oochymp

2015-2016 NHL Season

James Reimer traded to the Sharks for Stalock, Ben Smith and a 4th rounder in 2018.

Stevo, I saw that live and it was even sweeter being against the Wild.

Panthers aren't fucking around. Not making huge splashes, not also not trading strong assets. Looking forward to finally crossing "Go see a playoff hockey game in person" off my bucket list. :towel:

Edited by SteVo

Caps place Laich on waivers...finally

And yet he's still playing today, apparently we might reassign him to Hershey if we need cap space at the deadline but there's no imminent plan to send him down

EDIT: and he played a very solid game, no clue how it showed on the statsheet, but he made a number of really good plays this afternoon

Edited by oochymp

Losing the Stadium Series game in that fashion --butal, just brutal

Caps are 0-2 in the past two weeks against teams named the Canadiens and Rangers with backup goaltenders. At home, to boot. :rog:

Do ya'll even have the balls to make it to the ECF? Never mind the SCF...

Edited by Piggly Wiggly

we've been playing really sloppy the last few weeks, which definitely needs to change, but there's no reason to panic at this point, there's still 20 games to get back to form, not to mention we had a backup in net as well in one of the two games you mentioned

and since you brought up the Habs and Rags, I'll point out that we're 3-2 against the Rangers this year (and if we play them in the playoffs it'll be a 7 game series like it always is) and 2-1 against the Canadiens (who probably aren't going to be in the playoffs anyway)

I thought the regular season was irrelevant...so why do those games matter all of a sudden?

Avs-Wild great race for the last playoff spot. :panic:

and since you brought up the Habs and Rags, I'll point out that we're 3-2 against the Rangers this year (and if we play them in the playoffs it'll be a 7 game series like it always is) and 2-1 against the Canadiens (who probably aren't going to be in the playoffs anyway)

3-2? So what? Caps were 3-1 through the first 4 games of the semifinals against the Rangers last year, and we all know how that series turned out. And not to mention, Caps went up 2-0 against the Rangers in the '13 playoffs and 3-1 against the Habs in the '10 playoffs, losing both series in the end.

I thought the regular season was irrelevant...so why do those games matter all of a sudden?

I was moreso just poking fun at the Caps for not being able to register a point against Antti Raanta and Mike Condon behind a really bad Canadiens team on home ice.

pussy loser Avs :mjlaugh:

pussy loser Avs :mjlaugh:

If they could play consistently for a full three periods, I'd probably shit my pants.

If they could play consistently for a full three periods, I'd probably shit my pants.

Don't think they will ever have a good defense.

That Canes-Bolts OT was fucking amazing

Edited by Bay

NHL wants to increase the draft age requirement to 19.

They can't do that or there'd be a year with no draft.

Well right now there's nothing set in stone, and it's still all talk. The NHLPA may go against that anyway.

Matt Duchene scores his 28th a new career high. :megusta:

Holty tied the Capitals franchise record for wins in a season at 41 (tieing himself from last year and Olie Kolzig of '99-00) seven more and he'll tie Brodeur's league record, he's also only the seventh goalie to post consecutive 40 win seasons and only the thirteenth with multiple 40 win seasons

Edited by oochymp

Hey Avalanche play more like that except don't allow 37 shots

I'd suggest starting around 1:20

Going to Flyers/Panthers tomorrow :towel:

• Upvote 1

I'm glad the left coast trip is done, now I might actually get to watch some games

Hey Avalanche play more like that except don't allow 37 shots

Or blow a 2-goal lead to the Winnipeg Jets who were winless (0-24-3?) when trailing after two periods. Excellent job there.

Fucking shootouts. :BangHead:

At least I got to see a good game, and the Flyers getting 3 out of 4 points on back-to-back games in Florida is big. Absolutely huge game Tuesday night against Detroit.

Oh, and can't wait to see playoff hockey in person in a month(ish).

• Upvote 1