DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NCAAF Discussion Thread

I almost dropped my phone when I saw the score; then I did drop my phone when I realized Utah put up 55 points before the 4th Quarter had even started.

This has a negative net effect for the B1G. MSU's close win over Oregon doesn't look as strong now, but Michigan's close loss @Utah looks a bit better. I think it's still a negative effect, though. Did Oregon lose Vernon Adams Jr.? Did he really make THAT much of a difference?

Ole Miss looked pretty pedestrian today.

It was just the perfect storm. Everything was a disaster, and Adams was a very small percentage of the actual problem. Oline couldn't hold blocks, receivers weren't getting open, QBs were missing them when they were open, and the defense is the same mess it's always been. I've said from the start that I have no faith in Adams and I still don't. but he's better then the alternative.

I was telling some Duck fans when we leaving the stadium that they should get ready for a good, not great season. The Ducks lost a lot of the talent that made them great last year, and while they have some good talent still on the squad, it's not easy when you aren't a recruiting powerhouse like OSU, Alabama.

It's simply not the Oregon of the last 5+ years.

This week features some good Top 25 games finally.

Florida vs Ole miss

ND vs Clemson

Georgia vs Alabama

If Coker doesn't step up his game this week the Crimson Tide title hopes could be over.

I'm curious to see Ole Miss. They looked pretty average against Vanderbilt, and Florida might be the best all-around defense they've played all year. I might be giving Florida's front seven too much credit, but if I'm not mistaken their secondary is still quite good?

I'm curious to see Ole Miss. They looked pretty average against Vanderbilt, and Florida might be the best all-around defense they've played all year. I might be giving Florida's front seven too much credit, but if I'm not mistaken their secondary is still quite good?

I'd like to give myself credit for this. :p

No, but seriously, all I've gotten from this season is that there isn't a single "best" team out there. Maybe, Utah, but I haven't seen them play outside of the Oregon game. Most of the Top 10 played like shit or beat the shit out of pretty bad teams (I'm looking at you, TCU). Baylor probably deserves some credit, considering they just took TTU to the woodshed after TTU almost upset TCU. Maybe Baylor jumps to #1 in the poll.

OSU continues to frustrate me. I almost want us to drop just so that we can stop fucking around. Did Devin Smith and Tom Herman make this much of a difference for our offense? Maybe, but the O-line is inexcusably bad. Jacoby Boren was an outstanding center down the stretch for us, and he's been pitiful with bad snaps this year (though some of the blame goes on Cardale). Maybe Cardale just lost his magic. It's baffling. I think Indiana could end up being a solid team, but this game was way too close. People determining the spread need to stop betting on our offense working, because I just don't see it happening any time soon.

FTR, and ATL might hate me for this, I don't think Bama should jump that far. Georgia didn't have anything but hype coming into the season and hadn't beaten anyone worthwhile this year. They were at #8 based on "potential" and name recognition alone. Alabama still had a very impressive win, but people need to pump the breaks here. The team that Bama lost to at home (read: the team Bama damn near almost got destroyed by at home, save for Ole Miss taking their foot off the pedal TWICE) got housed today by a Florida team that admittedly looks very strong. I could be totally wrong, and maybe Bama tears off for a win streak against good teams and Georgia ends up being a great win in hindsight. We won't know for a few weeks.

Maybe, just maybe, this year might be a week-by-week kind of thing. Or maybe, just maybe, the polls were very wrong to start the season and are still adjusting until we get a proper power structure. It sure as hell doesn't look like anything is set so far.

Edited by OSUViking

Zeke tho

IMO

1. Baylor

2. TCU

3. Ohio State

4. Michigan State

5. LSU

6. Clemson

7. Utah

8. Alabama

9. Florida

10. Texas A&M

(11. Northwestern)

Edited by Chernobyl426

IMO

1. Baylor

2. TCU

3. Ohio State

4. Michigan State

5. LSU

6. Clemson

7. Utah

8. Alabama

9. Florida

10. Texas A&M

(11. Northwestern)

I don't really know if TCU has played well enough to jump anyone. Baylor, in my opinion, has played consistently enough that they are a reasonable #1. But TCU? They barely beat a Minnesota team that is looking more and more like they're heading for a disappointing season (on top of having one of the worst starting QBs in the B1G :( ), struggled against TTU, and just beat a Texas team that honestly would probably a bottom feeder in every major conference right now.

Is TCU playing better than OSU right now? Eh, maybe. Their defense decided to show up against one of the worst teams they will play this year, but their offense has been way more efficient than OSU's. That is kind of a toss-up for me; one that I will probably favor for OSU. :p

Edited by OSUViking

Baylor shouldn't jump until November when they actually play real teams.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Baylor shouldn't jump until November when they actually play real teams.

Well, at the moment no one in the Top 4 has played anyone worthwhile. The best win collectively is Oregon, and that looks like a less impressive win in hindsight.

I think OSU, TCU, Baylor, and Baylor are the Top 3 teams. TCU is getting by on name recognition, OSU is getting by on potential, and MSU is getting by because no one else in the Top 15 has proven much of anything this year. Baylor has played the best out of each of them, despite not playing anyone good. They still have a common opponent in TTU with TCU who they obliterated despite almost beating TCU.

That Ole Miss game was like an act of God...so many fluky plays and random shit that is not typical of Bama.

Bama went into UGA and whooped the ever loving cum out of their vags. I really don't think it was that impressive because Mark Richt is a joke when it comes to big games, but I do think it says something about this team. Just not sure what.

My line of thinking to put TCU over OSU is mainly that TCU has had a tougher schedule. OSU nearly lost to a big ten team and a MAC team. TCU nearly to a big ten team and a big 12 team. I could see an argument for either team though. TCU has blown out teams in the games they were supposed to blow out though.

My line of thinking to put TCU over OSU is mainly that TCU has had a tougher schedule. OSU nearly lost to a big ten team and a MAC team. TCU nearly to a big ten team and a big 12 team. I could see an argument for either team though. TCU has blown out teams in the games they were supposed to blow out though.

Yeah, but Minnesota is looking more and more like it's going to be a pretty average team, if not just bad. It beat Colorado State, Kent State, and Ohio by three points each. From what I understand, TCU also struggled with Rice.

There's really no excuse for Ohio State's offensive struggles, but OSU's defense has played way better than TCU's so far. So, yeah I see where you're coming from. Teams are more likely to win these days with a great offense than a great defense.

That Ole Miss game was like an act of God...so many fluky plays and random shit that is not typical of Bama.

Bama went into UGA and whooped the ever loving cum out of their vags. I really don't think it was that impressive because Mark Richt is a joke when it comes to big games, but I do think it says something about this team. Just not sure what.

Ole Miss benefited from some fluke plays, but Bama also benefited from Ole Miss letting them back into the game on two occasions. Now, that being said, I don't recall many (if any) of Bama's turnovers being forced by spectacular plays by Ole Miss. So, I guess the jury's still kind of out on Bama. They looked efficient and angry against Georgia... but, it was a Georgia team that hadn't proved anything yet.

I don't like the precedent that has been set that beating a Top 10 team catapults the victor like ten spots. It happened last year for TCU when they beat an Oklahoma team that ended up being kind of bad, and it's happened twice this year. Bama and Ole Miss respectively will be better than last year's Oklahoma, but I just don't like teams jumping so far because of one win.

Okay this needs to be said. How the FUCK does MSU drop down but NOT OSU. We have struggled just as badly as they have and we have a better win. Fucking bullshit.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Okay this needs to be said. How the FUCK does MSU drop down but NOT OSU. We have struggled just as badly as they have and we have a better win. Fucking bullshit.

But mah defending champions!

#1 this rankings mean nothing. #2 your victory over Oregon is less impressive now that they suck.

#1 this rankings mean nothing. #2 your victory over Oregon is less impressive now that they suck.

Right cause NORTHERN ILLINOIS and INDIANA are such impressive victories we should give OSU the trophy now.

B1G looking competitive this year. Minnesota is a fucking QB away from being competitive in the conference. Seriously... I mean, our defense and Oline have been hindered by injuries, but that excuse only holds for so long. Leidner is terrible. Really hope that Demry Croft is as good as people are saying he is.

Such a good weekend of college football and I have to work... :mjtears: