oochymp

Fantasy Blunders

I do this thread every year and it's always fun, so come here and commiserate, who should you have started but didn't? who did you start instead that should have been on the bench? predictable or not, get it out there

I went 1-4 this week, so clearly some mistakes were made, two of the games I lost I lost by about 30, so those I wouldn't have been able to swing, but the other two:

in TGP ESPN I lost by two, I also started Eli Manning (7 points) over Sam Bradford (13) and apparently should have played Ryan Matthews (11 points) in my flex spot over Vincent Jackson (9) or Calvin Johnson (5) though my opponent (Squad Zilla, not sure who that is?) did leave Danny Woodhead and his 22 points on the bench, so I don't think I can really complain

also started Eli (8.52 points) over Philip Rivers (31.96) in another league and lost by four, though my opponent there didn't hit his optimal lineup either

If you can count not starting Austin Sefarian-Jenkins over Megatron as my flex, then that.

All of my other leagues that I lost in I wouldn't have won no matter who I started, so that's nice. I guess?

Edited by Vin

Sproles on the bench. Cost me 10 points and the W. Not sure what I was thinking.

I have Torrey Smith in all five of my leagues, go me, right? he was on my bench in all five :facepalm:

I sat big ben for MariGOATa. \o/

Same.

lmaoUs.

• Upvote 2

Should've started Sammy Watkins over Keenan Allen.

Should've started Sammy Watkins over Keenan Allen.

Yup. Sat him for Roddy White who scored a whopping ZERO points. And in my other money league started John Brown (4 points) over Allen Robinson (29 points).

I'm going to lose in all three leagues this week and I deserve to.

I have Torrey Smith in all five of my leagues, go me, right? he was on my bench in all five :facepalm:

so this week I decided to play Torrey in a couple of my leagues :disgust: to make it worse I had Steve Smith on my bench in one of them, played the wrong Smith :bag:

Should've started Cam over Stafford.

oh, and one of the leagues I plugged Torrey Smith in I played him over Mark Ingram :dry:

Started Phillip Rivers (9) over Andy Dalton (33). I was originally going to start Andy but let the talking heads talk me out of it.

I sat big ben for MariGOATa. \o/

Same.

lmaoUs.

Wow, I was in the same exact situation. Started Big Ben and had Mariota on the bench. When you're strategizing for matchups, you can't plan for unexpected injuries. Unfortunately, Ben getting hurt cost me the game = \

I've been sitting on Miami's defense way too long

also had Philip Rivers put up 34 points on my bench, but Eli Manning put up 25 as my starter and I'm winning that game anyway

also had Todd Gurley on my bench in a few leagues, but I kinda figured I'd end up leaving him there one week too long

and in the TGP ESPN league I left Vincent Jackson on my bench, but JD went off so I'd have lost that one anyway

turns out I should have started Eli Manning over Andy Dalton

also, apparently I should have started Shane Vereen over Amari Cooper in the Auction league

Edited by oochymp

Started Melvin Ingram instead of Shaq Barrett. Happened to lose my fantasy game by the difference.

Sat Jeremy Maclin (28.9) for James Jones (0). Lost because of the difference. Might cost me the playoffs in one league.

should have started Antonio Andrews over Todd Gurley, because of course that makes sense

Sat Jeremy Maclin (28.9) for James Jones (0). Lost because of the difference. Might cost me the playoffs in one league.

It did indeed cost me the playoffs, as on the final week I lost by 5.7 points, despite having the second highest point total in the league.