Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Democrats

19 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Joe Biden
    • Hilary Clinton
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Other

JD makes a fair point about Ron Paul vs. Sanders in the way they polled. Totally different election and they were running for different parties. I think the fact that Sanders is running in the Democratic party gives him a FAR better chance to win the nomination though. All those weekly church goers who are in the GOP are going to tote the party line, where as I think if younger people come out and vote they're more likely to buck the trends and reject the establishment candidate.

JD makes a fair point about Ron Paul vs. Sanders in the way they polled. Totally different election and they were running for different parties. I think the fact that Sanders is running in the Democratic party gives him a FAR better chance to win the nomination though. All those weekly church goers who are in the GOP are going to tote the party line, where as I think if younger people come out and vote they're more likely to buck the trends and reject the establishment candidate.

that's the problem, those weekly church goers (not all weekly church goers mind you, just the crazy ones that put social issues like gay marriage above all else) create the GOP party line

• Upvote 1

Yea. Annoyed at having conservative ideals and consistently have the party "hijacked" by religious nut jobs. Very frustrating.

• Upvote 2

So, if Biden runs (and I kinda hope he does at this point), I would consider voting for the following people:

1. Bernie Sanders

2. Joe Biden

3. Rand Paul

everyone else

Hilary Clinton

Donald Trump

Biden running decreases Hilary's chances. So I actually kinda hope he does, even though it means Bernie's chances pretty much end. I'm just as much anti-Hilary as I am pro-Bernie. Biden is a guy I can get behind anyway. His stances on major issues align with mine almost as much as Bernie's.

Guest Phailadelphia

I think the Dem ticket is going to be Clinton/Biden.

So if Biden doesn't run, who's in the first debate (in a few weeks)? Just Clinton and Sanders?

O'Malley and Chafee I believe. O'Malley bout to take the dems by storm :smug:

Your Sadford statline is more likely than that. :kobe:

Your Sadford statline is more likely than that. :kobe:

That's boldly generous to Sadford. :chip:

Edited by Chernobyl426

Bernie is starting to win over women and minorities. The only reason people think Hillary is a shoe-in is because these groups have identified with her in the past. Doesn't seem like that's necessarily the case any longer.

Bernie is starting to win over women and minorities. The only reason people think Hillary is a shoe-in is because these groups have identified with her in the past. Doesn't seem like that's necessarily the case any longer.

Yeah that and the media has told us she's a shoe in since what 07? There are obviously some very powerful people that want to see her in the oval office. At least it's encouraging to see that the American people have never bought into her bullshit.

Biden isn't running.

Let's go Bernie! Debate tonight.

Welp. Whos gonna be in this debate? Haven't heard too much of other candidates besides Bernie and Hilldawg

Martin O'Malley, Jim Webb, Lincoln Chafee

But yea, the spotlight is gonna be on Hillary and Bernie.

Martin O'Malley, Jim Webb, Lincoln Chafee

But yea, the spotlight is gonna be on Hillary and Bernie.

Hillary is going yo get exposed ha.

Guest Phailadelphia

An actual substantive debate. This is nice.

Webb & O'Malley are Republicans tho, but before the party went nuts.

Jim Webb is a moron. I don't want to see him ever again.

An actual substantive debate. This is nice.

Webb & O'Malley are Republicans tho, but before the party went nuts.

So is Hillary. She's been forced to be more liberal in reaction to Sanders lol.

I thought chaf was a repub not Marty. Marty killed it tonight :panic:

Guest Phailadelphia

Debating Hillary is basically like boxing Mayweather. She'll beat you into submission by knowing how to play the game better than you.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Zack_of_Steel+ : (13 October 2015 - 09:44 PM) Bernie has destroyed it logically, but Hillary is good at playing the game. O'Malley has tried his hardest, but he's still in third. Webb and Chafee are gonads.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

Zack_of_Steel+ : (13 October 2015 - 09:44 PM) Bernie has destroyed it logically, but Hillary is good at playing the game. O'Malley has tried his hardest, but he's still in third. Webb and Chafee are gonads.

O'Malley's closing argument was GREAT.

Bernie is just a hell of a guy. He might not win because he refuses to play the game in any shape or form, but he should be loved for it. He had every chance to attack Hillary, but he chose not to. In fact, he kinda put her over.

O'Malley kind of annoyed me at the beginning of the debate, but I warmed up to him as the debate went on. By the end I could connect with him a bit. Webb and Chafee are dunces though.

• Upvote 1