Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

Trump would likely crush Bernie if he took it seriously. Bernie supporters would honestly have to consider taking Donald over Hillary if he was thoroughly impressive at the debate as well.

Lmao. It's not hypocritical at all. I think you need to look up the meaning of the word.

This would be like if Bernie had challenged your Messiah Rand Paul, and then Paul had accepted the challenge, and then Bernie was all like, Naw I changed my mind.

Plus, Trump had 2 people donate 25 million to charity to watch this debate happen, after he named 10-15 million dollars as the figure needed, and now he's backing out. He's nothing but a spineless pussy as far as this goes.

hyp·o·crit·i·cal
ˌhipəˈkridək(ə)l/
adjective
  1. behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

No, Bernie didn't accept a debate from someone lower in the polls than him for political reasons. Paul would have annihilated him on the issues. It didn't make sense for Bernie, who was surging in polls to debate Paul for political reasons. Everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Instead, Bernie is sinking.. His relevancy is deflating and he is going to lose.. He needs to do something to gain, and debating Trump would be exactly that. It's the same reason Trump's people tell him not to do it after Trump speaks freely about wanting to debate Bernie in public.

It makes NO SENSE.

And Bernie moaning about it is weak sauce. It's the same reason Hillary, who accepted X number of debates with Bernie, cancelled the remaining debates on the docket. She has it LOCKED UP (again, barring jail time). There is literally 0 point to give Bernie Sanders ANY TIME.

Political insanity to give him a pulpit when he's already lost. Why give him the chance to gain momentum?

• Upvote 1

Trump would likely crush Bernie if he took it seriously. Bernie supporters would honestly have to consider taking Donald over Hillary if he was thoroughly impressive at the debate as well.

I don't agree, but there's you a reason for Trump to accept the debate politically. The best place to steal voters from Hillary is Bernie supporters.

hyp·o·crit·i·cal
ˌhipəˈkridək(ə)l/
adjective
  1. behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

No, Bernie didn't accept a debate from someone lower in the polls than him for political reasons. Paul would have annihilated him on the issues. It didn't make sense for Bernie, who was surging in polls to debate Paul for political reasons. Everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Instead, Bernie is sinking.. His relevancy is deflating and he is going to lose.. He needs to do something to gain, and debating Trump would be exactly that. It's the same reason Trump's people tell him not to do it after Trump speaks freely about wanting to debate Bernie in public.

It makes NO SENSE.

And Bernie moaning about it is weak sauce. It's the same reason Hillary, who accepted X number of debates with Bernie, cancelled the remaining debates on the docket. She has it LOCKED UP (again, barring jail time). There is literally 0 point to give Bernie Sanders ANY TIME.

Political insanity to give him a pulpit when he's already lost. Why give him the chance to gain momentum?

The two comparisons cannot be made because Bernie did not issue or accept any such debate first. Trump did.

You cannot call Bernie hypocritical when you are comparing apples and oranges basically.

And thinking about it, there might be a reason to accept it, assuming he can keep his mouth under control, and that is to try to win over Bernie supporters.

Edited by Thanatos

Both situations don't need to be identical in order for Bernie to be a hypocrite. Two situations being completely 100% identical is unlikely, to say the least.

A lesser opponent (Paul in scenario 1 / Sanders in scenario 2) want to debate an opponent higher in the polls and getting more attention (Sanders in scenario 1 / Trump in scenario 2) as a means to gain momentum in the election because of lagging numbers and polls.

And I am sorry, but you are completely wrong.

As it sits right now, 20% of reported Bernie supporters will be voting for Trump. That is ridiculously high, all things considered, less than half of that percentage of Hillary supporters would turn to Trump under the same circumstances.

And all of the polls have Trump putting up a fight against Clinton.... In those same polls, Sanders DESTROYS Trump.

It would be INSANELY MORONIC for Trump to debate Sanders. If that debate happens and Sanders beats up on Trump, as I think both you and I know he would.... It would be a nightmare scenario.

There is nothing to gain for Trump.

Nothing.

I agree there is nothing to gain from it for Trump. Bernie would kill him. The resident Trump supporters think otherwise, so I was simply saying that if Trump also thinks that is the case, perhaps that would be a reason.

You are leaving out a key component: the lesser opponent giving the challenge, or the greater opponent giving the challenge.

All Trump has to do is kill Bernie's policy points, particularly his economic plans. Trump has been character assassinated for a year. He won't be damaged by whatever Bernie brings. Bernie can slash at Trump's fucked up remarks all day but it won't touch him.

Trump has been character assassinating himself, you mean.

I generally stay out of politics...but do you really think Trump will be our next president?

Trump has been character assassinating himself, you mean.

Wow what a snarky comment. I can't contest. A true zinger.

Donald Trump is a literal ironborn, his character cannot be assassinated because what is dead may never die.

• Upvote 2

Donald Trump is a literal ironborn, his character cannot be assassinated because what is dead may never die.

But rises again, harder, and stronger.

I generally stay out of politics...but do you really think Trump will be our next president?

I'm beginning to think so, yes.

Hillary has too many skeletons in her closet. Sanders could beat him, but he's not gonna get the nod.

The only reason Hillary isn't rotting in jail for the rest of her pathetic life is because she probably has more friends in Federal Law Enforcement than I have friends period.

Hillary is incompetent as fuck. Even Trump haters would have to put her higher on the list than Trump. Secretary of State and doesn't use a fucking password on her shit. :yao:

m

Unfortunately, yeah.

It's looking more and more likely and it's going to be bad...really bad...and to say it's embarrassing is a massive understatement...

I said ''polls'' by accident, pal lmao. Mistakes happen. My point remains the same. You guys were freaking out about him struggling in the primaries which wasn't smart because it was only early March and now in early May he's already BURIED everyone else. There was never a doubt with Trump. You fucking fools actually thought that massive LOSER Ted Cruz had a shot. There's so much anti-Trump bias clouding your minds, it's fucked up.

You and all other Trump haters are so pathetic. 'You're a fucking idiot if you're legit happy that Trump is the nominee''. You hate a candidate, ok perfectly fine, but you can't act like it's a fucking sin for people to be happy about their guy being the nominee. Holy shit, you would think Trump is Hitler based on how Trump haters talk.

How shook will you guys truly be when Trump dominates in the general election? I really don't think you guys are ready for it. It's gonna be a bitch when you wake up on the morning of November 9th and reality sets in. First song I play when it's official...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYZf-lBF_U

It's the morning of November 9th... how's it feel, you fucking losers?

It's incredible how brainwashed so many of you are. Listening closely to the media which very much favored Hillary, putting so much stock into those ''polls'', forecasts, and thinking Nate Silver can do no wrong.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, a lot of you very much severely underestimated the support and momentum for Trump. Trump didn't win NJ, but the support I saw for him around this area got me thinking ''if he has this much support in an extremely blue state, imagine what the rest of the country is looking like''. I just thought it boded very well for his chances overall. Of course you idiots wanted to twist it around and make it seem like I thought he was going to win NJ LOL.

So many of you doubted and trashed Trump's chances from day 1 through last night. This is better than a Patriots SB victory. How's Trump's dick taste, losers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSmD5oAhTmo

What a truly great day to be alive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

This would have been a better video for how you feel:

:troll: