Maverick

2015 TGP Survivor Pick Em

Fitting, the Raiders fuck it up for you. Can't trust these damn teams. You had a good run, man. Nice job. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Also let's take note for next year, with two strikes we're down to two on week 7

somebody needs to bump this next year as a reminder that we had our champion in week 10 and nobody made it past week 11, I'd be in favor of going to three strikes next year

I disagree. Week 2 was historically bad for survivor leagues. Better to have it end halfway through the season than have 4 winners at the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

I disagree. Week 2 was historically bad for survivor leagues. Better to have it end halfway through the season than have 4 winners at the end of the season.

Agreed. Two strikes is plenty.

but the end of the season, once you've picked all of the reliable teams, is more fun with this anyway, I think we could also make it interesting even if a lot of people make it all the way through with a creative tiebreaker, I'm thinking lowest combined record of teams picked?

I mean it's an intriguing idea but it's plenty tough as it is. We wouldn't have a tiebreaker because people would try to go bold and half the people would lose by week 4.

I mean it's an intriguing idea but it's plenty tough as it is. We wouldn't have a tiebreaker because people would try to go bold and half the people would lose by week 4.

:huh: I thought you were concerned about having "4 winners at the end of the season"

:huh: I thought you were concerned about having "4 winners at the end of the season"

I'm also concerned with trying to hit a tiebreaker with something as insignificant as combined records. :shrug:

• Upvote 1

I'm also concerned with trying to hit a tiebreaker with something as insignificant as combined records. :shrug:

I don't see that as entirely insignificant, it'd give the advantage to people who picked worse teams, which seems like something to encourage in this, it was also just one suggestion, I'm sure we could find other good tiebreakers, perhaps using point spreads?

anyway, I'd be really surprised if we had multiple people get to the end of the season even with three strikes, so it would probably be irrelevant