Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2015 NBA Season Thread!

I am extremely unexcited for this. I don't know why. Last season's championship involved two teams who hadn't won it in years or in Cleveland's case, haven't won it. It was great. You'd think I'd be thrilled.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I just saw this on ESPN:

There are eight active players that have won an MVP award in their career (Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Derrick Rose, Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett). According to Elias, that's the most for any season in NBA history, breaking last year's record of 7.

got me wondering what the corresponding numbers are in other leagues

NFL right now has four (Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Peterson)

NHL right now has eight (Price, Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Perry, Henrik Sedin, Thornton, and Jagr)

MLB is a bit bloated since they give two per year, but this season they had nine active players that had won AL MVP (Suzuki, A-Rod, Morneau, Pedroia, Mauer, Hamilton, Verlander, Caberera, and Trout) and eight that had won NL MVP (Pujols, Howard, Rollins, Votto, Braun, Posey, McCutchen, and Kershaw)

not sure of any of those leagues' historical numbers (not as easy to look up on Wikipedia) but I found it interesting

Guest Phailadelphia

CAN'T WAIT

I will do anything to see a healthy OKC team in the playoffs. Their season has been derailed by injuries for 4 consecutive years now.

Nobody cares about the Pistons, brother.

OBAMA IS IN ATTENDANCE FOR THE BULLS AND THEIR FLAWLESS VICTORY TONIGHT

• Upvote 1

CAN'T WAIT

I will do anything to see a healthy OKC team in the playoffs. Their season has been derailed by injuries for 4 consecutive years now.

:yep:

50 wins for the Cs is attainable imo.

Smart / Isaiah Thomas / Rozier

Bradley / Turner / RJ Hunter

Crowder /Jerebko

David Lee / Olynyk

Zeller / Sully / Amir Johnson

head coach: Brad fucking Stevens the legend

that team is so sexy. and a really likeable group if you're a fan of the NBA, imo. How can you hate that team? There's no superstars or primadonnas, just a bunch of really solid players players who work their asses off. Our bigs all provide really good spacing because they can shoot, and Brad has this team play a really exciting style.

Marcus Smart looks really promising, only preseason but it looks like hes taken another step. He's the guy we hang our hat on to become our next all-star/leader of this team. I think he's gonna be a fan favorite by the hard core nba fans pretty soon. No one plays D as hard as this guy.

Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder are also great 2 way players. Jae Crowder is a baller, I am still surprised Dallas gave him up in the Rondo trade.

Zeller and Olynyk are kind of soft and don't protect the rim like at all but they can shoot, as can Sully and Lee so we're a tough group to play against. Everyone on our team can shoot, and we play good perimeter defense. The big weakness is rim protection, it is non existent on this team lol.

Edited by BradyFan81

Pistons over .500 for the first time since the 09-10 season, DMac. :smug:

• Upvote 1

Pistons over .500 for the first time since the 09-10 season, DMac. :smug:

nicely done cherry. :not bad:

Wonder if Mirotic will have a better season than KLove.... :think:

• Upvote 1

Wonder if Mirotic will have a better season than KLove.... :think:

Probably not as a rebounder, but quite possibly shooting. Love is a pretty good passed too.

50 wins for the Cs is attainable imo.

Smart / Isaiah Thomas / Rozier

Bradley / Turner / RJ Hunter

Crowder /Jerebko

David Lee / Olynyk

Zeller / Sully / Amir Johnson

head coach: Brad fucking Stevens the legend

that team is so sexy. and a really likeable group if you're a fan of the NBA, imo. How can you hate that team? There's no superstars or primadonnas, just a bunch of really solid players players who work their asses off. Our bigs all provide really good spacing because they can shoot, and Brad has this team play a really exciting style.

Marcus Smart looks really promising, only preseason but it looks like hes taken another step. He's the guy we hang our hat on to become our next all-star/leader of this team. I think he's gonna be a fan favorite by the hard core nba fans pretty soon. No one plays D as hard as this guy.

Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder are also great 2 way players. Jae Crowder is a baller, I am still surprised Dallas gave him up in the Rondo trade.

Zeller and Olynyk are kind of soft and don't protect the rim like at all but they can shoot, as can Sully and Lee so we're a tough group to play against. Everyone on our team can shoot, and we play good perimeter defense. The big weakness is rim protection, it is non existent on this team lol.

Amir Johnson should be starting.

Guest Phailadelphia

Yall, the Thunder ran a pick & roll against whoever Tony Parker was defending every play in the 4th quarter and ran lots of real out-of-timeout plays. OKC finally has a coaching staff and it feels so gooooood.

I went to the opening night against Cleveland man that was the most fun I've had at a Bulls game ever. Ofc Cavs were without Kyrie and we were without Dunleavy so it wasn't totally full strength but still very fun matchup. Both teams played well, yet fucked up at times to keep each other in the game. Great defensive sequence at the end to win it.

And we beat Brooklyn tonight when I was driving back home. 2-0 start. We're on the way to beating our 72-10 record. :smug:

Really excited with how Hoiberg's got our guys playing so far. We're splitting up minutes evenly and guys who got no time under Thibs are getting time on the court and actually looking good. Tony was huge for us last night and Doug McDermott wasn't bad in his ~10 mins either. E'Twaun Moore putting in good time, why the fuck did Thibs not use these guys more last year? I mean Doug kinda sucked last year but Tony and Moore were good in the time given. But no, let's give that time to Kirk Hinrich instead. /rant

That being said Kirk has gotten 4 mins through two games so that's a huge step away from Thibs lmao.

Nice start to the season. I expected (and still do expect) some struggles as the boys adapt into Hoiberg's new system but I'm hoping that the result is a title contender.

Probably not as a rebounder, but quite possibly shooting. Love is a pretty good passed too.

Pretty easy to be a good rebounder when you're getting all of LeDouche's bricks.

Also it should be noted he's a sorry ass defender.

Don't sleep on Niko's rebounding ability. He's really good at rebounding. Has a knack for it. He's got 9 rebs in each game so far. Love might have him in passing, Niko still thinks as a score first player above all being one of the best players in Euro Ball.

James Harden picking up right where he left off

6/21 FGs

-20 in the +/-

Magic losing the opener in depressing fashion, having a game winning goal tend call waved off. With the Bucs I'm used to these absurd heartbreaking losses anywho.

Yeah, he had 8 turnovers but he looked like everything he was supposed to scoring the ball. His conditioning isn't the best but when he was fresh he was actually not bad defensively. I think him and Noel are going to be pretty good together.

It was nice to see Nerlens shooting some mid range jumpers. It's a work in progress but he's going to get a lot of time to work on it and winning games isn't really the goal this year.

Man if the Sixers can get a competent PG though they have some shooters to space the floor and Okafor down low. There is definite potential.