oochymp

2015-2016 NHL Season

yea and gg. Colorado is trash at home lawl and actually decent on the road like a much worse Bruins team.

Caps v Panthers tonight got delayed because they didn't have paramedics on site, that's a new one for me

That was strange. Responding to an accident in the area.

I love these crafty goals

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

My Flames are slowly but steadily creeping back into contention and are one of the best teams to watch 3 on 3. Now that we've had our Jarome Iginla slow start out of the way I think there's a chance, albeit slim, to repeat our run to the playoffs next year. Of course that's because the Pacific (outside of the Kings) is GARBAGE this year but hey you gotta do what you gotta do.

In other news this may be my favorite gif of all time:
http://gfycat.com/UntimelyEsteemedCoral

Andreas Martinsen!!! Sets the tone with a huge hit and scores the game winner.

:smug:

Now of this team could only win games at home they'd be alright

well the refs tried to give this one to Ottawa, but we didn't let them, and I'm not exaggerating, first there was this:

is that a penalty? maybe, though I think it's just a hockey play, the the very least there's no way in hell it's a five minute or a game misconduct, which they called, Ottawa would get one goal on that extended power play to cut the score to 2-1, then when Ottawa pulled their goalie Ovi brought the puck into the offensive zone with an empty net and ran into a ref while weaving through defenders, possibly denying a clinching goal, fortunately the defense and Holtbeast stood tall and held on for the 2-1 win

Edited by oochymp

FRANCOIS BEAUCHEMIN. VARLY

2nd goal was lucky, yes. Don't care :happy:

hey, the NHL actually did something right:

NHL Rescinds Tom Wilson’s Match Penalty, Vacating Automatic Suspension

Tom Wilson has a reputation for hitting hard, and not always cleanly. Late in Wednesday’s game against the Senators, Wilson checked Ottawa forward Curtis Lazar. The hit looked vicious, with Lazar’s head whipping sideways as he fell to the ice. Wilson was given a 10 minute misconduct and a match penalty for intent to injure. The latter would have resulted in an automatic one-game suspension. Wilson insisted after the game that he made a legal hip check to remove a player from the puck, which is clear when looking at the slow motion replay of the hit.
“I understand that I’m kind of under the microscope,” Wilson said yesterday according to Katie Brown of NHL.com. “The game as a whole is under the microscope right now.”
In this case, the microscope worked in Wilson’s favor. According to the CSN’s Chuck Gormley, Wilson’s 1o minute misconduct and match penalty will be scrubbed by the NHL, allowing the 21-year-old bruiser to play Friday night at Verizon Center. The Capitals were expecting the league to make this move

boom 5 in a row

didn't see last night's game (because I was watching Star Wars) but just looked over the recap and damn, putting 7 up on the Rangers is impressive even if they are in a bit of a free fall right now, and chasing Lundquist out of the net is pretty awesome

Yeah, when you put up 7 on the Rangers, you're red hot.

yeah, it's a good thing DC sports teams never fade down the stretch after a hot start, oh wait, hopefully this team is the one to buck that trend

FIRST STAR – SEMYON VARLAMOV, G, COLORADO AVALANCHE

Varlamov went 3-0-0 with a 0.67 goals-against average, .981 save percentage and one shutout to help the Avalanche (17-16-1, 35 points) extend their winning streak to five games, their longest such run since March 25 – April 5, 2014 (6-0-0). He stopped all 29 shots he faced, including 20 over the final two periods, to earn his 19th career shutout in a 3-0 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks Dec. 15. Varlamov then allowed one goal in each of his next two starts, making 33 saves in a 2-1 win over the New York Islanders Dec. 17 and 39 saves in a 5-1 triumph over the Edmonton Oilers Dec. 19. The 27-year-old Samara, Russia, native has won six consecutive decisions, equaling a career high last achieved March 4-19, and boasts a 12-8-1 record in 22 total outings this season (2.45 GAA, .921 SV%, 1 SO).

Dutchy what a a goal, MacKinnon hat trick :rock:

yeah, it's a good thing DC sports teams never fade down the stretch after a hot start, oh wait, hopefully this team is the one to buck that trend

Yeah seriously, hope they aren't peaking too early.

Bay, your Avs gon go on a run and make the playoffs in the second half of the season? They aren't far off at all.

Edited by BJORN

Carey Price making an even stronger case to win the Hart again. :welp:

Yeah seriously, hope they aren't peaking too early.

Bay, your Avs gon go on a run and make the playoffs in the second half of the season? They aren't far off at all.

Not really confident at all.

I was gonna comment on it being weird for the road team to have so much imagery from the home city, but after a bit of googling I learned that Mike Condon (who will be wearing that helmet) grew up outside of Boston and it made a lot more sense

anyway, 9 game win streak is pretty awesome, and crazy to get a four goal third period after losing two centers in the second, Kuznetsov's still a beast if anyone was wondering

Edited by oochymp

Hate both Boston & MTL, still probably watch tomorrow but.... :sigh: