Sign in to follow this  
Bucman

Buccaneers 2015 Season thread

Seriously, we haven't even played a regular season game yet.....

How many times have we seen this story before??

The Bucs look awful in the preseason, for the most part, only to watch it transfer over into the regular season.

Again, this is a 2-14 team until proven otherwise. Where we stand right now, they look on track to stay on that road.

This team will be terrible again. But we all knew that was coming. We still have no pass rush and the OL is a work in progress. All this with a rookie Qb who is going to have struggles this year.

I think the fact that we only have 3 days to prepare and game plan while the Browns had 8 or 9 played a reason in why we looked so bad on Saturday. The Browns were constantly throwing blitzes at us and the o-line was obviously not prepared for them. Winston obviously didn't look good and made poor decisions when pressured, but that's gonna happen with a rookie QB.

The defense started off poorly with that first drive but then had 5 straight 3 and outs. It was disappointing to see the Browns drive down their throats again to start off the second half, but I think there is definite improvement on that side of the ball from last year.

The fact of the matter is we're not as good as we played against Cincy, and we're not as bad as we played against the Browns. This is a young team that is going to go through a lot of growing pains this year. There are going to be some flashes of brilliance and some moments (probably a good amount for the offense) where we're just going to be shaking our heads.

Like BucD said, this is a 2-14 team, and also a very young team. We have 2 rookies starting on our o-line, a rookie QB and half of our starting defense is 25 or younger. As long as the team improves throughout the season and continues to make progress, I will be happy. By some of the reactions you see by Bucs fans, I really don't understand what people were expecting. I guess some people bought too much into the Winston hype.

Edited by AllYouNeedIsLovie

Nobody ever said this was a playoff season ever. Is it just too much to ask to not cry and moan about how horrible we look in the damn preseason. When the Bucs look bad in preseason all of a sudden the sky is falling, but they look good against a playoff team on national TV and it's just preseason and doesn't matter. How about we wait for some games that actually matter before we turn into a bunch of Chicken Littles calling for another 2-14 season and compare Jameis to Ryan Leaf.

I for one am excited for the season and seeing how key players progress, if the season goes well, great. If not, it's not like it's something I'm not used to.

Edited by Milla4Prez63
  • Upvote 1

On a unrelated note, I find it crazy that Tim Wright will spend his first 3 years in the league with 3 different teams but somehow managed to open training camp with the same team for all 3. Weird.

• Upvote 1

On a unrelated note, I find it crazy that Tim Wright will spend his first 3 years in the league with 3 different teams but somehow managed to open training camp with the same team for all 3. Weird.

That kicker we got is probably going to win the job. He has been money in the preseason.

Finally, the Michael Koenen nightmare is over. It also appears the Leonard Johnson one may be too. Hopefully we sign Tim Jennings.

WHEW Leonard Johnson and Michael Koenen are finally gone. Spence was let go too. Now to just cut Gilkey.

lol - Come on Milla. The Ryan Leaf bit wasn't serious. It was a joke. A troll. It was fairly obvious.

Honestly, I just want to see us be competitive in games (i.e. not get blown out) and show some improvement from week to week. I am not really going to pay THAT much attention to the record. I have not/am not expecting a playoff run, but I do expect to see some sort of growth. Some sort of improvement over the previous season. Especially when playing a much easier schedule. It does not have to be HUGE growth, although that would be nice, but just SOME growth. To show that this roster is gaining more talent, more experience and adept coaching from this staff.

These are realistic expectation, IMO. If we don't see this? If we see more of the Browns stuff or previous year's BS, then yeah, I am going to be upset. It is only natural, as fans can only take so much dumpster fire after dumpster fire after dumpster fire. It gets harder and harder to invest emotionally into a team that only produces negatively.

We'll see how it goes...obviously...

George Warhop needs to go this offseason. He has been a failure at almost every stop.

I suspect Winston is gonna throw a ton of picks this year. Probably in the 20s.

Edited by Bucman

I don't think Warhop is a great OL coach, but he gets a lot of flack he doesn't deserve mainly because of the lack of talent on the line. Especially now our best starter is injured and we're left with two rookies and two past their prime vets. I won't cry if he's let go, but firing coaches isn't always the answer to our problems either. Next year's draft needs to be trenches heavy, on both sides of the ball.

So we basically have one healthy DE on the roster in George Johnson. LOL ouch

Jack Smith still isn't healthy and TJ Fat was injured in the last preseason game. Sure Henry Melton CAN play DE, but his position is DT. William Gholston has been almost exclusively playing inside.

I don't really see any players on the waiver wire that they could claim that really look to be worth a damn, but hey, that's how we got Michael Bennett and Jack Smith.

3 minutes into week 1.... LOOOOOOOOOL

It's hard to put into words how frustrating things are right now. It's just like the Bucs want to continue to find ways to be worse. To open the season with a performance like that is just beyond unforgivable and it's just becoming frustrating to not even be able to open the season with some sort of hope anymore. The Bucs just continue to find ways to crash and burn spectacularly and it's the point that I don't even care who we hire, sign, draft, etc. there is just issues within this organization that go deeper. It all starts with the Glazer boys, they are the only one constant throughout this long stretch of pathetic play on the field.

That isn't to excuse Lovie Smith either, to go 2-14 and then open the season with a loss like that is just pathetic beyond belief. This guy is trying to dig his own grave, and the fact that he took full defensive play calling control and then managed to get torched by a rookie QB he passed on looks horrible on him. I really don't want to have to go through another coaching change, but if this season continues to go down the path that started in Week 1, it's hard to imagine him keeping the gig.

As for Jameis, it wasn't a pretty game but I'm not ready to call him a bust like so many people are doing. His first game was better than Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck's first career games. Not to say he will be as good as those guys, but I'm tired of hearing the shit from dumb people caught up in the moment. Jameis needs to continue working and we'll see what happens. The season moves on, but for the 3rd season in a row my hope and excitement is already gone. My expectations are not even that high either, it's just the Bucs keep continuing to find ways to reach new lows.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

Nobody ever said this was a playoff season ever. Is it just too much to ask to not cry and moan about how horrible we look in the damn preseason. When the Bucs look bad in preseason all of a sudden the sky is falling, but they look good against a playoff team on national TV and it's just preseason and doesn't matter. How about we wait for some games that actually matter before we turn into a bunch of Chicken Littles calling for another 2-14 season and compare Jameis to Ryan Leaf.

I for one am excited for the season and seeing how key players progress, if the season goes well, great. If not, it's not like it's something I'm not used to.

It doesn't seem so far fetched now, does it?

Like I said, yeah, it was preseason, but how many times have we seen this team carry over that pathetic play over into the regular season?

More of the same.

Same shit different day.

I've never ever understood the logic behind people who claim someone to be a bust after one game, or one season. Especially in a game where everyone played horrid.

Unless there are absolutely no redeeming qualities that could of be taken from a player, then I get it, but that's far from the case here.

This isn't really pointed at anyone here as I haven't see anyone here even really talk about Winston, but I went to undergrad with a lot of Floridians and are all on Facebook calling him a bust already, and a waste man.

A lot of people are hating on Winston hard core right now. It feels like half the fan base is calling him a bust. I just don't get why fans can't just get behind the QB and hope for the best instead of creating a venomous environment in the city for the kid. But some people care more about being right than their team succeeding.

These are the same fans that will ride his dick after he has a really good game, and claim they've been on the Jameis bandwagon since his high school days in Alabama.

Seriously fuck those shitty kind of "fans." :nope:

Edited by FartWaffles

People need instant gratification more than ever. What hurt Jameis even more on Sunday was how well Mariota played. So Bucs fans asked if Mariota could do that why not Jameis? It's not a fair way to look at things, but when have people ever been fair about judging a player?

Also remember that nobody can make a rookie QB look as bad as Dick LeBeau can. Jameis will get better, but it might take a little time.

The bucs. The bucs. The bucs are on fire. We don't need no water let the motherfuckers burn. :smug:

• Upvote 1

Who knows if Mariota would've done that well in Tampa behind that OL and with the defense playing like shit. Jameis is obviously looking shakey early, but he's still a rookie. I see a lot of good things, just gotta keep working and we'll see what happens. I see no reason to write him off after a damn game.

I've never ever understood the logic behind people who claim someone to be a bust after one game, or one season. Especially in a game where everyone played horrid.

Unless there are absolutely no redeeming qualities that could of be taken from a player, then I get it, but that's far from the case here.

This isn't really pointed at anyone here as I haven't see anyone here even really talk about Winston, but I went to undergrad with a lot of Floridians and are all on Facebook calling him a bust already, and a waste man.

It's just the typical casual fans that are saying that kind of stuff.

They're the same people that call into "sports radio" shows. lol