Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Romo has lost his mind

He clearly means from the stands. >_> The Patriots missing the super bowl would be a choke of epic proportions at this point.

I don't think Matt Cassel keeps them afloat enough to make this possible, but aside from Green Bay, which team looks better than Dallas when healthy in the NFC? Arizona's defense is incredibly overrated. No matter how good Cam Newton is, he's not better than Tony Romo and Tony Romo's supporting cast is significantly better. Atlanta is the biggest threat to GB so long as Ryan is healthy, and he's yet to miss any significant time in his career. NYG still has a questionable OL and defense. Dallas is built to rush the passer, now, and if Hardy, Gregory, and Lawrence can stay healthy from here on out, Dallas will be in games regardless of who's at QB.

I don't trust either backup to keep them in the picture, but if they do Dallas has a real chance to sneak into the playoffs and wreak havoc.

You heard it here, first. Either Atlanta or Dallas will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

• Downvote 2

Dallas would need to stop choking if they want to be considered good when healthy. Otherwise you're just making excuses. If Dallas does make it in as a back door team... which honestly is still possible, there isn't exactly anyone breaking out in that garbage heap called the NFC East, then they have as good a shot as anyone, balls bounce in mysterious ways. I'd hesitate to call them better than the Panthers at this point, and the Cardinals and Seahawks at their best are probably better than the Cowboys at theirs.

Because of injuries in the first game, no one can truly give an accurate assessment of the Cowboys at the moment. They lose Murray in the offseason and Dez gets hurt in the first game :shrug:. Then Tony gets hurt afterwards. At this point, we have no accurate gauge to judge the Cowboys because they haven't been on field at the same time; Romo with Dez and their new running back by committee.

I don't think Matt Cassel keeps them afloat enough to make this possible, but aside from Green Bay, which team looks better than Dallas when healthy in the NFC? Arizona's defense is incredibly overrated. No matter how good Cam Newton is, he's not better than Tony Romo and Tony Romo's supporting cast is significantly better. Atlanta is the biggest threat to GB so long as Ryan is healthy, and he's yet to miss any significant time in his career. NYG still has a questionable OL and defense. Dallas is built to rush the passer, now, and if Hardy, Gregory, and Lawrence can stay healthy from here on out, Dallas will be in games regardless of who's at QB.

I don't trust either backup to keep them in the picture, but if they do Dallas has a real chance to sneak into the playoffs and wreak havoc.

You heard it here, first. Either Atlanta or Dallas will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Newton is closer to Tony Romo than he has ever been. I might even put him ahead. He's finally taken that step that puts him over the top this season. However, the Cowboys have a far better offense in terms of weapons, but their running game has been a bit lackluster and Carolina's defense is going to improve from here on out with Kuechly back. I think assuming Dallas is going to be able to go on the road and take down Green Bay in Lambeau and then Carolina or Arizona on the road as well is a *large* assumption. Carolina knows Hardy like no other team. They can likely neutralize him more effectively than anyone else. We'll certainly have a prelimary answer come Thanksgiving as Romo should be back and it will be Carolina @ Dallas.

I could see a full-strength Dallas squad taking out the Panthers. They have a great all around ballclub. But it would be an upset at this point. What I really have an issue with is...

Atlanta? You like Atlanta over Carolina too? Pff. Never any respect. The Falcons, Bware, really?

Carolina is the second best team in the NFC and is the biggest challenge to A-Rod and the Pack. Why? Have you seen Matt Ryan this year? I'd need both hands to count how many interceptions have been dropped against the Falcons. Their defense is ranked third to last in the league against the pass. The PASS. Aaron Rodgers would torch the Falcons secondary.

Atlanta can't even beat the Saints for crying out loud.

OT, though, I do not have a problem with Romo's statement. I like confidence. Be confident in your team that they can hold on till you get back.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Newton is not better than Romo. I'm a fan of Cam's. I think gets too much hate on here and I HATE Tony Romo and the Cowboys, but he's not better than Romo.

Dallas can definitely make noise in the playoffs if they get in. From what I saw of Randy Gregory in his limited time this year he's a terror and much to my chagrin, Greg Hardy looks to be every bit as dominant as he was in Carolina. Once Romo comes back Dallas run game will get better.

At this point even if the Eagles or Giants beat them out in the NFCE, the NFC is so mediocre they could sneak in the WC at like 8-8 or even maybe 7-9.

• Upvote 2

Dallas' success leading up to Romo's return hinges on three things.

1. Matt Cassel has to balance being careful and making NFL throws. If he does that, he will throw 2ish TDs a game and give the offense at least some level of explosiveness.

2. If Hardy, Gregory, Lawrence, Lee, and Claiborne all stay healthy, this defense will be OK until then.

3. Either Christine Michael or Joseph Randle has to show that they can be effective throughout the game. I personally think Dallas just flat out went away from Randle after a few ineffective runs in recent weeks. Just give the kid the fucking ball. He'll produce.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Dallas' success leading up to Romo's return hinges on three things.

1. Matt Cassel has to balance being careful and making NFL throws. If he does that, he will throw 2ish TDs a game and give the offense at least some level of explosiveness.

2. If Hardy, Gregory, Lawrence, Lee, and Claiborne all stay healthy, this defense will be OK until then.

3. Either Christine Michael or Joseph Randle has to show that they can be effective throughout the game. I personally think Dallas just flat out went away from Randle after a few ineffective runs in recent weeks. Just give the kid the fucking ball. He'll produce.

Cassel is a game manager with a weak arm. He's like Alex Smith but way less mobile. Dallas's offense will be bad unless they can be dominant in the run game.

Cassel is a game manager with a weak arm. He's like Alex Smith but way less mobile. Dallas's offense will be bad unless they can be dominant in the run game.

His arm isn't Christian Ponder or Chad Pennington week. I'm not worried about it.