Dutch

Which player would you take from your opponents team?

I'm talking about guys who were raised in North Dakota, not players who went to Notre Dame. I should have spelled it out to avoid that obvious confusion lol. My bad.

Yeah I figured. It was a shitty play at sarcasm and taking a jab at your multiple team persona.

Yeah I figured. It was a shitty play at sarcasm and taking a jab at your multiple team persona.

I got it, because of this. :yep:

Let me reiterate something I 100% believe, though. The Titans should absolutely draft another high round QB to compete with Mariota. It's time for Marcus to show up and perform or pack up his locker. There is nothing even remotely special about him as an NFL QB at this point in time.

And take who? This year's draft class isn't exactly something to write home about. Baker Mayfield is the only QB I like skillwise but he has a lot of character issues and not sure if you would want. He just screams Manziel 2.0. Lamar Jackson is alright but I don't see him doing that well. Behind them? Josh Rosen? He's been alright but not that great. Josh Allen has really struggled this season and has fallen hard. Sam Darnold has been so up and down as well. Also think the QB draft classes are going to keep getting worse and worse with how the college game is played.The Titans' best bet right now is to keep Mariota and get a better offense around him.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

And take who? This year's draft class isn't exactly something to write home about. Baker Mayfield is the only QB I like skillwise but he has a lot of character issues and not sure if you would want. He just screams Manziel 2.0. Lamar Jackson is alright but I don't see him doing that well. Behind them? Josh Rosen? He's been alright but not that great. Josh Allen has really struggled this season and has fallen hard. Sam Darnold has been so up and down as well. Also think the QB draft classes are going to keep getting worse and worse with how the college game is played.The Titans' best bet right now is to keep Mariota and get a better offense around him.

Manziel was limited by multiple things, though, not just character. Dude had shit for an arm. Character issues or not, doesn't Mayfield have a hell of an arm? Also, I don't think being cocky and sometimes out of control on the field equates to character issues. He actually seems quite calm and calculated off of it. I've got no problem with the on-field antics. Aside from the "suck it" gesture, everything else he's done is good for college football. I'd also have no issue drafting Josh Allen late first round, early second round. I'm not the biggest fan of Darnold, but Rosen looks like the real deal, too. This is a good draft class. The last time we convinced ourselves the QB draft class was week (2016), we ended up with two guys who are already better than the anointed heirs of elite NFL QB status in Winston and Mariota, both of whom are significantly behind Goff/Wentz at this point.

Manziel was limited by multiple things, though, not just character. Dude had shit for an arm. Character issues or not, doesn't Mayfield have a hell of an arm? Also, I don't think being cocky and sometimes out of control on the field equates to character issues. He actually seems quite calm and calculated off of it. I've got no problem with the on-field antics. Aside from the "suck it" gesture, everything else he's done is good for college football. I'd also have no issue drafting Josh Allen late first round, early second round. I'm not the biggest fan of Darnold, but Rosen looks like the real deal, too. This is a good draft class. The last time we convinced ourselves the QB draft class was week (2016), we ended up with two guys who are already better than the anointed heirs of elite NFL QB status in Winston and Mariota, both of whom are significantly behind Goff/Wentz at this point.

Agree to disagree I suppose. I'm not that impressed from what I've seen. There was a lot of hype surrounding guys like Darnold, Allen, and Rosen this summer and all have struggled this season. Allen was supposed be the next great QB coming out of a smaller college, and hasn't delivered one bit. He had 2 good games this season, a lot of just mediocre game manager type of games, and some horrible games against bigger schools. I was at the game vs Colorado State and wasn't impressed at all. Maybe a good combine/pro day can change that. If Rosen went to the right team where he could sit on the bench for a season, learn to read defenses and cut down on the terrible turnovers (some of his interceptions are horrible) then I think he could succeed. Him and Mayfield are probably going to be picked in the first half of the 1st round. As of right now, the Titans are winning the division and will most likely end up in the playoffs. Thus I doubt they are in the running for either of them. Leaving Jackson, Darnold, and Allen. I don't see them being better than Mariota.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Agree to disagree I suppose. I'm not that impressed from what I've seen. There was a lot of hype surrounding guys like Darnold, Allen, and Rosen this summer and all have struggled this season. Allen was supposed be the next great QB coming out of a smaller college, and hasn't delivered one bit. He had 2 good games this season, a lot of just mediocre game manager type of games, and some horrible games against bigger schools. I was at the game vs Colorado State and wasn't impressed at all. Maybe a good combine/pro day can change that. If Rosen went to the right team where he could sit on the bench for a season, learn to read defenses and cut down on the terrible turnovers (some of his interceptions are horrible) then I think he could succeed. Him and Mayfield are probably going to be picked in the first half of the 1st round. As of right now, the Titans are winning the division and will most likely end up in the playoffs. Thus I doubt they are in the running for either of them. Leaving Jackson, Darnold, and Allen. I don't see them being better than Mariota.

Ya the QB class is underwhelming this year

Sam Darnold USC

Josh Rosen UCLA

Josh Allen Wyoming

Lamar Jackson Louisiville

Nick Fitzgerald Miss State

Baker Mayfield Oklahoma

Jarrett Stidham Auburn

Clayton Thornson Northwestern

Luke Faulk Washington State

Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State

Jake Browning Washington

Trace McSorely Penn State

Chase Littion Marshall

Thats most of the class if they all decide to declare

A lot of people thought the 2016 QB draft class was weak. Only time will tell. What Cherry said in the franchise QB thread is very true. Give these guys the right HC and who knows. What if one of the teams at the top of the draft manages to get Jim Harbaugh? I'd feel pretty good about Harbaugh having either Rosen or Darnold. Honestly all those high draft pick defenders in Cleveland, I think Harbaugh could turn even the Browns around with a franchise QB.

Not really. Mariota has underwhelmed these past two seasons. He's certainly not a franchise QB at this point, and while injuries played a factor early, he has flat out sucked this season. When will he take that next step? And I wasn't shit talking Goff. He's been impressive. All I said is his college experience didn't prepare him for the league because Cal ran an air raid offense with him. He's clearly stunted from that. That's not a criticism. It's an observation that happened because of something out of his control.

And it would not surprise me if Wentz takes a step back next season. One more year of film on him for professional defensive coaches and players? It's definitely a possibility.

The only slightly notable player from ND I've seen in my lifetime is freaking Jim Kliensasser. He was a stud in his own right but he played under the radar. Carson Wentz, on the other hand, appears to be a star. Let me enjoy it. I wish he was with the Vikings.

Box score scouting is for losers, BWare, which it appears is your only reference for Mariota's play.

I assume you just look at his INT numbers this year and think "yeah he's really regressed" without realizing that only 2.6% of his throws are turnover worthy(6th best in the league), yet 3.9% of his passes get picked, which just goes to show how unlucky he's been this year. You compare this to the two "young superstars" in Goff and Wentz this year whose numbers are 3.5% turnover worthy/1.5% picked off for Goff and 4.1% turnover worthy/1.5% picked off. You combine numbers like that for Mariota with a team that has the 2nd most rushing touchdowns and you're gonna end up with a wonky looking stat line.

As far as "taking the next step", why does there need to be a "next step" for Mariota? He's already one of the 10 or 11 best quarterbacks in football. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers-level QBs don't grow on trees. Mariota is good, and he's more than good enough to win with. He's a franchise QB, and trying to replace a player of his caliber because of the 0.001% chance you might get someone better is retarded.

Not to mention the offense Mariota plays in that routinely requires him to throw in to double and triple coverage because of stupid 2 man routes, much like he did on this play against the Colts. Anything less than a perfect pass on this play results in a negative play for the Titans:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/935294313172434950

• Upvote 2

Bware claiming Mariota sucks is hilarious.

Shows how little you watch teams other than yours, bud.

Bware claiming Mariota sucks is hilarious.

Shows how little you watch teams other than yours, bud.

Well to be fair he's already watching half the league. :troll:

Since I can't have Stafford any of their WR's. Slight edge to golden Tate maybe. I think we're better on defense every way, and are lying. They beat us in all the skill positions on offense except for running back my opinion.

You give Tate the edge? I love both of their games honestly but I just really love Marvin Jones. I really wish he was on Philly. He's such a hard nosed receiver. He blocks and he runs with purpose with the ball in his hands, runs good routes. Awesome WR.

Edited by seanbrock