oochymp

2015-2016 NHL Season

Congratulations on winning your 4th Cup Penguins. And great season Sharks. Hell of a run by them. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Can't remember a SCF that went 6 games but felt so one-sided. Sharks looked mediocre multiple times this series. Pretty sure the Lightning would have knocked them around too.

Anywho, congrats Penguins. I hate you, but this is a deserved title to be sure.

2012 SCF. DeBoer got punked again. :rog:

The clear cut best team won it all. It was easy to tell from the beginning that the Pens were a different animal this postseason.

Punk'd!? Lol not even close. This series felt way more one-sided than 2012. Without Jones this might have been a sweep; Brodeur didn't have to stand on his head like that in 2012.

Games 1 & 2 of that series could have gone either way, both going to OT if I remember correctly (or maybe just Game 1, too lazy to look up right now). I remember the Kings thrashing the Devils in Game 3 but the Devils dominating Game 4. Game 5 was tight, Devils ended up winning and the only reason Game 6 was such a blowout was that terrible penalty by Bernier. So Kings dominated two games (one thanks to a terrible penalty), Devils dominated one and three games that could have gone either way and were super even. But if that's how you want to remember it Pil...

Anyways, Penguins were absolutely the best team and they definitely deserve this Cup.