Cherry

Cherry's 2015-2016 Player Analysis Thread

Let me know who you guys want scouted :yep: I'm down to watch any player.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on DeAndre Houston-Carson

Having some insane fucking technical issues with the website I use for film, so I won't be able to give full breakdowns, just briefs on guys.

Emmanuel Ogbah seems like a bit of a tweener to me. He's listed at 6'5" and 275 pounds, but he doesn't play like he's 275. He plays like a slow 290, but without the same strength of a guy that big. He lined up at DE and got pushed off with ease. He lined up at OLB and wasn't fast enough to make it past his guy. Just in general he doesn't fit into any position. Add that to the fact he was getting thrown around by mediocre talent from what I saw, he just isn't that valuable. He also has an issue with giving up on plays and letting it pass him by. He's a fourth at best, in my opinion.

4th round

DeAndre Houston-Carson looks like the type of safety I'd love to have on a defense. I had the exact same feelings about Kenny Ladler (and we saw how that panned out), but I think Houston-Carson is a very intelligent and versatile guy. He's a very solid tackler, even if he seems a tad undersized at times. He's not going to make huge plays on defense or jump routes, but he analyzes the play well, and does his assignment to perfection. I think he'll latch on as a special teams guy and work his way into a starting role after a couple years. He's definitely the type of player who busts his ass on special teams and does his best regardless of where he's lining up. I'd personally be willing to spend at late second on him, but I think most teams will avoid him until around the middle of the third.

Mid-3rd round

A couple guys that I'd like your opinion of:

A'Shawn Robinson DT Bama

Reggie Ragland LB Bama

Kendall Fuller CB VT

Ryan Kelly C Bama

These are guys that I've seen play and in general have a good impression of. Also: have you come across anyone you think is an absolute bust but is being ranked highly?

BJORN, thoughts? (Corey Coleman)

In general I would agree. I think Coleman will shoot up draft boards after the combine. I think the biggest problem with Coleman is his route running as Chern pointed out.

A couple guys that I'd like your opinion of:

A'Shawn Robinson DT Bama

Reggie Ragland LB Bama

Kendall Fuller CB VT

Ryan Kelly C Bama

These are guys that I've seen play and in general have a good impression of. Also: have you come across anyone you think is an absolute bust but is being ranked highly?

In general I would agree. I think Coleman will shoot up draft boards after the combine. I think the biggest problem with Coleman is his route running as Chern pointed out.

I haven't watched Ragland or Kelly yet, but I'll watch a game of each to get general impressions here in a few minutes.

A'Shawn Robinson was an absolute monster IMO. He wasn't the greatest pass-rusher but did a very good job pushing his blockers back and putting pressure on the interior of the line. He stuffs the inside runs very well and can pull off blocks to make tackles. There isn't really anything that he does poorly, but he isn't as explosive as a guy like Nkemdiche. He's currently #6 on my board.

Fuller... Oh god. I absolutely hated Fuller. It was atrocious to watch. He's a below average tackler, from what I remember, and couldn't cover more than two seconds after the play had started. He put good pressure on the guy on the release and did an okay job jamming at the line, but after that he was always a solid five or so steps behind and couldn't keep up. I saw Michael Thomas absolutely demolish him on deep routes and Fuller struggled to adjust all night. It seemed like Thomas was open every single play. I have a 6th round grade on him right now, and that's after I followed the "three games" rule.

• Upvote 1