Sign in to follow this  
Mentch

Are the Jaguars the Lions of the 2010s?

6 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Jaguars be the worst team of the 2010s decade?

The Lions were 9-7 in 2000 and only missed out on the playoffs because of a last second loss to the Bears on a 55 yard field goal. They were then 33-111 for the rest of the decade, including the 0-16 season in 2008. Their total for the 2000s is 42-118. They were the worst team of the 2000s decade

The Jags were 8-8 in 2010 and missed out on the playoffs because of a 3 game losing streak to end the season. They have been 15-55 since then, bringing their total of the 2010s so far to 23-63. No other franchise has come close to matching the ineptitude of the Jaguars up to this point in time, and it's hard to see it getting better. They look like they will be the worst team of the decade by a pretty substantial margin

• Upvote 2

I gotta know the other close teams' records to vote yes or no. Even though their record is still bad, I do honestly believe they actually have some good talent this time at some key spots and if Bortles pans out and keeps improving year to year like he did this year then they could possibly climb out the cellar but I can't say without knowing the other teams' records and how big of a hole it really is. Their young offensive core is already doing things rarely done by QB/WR tandems.

So it's possible they don't end up there there's still half a decade to go, if you could post the other teams records? I've been trying to find some info but I'm not finding anything yet.

Since 2010, including this season, teams that haven't made the playoffs, and Washington:

Miami 39-47

Buffalo 34-53
St. Louis 32-53-1

Tennessee 31-55
Washington 31-56
Oakland 30-56
Tampa 29-57
Cleveland 27-60
Jacksonville 22-63

• Upvote 2

Of those close to the bottom: Oakland, Tampa and Jacksonville might of possibly found QBs. Cleveland? They got a stop-gap at the moment. But Cleveland always seems to get close to .500 no matter thier QB situation. Hard to call. I can't fully trust the Jags improvement because I'm not sure they've got the right coach so it's very possible I guess. If they can put together some semblance of a defense to go along with their potentially good young offensive core they should be able to become respectable. But it does go to show you just how bad the franchise has been near the end of Weaver's ownership where he basically got the fuck outta dodge and transitioning into Khan's.