Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Oblivious Case of Greg Hardy

Now he’s back, and he’s talking. Unlike Ray Rice, though, he isn’t apologizing for his acts of domestic violence. No, he’s telling jokes that he thinks are funny. He’s talking about Tom Brady’s wife. And other wives. And he’s calling his time away from the game “the most awesome period of my life, man. I’m a Dallas Cowboy. Dream come true.”

If there’s one man in professional sports who should be contrite, it’s Hardy. Clearly, he doesn’t have it in him.

“I love seeing Tom Brady, he’s cool as crap,” Hardy said. “Have you seen his wife? I hope she comes to the game. I hope her sister comes to the game, all her friends come to the game. One of my favorite games of the year, guys.”

There was a follow-up question by local reporter Mike Fisher that mentioned that the significant other of Jacksonville quarterback Blake Bortles perhaps was attractive as well. (I actually remember the days when sports writers asked questions about games and strategy, not the physical appearance of players’ wives and girlfriends.)

“Is she?” Hardy asked. “This kind of information is important. That’s how I select my Pro Bowls.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/christinebrennan/2015/10/07/brennan-hardy-cowboys/73503702/

This guy is such a piece of shit. I wish he would just disappear off the face of the planet. I hope the Cowboys lose every game from here on out. It won't happen, but I can hope.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

I hope the Cowboys lose every game from here on out. It won't happen, but I can hope.

Welcome to the club. :smug:

Via Melissa Jacobs of SI.com, the first words to come from Jones after hearing that Hardy said he plans to come out “guns blazin'” on Sunday against the Patriots were, “Oh my goodness.” Jones then opted to point out that Hardy didn’t mean it literally.

“Well, you’re not allowed to have guns on the football field,” Jones said. “We all know that’s just a way of expressing yourself. I hope his guns are a-blazin’.”

Jones then was informed about Hardy’s comments regarding the wife of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

“Have you seen his wife? I hope she comes to the game,” Hardy said. “I hope her sister comes to the game, all her friends come to the game.”

“When I saw him marry [Gisele Bundchen], Tom went up in my eyes 100 percent,” Jones said. “She’s very very attractive and it shows what an outstanding individual Tom is.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/07/jerry-jones-reacts-to-greg-hardys-bizarre-comments-about-guns-blazin-and-tom-brady/

I think it's a bit obvious Hardy is just joking around and making light of things. :shifty:

Guest Phailadelphia

This dude does not get it. He'd be wise to speak with Vick about repairing his image.

• Upvote 1

the other bad part of his comments that doesn't seem to be getting much press:

Asked whether he had any remorse or regrets, he said, "I'm sorry I couldn't be here for my teammates. The worst feeling in the world is not being there for somebody you care about or somebody that needs you. That's what we need, a full team, and everybody pulling their load. And that's what I'm going to do when I come back."

Source: Greg Hardy of Dallas Cowboys says 'I don't look back' as he preps for return from suspension

somehow saying "the worst feeling in the world is not being there for somebody you care about or somebody that needs you" rings a bit more than hollow coming from a guy who's coming off a suspension for domestic abuse

Again, this guy was likely extorted by an individual who has extorted other wealthy men.

This isn't a "Greg's High School Sweetheart" kind of domestic abuse story where he undoubtedly legitimately did what he was accused of. This is a "nobody knows for sure" scenario, so he has no reason to apologize for anything other than being a distraction.

Nevertheless, his comments are in poor taste. Dude needs to replace his filter.

• Upvote 1

Nevertheless, his comments are in poor taste. Dude needs to replace his filter.

That we can agree on, and honestly if it weren't for the accusations I don't know that any of these comments would have really been out of line, but you have to know the circumstances and understand how your comments are going to be perceived. Regardless of the legitimacy of the accusations they're there and they're a part of the filter everyone will hear everything you say through, so you've gotta act accordingly.

• Upvote 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVrsGHs2MCk

I feel like people think Hardy is going to go out there and do this on Sunday.

Juses crust.

www.businessinsider.com/cowboys-greg-hardy-sidelines-rant-dez-bryant-2015-10

Video of Greg Hardys epic temper tantrum.

lolTurry still doesn't know how to post a URL.

http://dailysnark.com/unseen-footage-shows-greg-hardy-slapping-away-coachs-clipboard-argument/

Ya know...considering this is one of my team's players, I want to make sure I know all the facts before crucifying the man. People jump to conclusions way too quickly before they know the entire story. I've been able to do that - even with his comments before the Pats game - up to this point. I don't think I can defend him anymore.

You don't act that way towards a coach. It's disrespectful among a plethora of other adjectives you could use. I said above that I could defend Hardy's comments about Brady's wife and 'guns ablazin'. This asshole move of his made me rethink that too. He's a professional athlete. It's his job to understand the circumstances surrounding him. You can't make those comments considering everything you just went through. And if you don't have the self-awareness to think like that, your agent or PR advisor should be telling you not to say that.

It's tough when you're a fan of the team in this situation. He obviously adds a lot of talent but I still think he's a shitty person. If he was on any other team I'd be calling for his head.

It's also sad that Jerry keeps enabling him. I understand from a talent perspective, Jerry probably doesn't want to call out Hardy publicly. But do you really have to praise him over and over?

I mean, I know Dez has his own problems, but this is what goes down... Dwayne Harris runs that kick bakc... Hardy barges into the ST huddle and blasts off on people. He leaves the huddle, and Dez has a few choice words for him. Then after the game, Jerry is blowing smoke up Hardy's ass saying he is a leader of the team and he has earned that and that he was just motivating the guys.

What kind of message does that send to Dez and whatever he was trying to accomplish?

It's just a really bad look all around.

Thing is...

Hardy doesn't care about his image. He cares about money and playing football. That seems to be the vibe he gives off, IMO.

He doesn't care what people think, he's gonna do what he's gonna do as he sees fit.

Hardy mishandled that situation but something else fails on Dallas yet again when they have a chance to win a close game. If it wasn't going to be Cassel's interceptions, it was going to be something else. This team is set up to excel with Tony Romo and unravel without him.

lolTurry still doesn't know how to post a URL.

http://dailysnark.com/unseen-footage-shows-greg-hardy-slapping-away-coachs-clipboard-argument/

Ya know...considering this is one of my team's players, I want to make sure I know all the facts before crucifying the man. People jump to conclusions way too quickly before they know the entire story. I've been able to do that - even with his comments before the Pats game - up to this point. I don't think I can defend him anymore.

You don't act that way towards a coach. It's disrespectful among a plethora of other adjectives you could use. I said above that I could defend Hardy's comments about Brady's wife and 'guns ablazin'. This asshole move of his made me rethink that too. He's a professional athlete. It's his job to understand the circumstances surrounding him. You can't make those comments considering everything you just went through. And if you don't have the self-awareness to think like that, your agent or PR advisor should be telling you not to say that.

It's tough when you're a fan of the team in this situation. He obviously adds a lot of talent but I still think he's a shitty person. If he was on any other team I'd be calling for his head.

Um, Greg Hardy wears #76. Isn't that guy wearing 78?

This is getting blown way out of proportion. What Greg Hardy did was akin to jaywalking. I don't like the way he handled the situation either but I also don't really care that a special teams coach got called out in front of everybody when one of his units gave a great returner a four lane freeway to the endzone. Aside from that, it's not like Dez Bryant is the person you want calming anybody down. His "passion" likely escalated the situation.

I understand that people are mad and many think that Greg Hardy is guilty without even a semblance of doubt but you can't allow that to turn a mole hill into a mountain. Dallas is downplaying this because it really isn't that big of a deal.

Um, Greg Hardy wears #76. Isn't that guy wearing 78?

You can tell like two seconds in when he turns there's a white line that cuts through the middle of the second number.

As you can see from the picture on the link I posted, the top hook in the '6' in Dallas' font hangs down pretty low. In a low quality video as such, I can see how it could be mistaken for an 8.

Edited by Maverick

Players screaming at coaches on camera, during a game is NOT akin to jaywalking lol. Obviously some of the players weren't cool with it. Greg Hardy has been with this team less than a year and was suspended most of that time for being a piece of shit. Greg Hardy, as talented as he is will probably end up getting cut down the road.

Players screaming at coaches on camera, during a game is NOT akin to jaywalking lol. Obviously some of the players weren't cool with it. Greg Hardy has been with this team less than a year and was suspended most of that time for being a piece of shit. Greg Hardy, as talented as he is will probably end up getting cut down the road.

More importantly he got right up in Bissacia's face and made contact with him.

Have to give Dallas credit though because they protected themselves with the deal they signed Hardy to. A guy with that kind of talent is hard to not to take a flier on.

Except now there is word they want to sign him to an extension, lol.

http://deadspin.com/heres-close-up-video-of-greg-hardys-sideline-blow-up-1738781849

Close up video of the altercation. Sound is really low, but is he just screaming, "Help Me!" over and over? That's motivation and being a leader? Lol... I guess everyone responds to things differently, but...

Cowboys RE Greg Hardy was late to morning meetings last Thursday.

The Cowboys once again chose not to hold Hardy accountable for his behavior, playing him 60-of-71 snaps against the Bucs. Playing on a one-year deal, Hardy will almost certainly be back with the Cowboys in 2016. His reputation is toxic elsewhere, but owner Jerry Jones seems comfortable with the bed he's made.