Favre4Ever

New Skins -- Player Selection

We are asking for you guys to nominate and decide which players you want to see on your teams skin. Please try to pick cornerstone-esquee pieces to your team. Otherwise, guys you can actually envision being with the team for the long term.

So try to find guys with some contract security. Maybe stay away from the super religious types. The attention whores aren't exactly the safest bet. And diva types aren't well recommended either as who knows when the team will want to cut ties.

In other words, I am sorry Eagle fans but you are not getting Tim Tebow.

As well as posting 2 players for your own team, please nominate 2 players for the main banner (not just from your own team but league-wide).

We will collectively figure out the teams who don't have fans represented here at a later time.

Thanks.

Player Selections

Main - Aaron Rodgers & JJ Watt

Patriots

Jets

Bills -- Fred Jackson and Sammy Watkins

Dolphinks

Bengals -- AJ Green and Reggie Nelson

Steelers -- Big Ben & Troy Polamalu

Ravens

Browns

Colts

Titans -- Air McNair and Keith Bullock

Jaguars -- Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith

Texans -- JJ Watt and DeAndre Hopkins

Broncos -- DT and Von Miller

Chiefs

Chargers

Raiders -- Bo Jackson?? and Charles Woodson

Eagles

Cowboys -- Romo and Dez

Giants -- The Gap Tooth and Osi

Redskins -- Ryan Kerrigan and Trent Williams

Packers -- Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb

Bears -- Walter Payton ??? and Brian Urlacher

Vikings -- Xavier Rhodes and Anthony Barr
Lions

Panthers -- Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly

Saints

Bucs -- Warren Sapp and Mike Evans

Falcons

Seahawks

Cardinals

Rams

49ers - NaVarro Bowman and Eric Reid

Edited by Favre4Ever

:Broncos:

Gotta be Von and DT.

:NFL:

Aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt

Edited by theMileHighGuy

:49ers: NaVorro Bowman, Eric Reid. There really is no one else to pick and both of these guys are uncertain. Bowman could be a different player and Reid could retire.

:NFL: Aaron Rodgers, Justin James Watt.

:Texans:

J.J. Watt and DeAndre Hopkins

Main Banner

Aaron Rodgers and Darrelle Revis

Going to pick one offense and one defense for both categories.

:Eagles:

Mychal Kendricks and Demarco Murray.

Rob Gronkowski and Luke Kuechly.

Do they have to be current players?

If not, Brian Westbrook and Brian Dawkins. If so, Jordan Matthews and Fletcher Cox.

And count me on board the Rodgers/Watt train.

I'd honestly just stick with McNair and Bulluck. Ace mentioned Mariota and Casey, and while Casey is fine, putting any draft pick on the banner is risky in case they bust. If it HAS to be two current players..

Jurrell Casey and Jason McCourty are probably the two safest bets. They're our #1 and #3 players(I have Walker slightly ahead of McCourty, but McCourty is younger and is under contract for a year longer than Walker)

If you're wanting 1 offense, 1 defense, Casey and Delanie Walker.

You're asking at a bad time for the Titans though. Guys like Mariota, Lewan and Warmack are all poised to potentially be break out players and have an argument to be on the list from the offense, but they haven't proven enough yet to be confident in saying you won't have to replace them any time soon.

That's why I'd stick with old school and keep McNair/Bulluck, but whatever works I suppose.

I also agree with Rodgers/Watt for main banner.

Edited by .AirMcNair.
  • Upvote 1

Strahan and Eli for the Giants.

Big Ben and Jamaal Charles for the main (I know there is zero chance of this actually happening and it will be Rodgers/Watt, but I like to be different :shifty: ).

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 2

The main page banner has already been spoken for.

Steelers: Jack Lambert and Troy Polamalu. A timeless pair that will never go out of style. If they have to be current players, then Ben Roethlisberger and Ryan Shazier.

I'm with Air, there's nobody on the Titans' current roster that makes more sense than McNair and Bulluck, so save some time and leave the Titans' skin as is

for the main banner, I do still like MJD and Willis as a nice throwback, but for current players I think Rodgers and Watt are the right call

also, since we don't have many Redskin fans and I'm in Virginia, I'll speak for them and say Ryan Kerrigan should definitely be one (probably their best player and he just signed a five year extension) and I'd go with Trent Williams for the second or Alfred Morris if you want someone more recognizable, both of those are under contract for two more years and and they're the closest thing the Redskins' offense has to cornerstone players

I might circle back to this and post some suggestions for other teams we don't have a lot of fans of

Edited by oochymp

:Bengals:

AJ Green and Reggie Nelson

:Rams:

Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley

Aaron Rodgers and JJ Watt

Edited by Chernobyl426

:Raiders: Bo Jackson / Charles Woodson

Sherman and Brady

Edited by DarthRaider

Maybe Dmac can hit on the current players vs non-current players thing. The only thing that would cause a problem is the era of which they played. He will still need to find (or maybe you can) a high enough quality photo of the player you want to cut out and put on the banner. The resolution has to be there to make the picture and quality of the picture usable. For example... Guys like Michael Strahan are almost most definitely usable... Guys like Bart Starr or somebody would be a lot harder or near impossible to achieve.

:Bears:

Urlacher and Payton (Third choice is Briggs)

Main:

Watt & Gronk

I'd honestly just stick with McNair and Bulluck. Ace mentioned Mariota and Casey, and while Casey is fine, putting any draft pick on the banner is risky in case they bust. If it HAS to be two current players..

Jurrell Casey and Jason McCourty are probably the two safest bets. They're our #1 and #3 players(I have Walker slightly ahead of McCourty, but McCourty is younger and is under contract for a year longer than Walker)

If you're wanting 1 offense, 1 defense, Casey and Delanie Walker.

You're asking at a bad time for the Titans though. Guys like Mariota, Lewan and Warmack are all poised to potentially be break out players and have an argument to be on the list from the offense, but they haven't proven enough yet to be confident in saying you won't have to replace them any time soon.

That's why I'd stick with old school and keep McNair/Bulluck, but whatever works I suppose.

I also agree with Rodgers/Watt for main banner.

Oh. Well if we can do old school then I'd be all for Mcnair and Bulluck. I just picked Mariota and Casey because they play now. McNair for sure. And I'd go with Kearse. Him or Bulluck is good.

Bad time for the Jags too as the core is young and unproven, all potential. There's guys like Sen'Derrick Marks I guess, but he's coming off an ACL what his production drops? If I were to guess on which core guys will pan out long term I guess Allen Robinson and Telvin Smith? I feel like Yeldon's gonna be good but haven't seen him play in a real game yet :yao: Also if Bortles pans out not having him on there isn't gonna make a ton of sense for Jags fans in the future. I don't got a solid answer :shrug:

EDIT: Just saw people saying vintage players too, so Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith could work :think:

As for the NFL:

Antonio Brown

Justin Houston

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson
  • Upvote 1

Vikings Skin:

Xavier Rhodes and Anthony Barr--My defensive cornerstones

Main Banner:

Kam Chancellor and Rob Gronkowski

:Raiders: Bo Jackson / Charles Woodson

Sherman and Brady

Sherman's on the splash page.

Fred Jackson and Sammy Watkins. This is probably Fred's last year, but he will still be relevant as a Bill once he retires.

Fred Jackson and Sammy Watkins. This is probably Fred's last year, but he will still be relevant as a Bill once he retires.

Mario Williams, Jerry Hughes, Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams? :shrug:

Urlacher, Mike Brown

Watt and Gronk

Edited by monstersofthemidway
  • Upvote 1

This is the easiest question I've ever had to answer.

Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly for the Panthers.

For main, JJ Watt and Rob Gronkowski.

Edited by Thanatos19

Mario Williams, Jerry Hughes, Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams? :shrug:

Kyle Williams is probably retiring soon as well, and Jackson is more of a favorite. Dareus is a free agent after this season, and while I think a deal is getting done, its not guaranteed. Hughes is good, but not who I'd call the face of the Bills. Mario is great, but he doesn't have the history with the team that Jackson does.