Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

Guest Phailadelphia

I'll post more detailed thoughts later, but I felt that every candidate did a good job of communicating their campaign platform and their beliefs on the issues...except Ben Carson. Seriously. The lethargic way with which he speaks and stutters sometimes, I think he's a robot. And he was low on battery last night. No idea why he's been surging in the polls.

He and Rand Paul had a legit chance to take a shot at Trump when he started his anti-vaccination nonsense but neither one stood up to him. Cowards.

If any other Democrat does, I guess I'm not voting this year.

O'Malley tho :wub:

Trump continued to Trump. He's gonna max out when people realize he's as big of a dimwit bigot as he really is. Attacking Rand for his appearance? Sure it's funny but it's childish as hell. Way to look like a bully on stage.

Carson may not be the most intelligent on a lot of things, but his demeanor is very relaxed and thoughtful. That alone will take him far. While guys like Christie flip the fuck out and demand boots on the ground, Carson plays it easy and says to determine when and how to use force. Brain over brawn. Carson seems like a very balanced option.

Scott Walker continues to zombie. Tried to fight Trump head to head and blew it. Facts? That was a catfight of "No you're lying."

Jeb finally showed up. Looked good when he attacked Donald. Especially the wife comment. Donald talking shit and Bush pulled him back to earth. "There she is right there. Apologize. Go ahead." Jeb gonna climb high.

Huckabee looks like a tard. War on Christianity? Come the fuck on.

Cruz looked like he was on a TV ad. Smooth but cheesy. Traditional GOP fans will love him.

Fiorina is the first person to actually smash Donald 1v1. Carson has avoided conflict. Rand has been embarrassed. Jeb until the wife thing had zero fire. Fiorina looks like an incredibly smart and prepared candidate. She's picking up a lot of speed.

Kasich is uber religious (not huck bad) and has shit education system. No thanks.

Christie. Hahahahahahaha. Are you fucking serious? 9/11! 9/11! 9/10 I got the job! 9/11 boom planes hit. Hugging victims! Let's invade Afghanistan. We need fingerprinting. The president sucks! Get off the stage holy shit.

Rand looked eh. He's the best option of them all, but he has a very thin support line. Only way to get in it was blow up Trump. Failed. He's done.

Rubio. Loved the inspiring story. Bartender and a maid as parents. Works his way towards becoming the president. He's gonna hang around.

Guess for how they stack up now.

1. Trump

2. Carson

3. Jeb

4. Fiorina

5. Rubio

6. Cruz

7. Walker

8. Kasich

9. Rand

10. Huck

11. Christie

Rand Paul is the only one who isn't a loon but he isn't going to win. I honestly am considering un-registering as a Republican and going independent.

fortunately Virginia doesn't make you register a party affiliation, I don't understand states that do

I mainly popped in here to share this article: It’s official: The Republican Party has lost its mind - The Washington Post

apparently 39% of Republican primary and caucus voters view Trump as the party's best shot at the presidency, if that's true then it's time for the Republican Party to die

• Upvote 1

It must suck to be republican. The only ones who makes any kind of sense on some issues are Rand Paul and John Kaisich and they're both BURRIED in the polls and got like no speaking time. The rest are complete and utter buffoons. Carly Fiorina comes from the corporate world and she was a failure there (yikes) and she clearly has no clue about foreign policy. She's just trying to overcompensate for her perception that people wouldn't think she'd be tough enough. This was a disaster lol.

I disagree about Fiorina. With the exception of her twin moronic positions of a war on drugs and more war needed in the international theatre, I think she has done extremely well the past few weeks.

• Upvote 2

Ted Cruz is so boring to listen to. Trump attacks people almost everytime he talks, his act is getting a bit old.

Fiorina is very well spoken, she probably won the debate yesterday.

Cruz is an example of a dramatic pause that is just a touch too long. It ends up sounding a little too dramatic and rehearsed, as many in this thread have pointed out.

It also doesn't help that Cruz is a fucking loon.

Trump gonna have us involved in a war in under a year if he wins.

Guest Phailadelphia

F4E, curious to hear why you consider Trump a winner of last nights debate. I thought it was a resounding loss for him. More so than any other candidate.

giphy.gif

That's the most aggressive five ever.

F4E, curious to hear why you consider Trump a winner of last nights debate. I thought it was a resounding loss for him. More so than any other candidate.

It's just about my personal thoughts on my perception of him from the debate alone. Absolutely he was getting beat up by the likes of Bush and Fiorina, and I wouldn't expect him to increase his lead in the polls. Quite the opposite, actually. I'd expect him to drop.

But I like his ambition and fire. And he brings out the best in the other candidates as well (good for us, not so good for him politically). Jeb Bush used Trump as a stage to improve his own standing. Fiorina, in part did the same thing. If that's how having Trump in the race is going to impact everyone else.. I hope he stays in it until the end.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Trump is nothing but a professional troll. No wonder Phil likes him so much, yeah?

The GOP electorate isn't really logical. Trump doesn't back down and I think as long as he's the most racist candidate in the race he will continue to be really, really popular with the republican base. These are the same people watching Fox News and sit there and nod their heads while news commentators call Trayvon Martin a thug.

I feel bad for Republicans who aren't racists and just want smaller government because their party is hijacked every election cycle by religious zealots and biggots.

• Upvote 1

I think Rand could do a lot more good if he stayed in the Senate. We need him in there to fight off the hawks who want to go to war with everybody.

I feel bad for Republicans who aren't racists and just want smaller government because their party is hijacked every election cycle by religious zealots and biggots.

Hey, that's me! :p

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/now-clear-warning-sign-donald-183749072.html

The poll, released Tuesday by Public Policy Polling, shows that Trump is still the front-runner in Iowa, the crucial first-caucus state. Trump captures 24% support among likely Republican voters in the state, compared to 17% who support retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson. Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina came in third place with 13% in the poll.

But the survey also shows that Trump is significantly weaker in a key metric: head-to-head matchups.

Trump would lose to Carson in a hypothetical matchup, garnering only 33% to Carson's 60%. Trump would also suffer defeats in the Hawkeye State to Fiorina, and US Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Florida). The only head-to-head matchup tested in which he would win came against former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, a Republican.

This is but one poll, but it confirms what many of us have suspected: as more candidates drop out, their supporters will shift their votes to candidates other than Trump.

Wooo hooo, Trump is going down....to a couple of fucking doofus losers. I'd rather have Trump to be perfectly honest with you. I don't know much about Kaisich, but Rand Paul is the only one of these people that wouldn't be a total disaster and he has no chance. This sucks. Carson looks like the strongest of the big 4 atm. Would be crazy to go from no black presidents to two in a row and unfortunately both would be absolutely terrible.

This is but one poll, but it confirms what many of us have suspected: as more candidates drop out, their supporters will shift their votes to candidates other than Trump.

confirms what we already know: Trump has nothing close to any support outside of his base, it would almost be amusing to see him in the general election head to head against whoever the Democrats end up nominating, it'd be the most lopsided vote since Reagan

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

The Goals Of Donald J. Trump’s Tax Plan

Too few Americans are working, too many jobs have been shipped overseas, and too many middle class families cannot make ends meet. This tax plan directly meets these challenges with four simple goals:

1. Tax relief for middle class Americans: In order to achieve the American dream, let people keep more money in their pockets and increase after-tax wages.
  2. Simplify the tax code to reduce the headaches Americans face in preparing their taxes and let everyone keep more of their money.
  3. Grow the American economy by discouraging corporate inversions, adding a huge number of new jobs, and making America globally competitive again.
  4. Doesn’t add to our debt and deficit, which are already too large.

The Trump Tax Plan Achieves These Goals

1. If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax. That removes nearly 75 million households – over 50% – from the income tax rolls. They get a new one page form to send the IRS saying, “I win,” those who would otherwise owe income taxes will save an average of nearly $1,000 each.
  2. All other Americans will get a simpler tax code with four brackets – 0%, 10%, 20% and 25% – instead of the current seven. This new tax code eliminates the marriage penalty and the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) while providing the lowest tax rate since before World War II.
  3. No business of any size, from a Fortune 500 to a mom and pop shop to a freelancer living job to job, will pay more than 15% of their business income in taxes. This lower rate makes corporate inversions unnecessary by making America’s tax rate one of the best in the world.
  4. No family will have to pay the death tax. You earned and saved that money for your family, not the government. You paid taxes on it when you earned it.

The Trump Tax Plan Is Revenue Neutral

The Trump tax cuts are fully paid for by:

1. Reducing or eliminating most deductions and loopholes available to the very rich.
  2. A one-time deemed repatriation of corporate cash held overseas at a significantly discounted 10% tax rate, followed by an end to the deferral of taxes on corporate income earned abroad.
  3. Reducing or eliminating corporate loopholes that cater to special interests, as well as deductions made unnecessary or redundant by the new lower tax rate on corporations and business income. We will also phase in a reasonable cap on the deductibility of business interest expenses.

DETAILS OF DONALD J. TRUMP’S TAX PLAN

America needs a bold, simple and achievable plan based on conservative economic principles. This plan does that with needed tax relief for all Americans, especially the working poor and middle class, pro-growth tax reform for all sizes of businesses, and fiscally responsible steps to ensure this plan does not add to our enormous debt and deficit.

This plan simplifies the tax code by taking nearly 50% of current filers off the income tax rolls entirely and reducing the number of tax brackets from seven to four for everyone else. This plan also reduces or eliminates loopholes used by the very rich and special interests made unnecessary or redundant by the new lower tax rates on individuals and companies.

The Trump Tax Plan: A Simpler Tax Code For All Americans

When the income tax was first introduced, just one percent of Americans had to pay it. It was never intended as a tax most Americans would pay. The Trump plan eliminates the income tax for over 73 million households. 42 million households that currently file complex forms to determine they don’t owe any income taxes will now file a one page form saving them time, stress, uncertainty and an average of $110 in preparation costs. Over 31 million households get the same simplification and keep on average nearly $1,000 of their hard-earned money.

For those Americans who will still pay the income tax, the tax rates will go from the current seven brackets to four simpler, fairer brackets that eliminate the marriage penalty and the AMT while providing the lowest tax rate since before World War II:

With this huge reduction in rates, many of the current exemptions and deductions will become unnecessary or redundant. Those within the 10% bracket will keep all or most of their current deductions. Those within the 20% bracket will keep more than half of their current deductions. Those within the 25% bracket will keep fewer deductions. Charitable giving and mortgage interest deductions will remain unchanged for all taxpayers.

Simplifying the tax code and cutting every American’s taxes will boost consumer spending, encourage savings and investment, and maximize economic growth.

Business Tax Reform To Encourage Jobs And Spur Economic Growth

Too many companies – from great American brands to innovative startups – are leaving America, either directly or through corporate inversions. The Democrats want to outlaw inversions, but that will never work. Companies leaving is not the disease, it is the symptom. Politicians in Washington have let America fall from the best corporate tax rate in the industrialized world in the 1980’s (thanks to Ronald Reagan) to the worst rate in the industrialized world. That is unacceptable. Under the Trump plan, America will compete with the world and win by cutting the corporate tax rate to 15%, taking our rate from one of the worst to one of the best.

This lower tax rate cannot be for big business alone; it needs to help the small businesses that are the true engine of our economy. Right now, freelancers, sole proprietors, unincorporated small businesses and pass-through entities are taxed at the high personal income tax rates. This treatment stifles small businesses. It also stifles tax reform because efforts to reduce loopholes and deductions available to the very rich and special interests end up hitting small businesses and job creators as well. The Trump plan addresses this challenge head on with a new business income tax rate within the personal income tax code that matches the 15% corporate tax rate to help these businesses, entrepreneurs and freelancers grow and prosper.

These lower rates will provide a tremendous stimulus for the economy – significant GDP growth, a huge number of new jobs and an increase in after-tax wages for workers.

The Trump Tax Plan Ends The Unfair Death Tax

The death tax punishes families for achieving the American dream. Therefore, the Trump plan eliminates the death tax.

The Trump Tax Plan Is Fiscally Responsible

The Trump tax cuts are fully paid for by:

1. Reducing or eliminating deductions and loopholes available to the very rich, starting by steepening the curve of the Personal Exemption Phaseout and the Pease Limitation on itemized deductions. The Trump plan also phases out the tax exemption on life insurance interest for high-income earners, ends the current tax treatment of carried interest for speculative partnerships that do not grow businesses or create jobs and are not risking their own capital, and reduces or eliminates other loopholes for the very rich and special interests. These reductions and eliminations will not harm the economy or hurt the middle class. Because the Trump plan introduces a new business income rate within the personal income tax code, they will not harm small businesses either.
  2. A one-time deemed repatriation of corporate cash held overseas at a significantly discounted 10% tax rate. Since we are making America’s corporate tax rate globally competitive, it is only fair that corporations help make that move fiscally responsible. U.S.-owned corporations have as much as $2.5 trillion in cash sitting overseas. Some companies have been leaving cash overseas as a tax maneuver. Under this plan, they can bring their cash home and put it to work in America while benefitting from the newly-lowered corporate tax rate that is globally competitive and no longer requires parking cash overseas. Other companies have cash overseas for specific business units or activities. They can leave that cash overseas, but they will still have to pay the one-time repatriation fee.
  3. An end to the deferral of taxes on corporate income earned abroad. Corporations will no longer be allowed to defer taxes on income earned abroad, but the foreign tax credit will remain in place because no company should face double taxation.
  4. Reducing or eliminating some corporate loopholes that cater to special interests, as well as deductions made unnecessary or redundant by the new lower tax rate on corporations and business income. We will also phase in a reasonable cap on the deductibility of business interest expenses.