Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Bears Reshuffling the Deck

:ooo: The prospect of Forte possibly being traded... It's stuff like this that makes the league so exciting. I love it. Seeing as though this is his last year and the Bears are blowing everything up, best to get value for him now instead of just losing him for nothing at the end of the season. Some interesting places for Forte...

:Giants: I don't see the Giants making a move like this but it would be a huge boost for that offense. Forte would definitely be a bail out option for Eli and would create match up problems having to guard Forte who is the best receiving threat at his position (him and Charles) along with OBJ and company.

:Cowboys: I hate that I'm realizing our division rivals could very much use Forte. While I don't see the Giants making this move, I most definitely can picture the Cowboys making this move. Giving Romo a receiving back oh his caliber would be lethal. Then Forte behind that line and having Dez wreaking havoc down the field, that offense would be really scary. I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry was all in on this.

:panthers: Any help on offense would greatly improve the Panthers. Not sure of their cap situation though.

I doubt Forte gets traded. If he does it'll be to a desperate team that's on the cusp of going deep into the playoffs and just needs one final piece. And they'd have to give the Bears a lot.

Still though he's gotta only have a couple of years left in him and you're trading for a guy who's gonna be UFA after the season. Idk who'd actually take that risk aside from, as I said, a really desperate team.

Panthers could handle Forte's contract. The issue is whether its worth the upgrade over Stewart, (ofc if Stewart's injury issues continue to happen, then maybe so). If we don't think we can get a WR from them, go for it.

I'd love a play for Alshon, but apparently he's off the market.

It's most definitely worth the upgrade. Jonathan Stewart has had a very underwhelming career considering what people expected him to do in the league. He hasn't done much to contribute to the Panthers and when he does, it's only in spurts. The Panthers haven't had a reliable RB since D Will when he was in his prime before his injuries started to happen. Forte would be huge for Carolina and would probably even catch more passes than Benjamin lol.

Edited by Dutch

I guess what I meant was, is it worth the upgrade considering the cap space he eats up which would then perhaps prevent us from trying to get a WR, which is a far weaker position.

I wondered why this thread was so long for a shit team...

Meanwhile, it's just a hopeful Panthers fan trying to swoo himself into a false hope for Forte.

Disappointing.

Not the one who started it and I don't know that it would be a good move, as I stated in the thread, which you apparently failed to read.

Nice try, fair weather fan.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

I wondered why this thread was so long for a shit team...

Meanwhile, it's just a hopeful Panthers fan trying to swoo himself into a false hope for Forte.

Disappointing.

you mean the shit team that beat "your" team. :lol:

• Upvote 1

you mean the shit team that beat "your" team. :lol:

Oaklanta :pls:

:mjlaugh: