucks or something. It's because we found our starting MLB sooner than expected in Alexander and have a pretty solid group at LB. It's nice to know that if one of our starting LBs go down we can have Carter come in and get the job done too. Depth is nice.

The news of Sterling Moore being moved to nickel is great too. I assumed that would've been the plan to begin with, not sure what the Bucs are doing with some players out of position like that and Carter at MLB initially.

I dunno about the "strong camp" in regards to Lansanah. The SLB battle is very much up for grabs.

Sterling Moore FINALLY being moved back to nickel is also another "FINALLY" moment. He should have been there from the get-go.

Supposedly, Leonard Johnson and Isaiah Frey were so bad the Bucs didn't have much of a choice. But what were they expecting from those two to begin with? lol This organization is run so weirdly sometimes.

Supposedly, Leonard Johnson and Isaiah Frey were so bad the Bucs didn't have much of a choice. But what were they expecting from those two to begin with? lol This organization is run so weirdly sometimes.

Yeah, I do not get some of the coaching decisions.

You sign Bruce Carter, who played SLB with the 'Boys and had some success, and proceed to place him at MLB. Wut?

You sign Sterling Moore, who played nickel corner with the 'Boys and had some success, and proceed to place him in competition for an outside spot? Uh, ok.

Oh well. Like I said, better late than never, I suppose.

Supposedly Lovie will be calling all the defensive plays this season, not Leslie Frazier.

Surprise! Leonard Johnson has sucked for years now. He will continue to stick around though because of his 1 splash play he makes.

Yup...still a dumpster fire... /cry

We got Ryan Leaf'd :yao::troll:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Newton had a terrible preseason his first year. Stay calm.

Seriously, we haven't even played a regular season game yet.....

• Upvote 1

Bucs look pretty bad. You guys love Chris Conte, what else needs to be said.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bucs ceiling = 5 wins. Might be a bit generous though.