Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

It's a Hunger Games of candidates. Who's got your vote?

I honestly don't know.

I honestly don't know either.

Obviously everyone knows I was (and still am) a HUGE supporter of Rand Paul. I mean, to me.. he just makes too much sense when he speaks and outlines his policies to not like. But his catering to the religious zealots bugs me. His support of Kim Davis didn'r surprise me, but annoyed me. To be fair, he also mentioned just privatizing marriage, which I'd be more than okay with... But still. Eh.

Some of the other candidates have really made me listen more closely though... In no real order..

Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, and yes.. even Donald Trump have gotten my attention.

John Kasich also got my attention for a little while, but then I found out he loved himself some common core and I don't know if I can take him seriously anymore.

• Upvote 2

Rand Paul is the only Republican worth anything IMO.

• Upvote 2

I honestly don't know either.

Obviously everyone knows I was (and still am) a HUGE supporter of Rand Paul. I mean, to me.. he just makes too much sense when he speaks and outlines his policies to not like. But his catering to the religious zealots bugs me. His support of Kim Davis didn'r surprise me, but annoyed me. To be fair, he also mentioned just privatizing marriage, which I'd be more than okay with... But still. Eh.

Some of the other candidates have really made me listen more closely though... In no real order..

Ben Carson, Carly Fiorina, and yes.. even Donald Trump have gotten my attention.

John Kasich also got my attention for a little while, but then I found out he loved himself some common core and I don't know if I can take him seriously anymore.

As usual, F4E and I are on the same page politically.

I'm a Rand Paul guy, but he's 11th in the polls right now. I only included him as an option here out of personal bias. :p His message, sadly, isn't connecting with conservatives, and I expect him to be out of the race after a few primaries.

As for the realistic options, Jeb sucks, Trump is just an entertainment figure, and while Carson comes off a likable, he doesn't strike me as anything close to presidential. Zero foreign policy experience is a concern.

So I guess the only two I actually like are Rubio and Fiorinia. Fiorinia's lack of political experience makes her more of a VP candidate, though, so a Rubio/Fiorina ticket sounds good.

Marco Rubio is a total fucking moron :yao:

I used to like Rand Paul some because of his foreign policy, but he's just not consistent at all and he's already bending the knee to his donors, but like stevo said he has no chance.

I'd vote for Trump if I had to. All of these assholes imo would be terrible for the country but at least Trump would be funny.

Guest Phailadelphia

If I'm forced to vote for one of those candidates it'd probably be...Kasich?

Yeah and there's a good chance with that bullshit law they passed that 3rd party candidates don't make your ballot.

Carson also just said, paraphrasing here: Being "gay" is absolutely a choice, because people go into prisons straight and come out gay.

This person is a fucking disgrace to his profession and is a complete and utter loon.

Edited by Thanatos19

More entertainment at tonight's debate. :popcorn:

• Upvote 1

No thanks on John Kasich. He will destroy an already weak education system in the US.

• Upvote 1

I liked Carson due to me having literally 0 idea of who he is, but I guess I don't anymore. I guess I like Kaisch and Fiorina now.

The more Trump speaks the more baffled I become at how anyone could like him. He's made it evident he has less foreign policy expertise than a high school student, he's CLEARLY racist and his "business skills" are not any type that would translate to the executive office of the U.S.

Because we're not looking at the general pop. I think Donald Trump is proof positive that a really good chunk, of the GOP voting base is racist. I think most reasonable people already knew that though, hell even Republican's who are just for small government and not at all racist knew that. I mean just look at why people like him. His racism towards Latino's and the fact that he went on that crusade asking for Obama's birth certificate. That's pretty much his political calling card.

BUT it is fucking hilarious that he just owns the shit out of all those clowns up there on both debates and they have absolutely no answer for him.That might even be sadder than the fact that Trump seems to resonate with GOP voters so much despite obviously being a fucking moron who inherited a huge chunk of money and has had absolutely everything in life handed to him on a silver platter.

I DVR'd the debate and just watching it now... Very disappointed in some of the comments on Carson. Too bad. More comments later.

Rand Paul is the only one who isn't a loon but he isn't going to win. I honestly am considering un-registering as a Republican and going independent.

Paul has some terribly loony ideas, including an utterly idiotic and naive idea on how to let Internet companies compete with themselves.

He's out of touch with reality on several issues.

And sadly, yes, he still was the least loony one on the stage.

Yeah, Rand's flat tax idea is horrible and de-regulating business and corporations is incredibly dumb BUT I think Rand Paul would do his best to fight TPP and get rid of the Patriot Act, so if I had a choice between him and Hillary I would vote for Rand Paul.I'd just have to hope and pray to God that he wasn't able to get his financial and tax agenda through congress because it's truly awful. Lately idk what to think of him though. I mean I guess he has to play the game to get elected because he just doesn't have the persona and the charisma of Trump, but he just reminds of John McCain in '08 where it seemed like he went from being a decent politician to a puppet and a lap dog.

• Upvote 2

- I liked the opening statements by many. I was wondering which people would try bringing Reagan up (being that they are at his library). Rubio and Walker. Fail.

- I am glad Trump attacked Rand Paul, doubt he gets much air time tonight.

- Carly Fiorina has spoken twice now. She is making A LOT of sense... And then the third time she talks she wants to send more troops over seas so that "Putin will get the picture" .. EH.

- Ted Cruz acts like he wants to replace sarah mclachlan on those really sad commercials to feed African kids. So dramatic and the way he is speaking seems too slick, too polished, too rehearsed.

- Huckabee speaks for the first time and " Iran threatens all of Western Civ. All of the middle east ". EH. I don't support Iran, but come on. Now he's talking about Kim Davis. He's an idiot.

- Fiorina with a mean right hook on Iran and then Planned Parenthood in the same segment. AND AGAIN. The one-liner in response to Trump's comments on her appearance.

- Christie talking about finger printing people ... Lol. Go away Chris.

- Rubio talking about his Cuban grandfather who loved Reagan. Not necessary.

- Christie lambasting Fiorina and Trump for discussing their histories and careers. So.. when Christie references his own record as Governor.. what is that? Again. Shut up Chris.

- " Unlike Ms. Clinton I realize that flying is an activity, not an accomplishment. If you want to stump a democrat, ask them to name an accomplishment of Hillary Clinton. " -- Carly Fiorina

- Carson's response on Iraq to use Kennedy-esquee techniques are very intriguing. I like it. Be smart. Extreme shows of force with boots on the ground isn't always necessary.

- Chris Christie doesn't understand marijuana at all.

- Rubio, " You can pass all the laws you want, but the criminals will still break the law ". :yep:

- The last couple of questions were awesome. And the Jeb / Donald low five was pretty epic....

Overall, just trying to look at THIS debate... How I rank their performances and MY OPINIONS of the candidates. And keep in mind I didn't watch round 1.

Winners:
Trump, Paul, Carson, Fiorina, Bush

Losers:

Huckabee, Christie, Cruz

Indifferent:

Rubio, Kasich, Walker

Biggest Gain:
Carly Fiorina -- She's strong, committed, and made a huge splash, IMO. She should be a force moving forward in this election and I hope there is a spot for her somewhere, even if she can't seal the nomination.

Jeb Bush -- Again, these are just my personal takes from the debate and the debate alone... He kinda waffled on the Kim Davis thing, but other than that I came away more impressed by him than I figured I would be. Trump has attacked him before for being "low energy"... He brought energy tonight. He brought enthusiasm and looked like he actually wanted to be there and like he is actually fighting for something he wants. That fire, that desire... I like it.

Other Random Comments:

Rand Paul -- Still just makes the most logical sense, IMO. Honestly seems like the most consistent person on that stage to me. It's the Constitution, it's civil liberty it's states rights, it's stop getting involved overseas. It's the winning formula, IMO. I just wish he stood out more. He's allowing himself to be shuffled to the back.

Huckabee & Christie -- They need to drop out immediately. I don't want to see them anymore.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

I'll post more detailed thoughts later, but I felt that every candidate did a good job of communicating their campaign platform and their beliefs on the issues...except Ben Carson. Seriously. The lethargic way with which he speaks and stutters sometimes, I think he's a robot. And he was low on battery last night. No idea why he's been surging in the polls.