oochymp

2015-2016 NHL Season

12509109_10153320765321762_3280265226391

unfortunately I was playing a rec league soccer game so I didn't get to see #500 live, but #499 (from Saturday) is one that'll stick with me for a while:

I was also hoping Backstrom would get an assist on #500, but he assisted #501 so it's okay

now the race to 1000 points, he's a 934 so he should get there some time early next season

Edited by oochymp

Hey Greg... :smug: :smug: :smug:

If you guys beat the Preds tonight I won't be as mad :nope:

holy shit Kuznetsov is amazing

can't say it enough, disgusting goal today:

he also had a ridiculous assist to Tom Wilson that I can't find on youtube yet, here's a link to the NHL.com highlight: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2015020647-447-h

he's so good behind the net on the short side

Edited by oochymp

I remember when you said Kuzy may be better than Backstrom and I was a little hesitant to agree and now I can see why with stuff like that. Nick is still one of the best playmakers/passers this great game has.

I think Kuznetsov will have the edge based on his shot, Backstrom's never really developed a shot and he's never really needed to since he's played with Ovechkin his whole career, but the fact that Kuzy is just as lethal when he sends the puck toward the net creates another level to the deception that makes him so much harder to defend

Edited by oochymp

Calvin Pickard 1st NHL shutout! :clap:

I did not expect the Sabres to run Holtby off the ice...

Chris Bigras :rock:

I did not expect the Sabres to run Holtby off the ice...

yeah I have no idea what happened in that game, then yesterday Holtby pulled himself apparently because of dehydration, but we've now beaten the Rangers three straight times and we're the first team to 70 points :hifiver:

So guys, about that John Scott thing:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2016/1/16/10777618/john-scott-all-star-game-trade-coyotes-nhl-canadiens-wife-kids

This is incredibly fucking shitty of the NHL. They made a trade happen, sent him to the minors, which DQ'd him from the All-Star game, and now he's in the minor leagues, all over a joke.

So guys, about that John Scott thing:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2016/1/16/10777618/john-scott-all-star-game-trade-coyotes-nhl-canadiens-wife-kids

This is incredibly fucking shitty of the NHL. They made a trade happen, sent him to the minors, which DQ'd him from the All-Star game, and now he's in the minor leagues, all over a joke.

Beyond shitty after Scott talked so much about how much his family was looking forward to it and how that's the only reason he was going, and you know what? I bet a lot of people who didn't plan on watching the game actually would have watched with Scott playing just out of curiosity after all the attention he's gotten

Nate Guenin was put on waivers Lol. No one is claiming that loser so to the AHL you go!

Good win today. Varly loses another shutout late because that's what always happens to him

please Caps, don't slow down

2 goals for Backstrom and 4 assists for Kuzy tonight

Holtbeast hits 30 wins, there are only 21 goalies who have played in 30 games and only 18 who have started that many

the team is 18 points clear of the Rangers for the top of the division and five clear of Chicago for the President's Cup with three games in hand, that is insane

:ooo: Francois

:ooo: MacKinnon

:ooo: Varly

Edited by Bay

The Florida Panthers agreed to a long-term contract with a vital member of their young core Monday.

According to George Richards of the Miami Herald, the team came to terms with 20-year-old center Aleksander Barkov to a six-year contract extension worth $5.9 million per-year. The total comes out to $35.4 million total.

Barkov also thanked Kevin Spacey in a tweet about the deal.

https://twitter.com/Barkovsasha95/status/691763846600638465

:lol:

and see one loss and every other team is breathing down our necks. hate this

ready for the Caps to get back in action tonight, just in time for the All-Star break, between having two games postponed this weekend and the All-Star break tonight is our only game in a 13 day stretch, hopefully this doesn't cool our momentum, right now we're three points up in the President's Cup race despite playing seven fewer games than the second place team (Chicago)

Refs missed an obvious delay of game call on Neuvy, we should be 5 on 3 right now

And wet lose in OT, fucking garbage

Edited by oochymp

You mad, oochy? :kobe:

just irritated, but then I look at the standings :cigar:

also, Ovi's skipping the All-Star game with a lower body injury, that means he'll have to miss next Tuesday's game against Florida due to a weird NHL rule that I'm sure is there to keep players from skipping the All-Star game

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

Kuznetsov is replacing Ovi in the All-Star game :towel:

I'm wondering if Trotz will use the approach he's used in some of our 3-on-3's of running Kuzy out with two defensemen, I'm guessing not because of the roster composition (only three defensemen on the team) but something to watch for

Edited by oochymp

Well at the All-Star break I'm pretty happy with where the Devils are at (tied for the final wildcard spot and just four points out of second in the Metro division). We've had a lot of injuries this year (Cammy missed a lot of time and Elias has barely played at all) but a lot of guys have stepped up like Farnham and Blandisi.

It's going to be a cluster in the East these last 30+ games but I feel good that we can stick around with a goalie like Schneider and maybe sneak in the playoffs.

hahaha Kings

(They're winning the Stanley Cup, who am i kidding)

Edited by Bay