oochymp

What's the worst fantasy scoring you've used?

I think it's pretty self-explanatory, if you had an entire system that was screwy go for it or, more likely, a single part of the scoring system, I always think it's interesting to hear about different scoring rules, even (maybe especially) if they don't work well

I was in one league a few years ago that did a point for every completion for QBs, it was insane, fortunately I had Drew Brees that year who throws 50 passes a game, so it worked out for me, but it was ridiculous

I was in a league years back where everything, no matter what the point-gaining stats was, was worth 1 point. 1 point for 10 yards, touchdowns, safeties, INTs, etc. I have no idea how it got set up like that but it was pretty stupid. Most of the games ended up looking like realistic football scores, 24-17, 30-21 etc, which was actually kinda neat, but the system was obviously very flawed.

Anybody know of fantasy scoring that doesn't reward garbage points? I lost twice last year on Kelvin Benjamin garbage time TDs when the Panthers were down 20+. Fucking joke.

Anybody know of fantasy scoring that doesn't reward garbage points? I lost twice last year on Kelvin Benjamin garbage time TDs when the Panthers were down 20+. Fucking joke.

Probably the only way around that would to be in a league that does all of their scoring on paper. You'd also have to get all of your members to agree on what the parameters are that constitute "garbage time."

Sounds like more of a headache when you could just...

1364274373802.gif

• Upvote 1

I've been in a league that valued return yards and return touchdowns. It was so high you had to draft a good returner early or you were toast.

I've been in a league that valued return yards and return touchdowns. It was so high you had to draft a good returner early or you were toast.

I'm in a league with return yardage, but it's not that bad, it's a point per 15 yards so it's not enough to make returners worth more than an occasional flex play unless they're also involved in the offense

First year I ran hockey, had it set for 1 point for every shift. :yao: I'm aware this is football.