19.) Texas A&M (6-2)

20.) Mississippi State (6-2)

21.) Northwestern (6-2)

22.) Temple (7-1)

23.) UCLA (6-2)

24.) Toledo (7-1)

25.) Houston (8-0)

Edited by butmom

What is it with this ranking committee and hating TCU?

TCU hasn't exactly played a tough gauntlet of teams. And they've let several shitty teams hang around with them for a good while in games this season. And they're not undefeated if it's not for a miracle TD play on 4th down with 30 seconds left against Texas Tech. Like GSP would say, the committee is not impressed by their performance.

I think going into our second year of the committee we can see that strength of schedule is one of the most important factors to them.

Alabama has a weaker SOS than OSU right now and has a pretty bad loss as it stands. How were they put in? The only way someone can say Bama has had any impressive wins to this point is to look at each team's preseason rank and judge it off that. TAMU right now stands as their only good win and that might not even stand for much longer.

Arguably, Iowa has done more to justify a playoff spot than Alabama. I'd say their demolition of Northwestern (still one of the better Ds in the country) and win against Wisconsin even out or put them ahead of Bama, especially considering they haven't lost.

Alabama as it stands might not even win their division. If Ole Miss wins out, I'm pretty sure they win the SEC West, no? I'd like to see them try to either put a two-loss Ole Miss in or a one-loss Bama who didn't win their division.

Yup, I sure was wrong about TCU.

Rankings 2.0

1.) Clemson (9-0)

2.) Alabama (8-1)

3.) Ohio State (9-0)

4.) Notre Dame (8-1)

5.) Iowa (9-0)

6.) Baylor (8-0)

7.) Stanford (8-1)

8.) Oklahoma State (9-0)

9.) LSU (8-1)

10.) Utah (8-1)

11.) Florida (8-1)

12.) Oklahoma (8-1)

13.) Michigan State (8-1)

14.) Michigan (7-2)

15.) TCU (8-1)

16.) Florida State (7-2)

17.) Mississippi State (7-2)

18.) Northwestern (7-2)

19.) UCLA (7-2)

20.) Navy (7-1)

21.) Memphis (8-1)

22.) Temple (8-1)

23.) North Carolina (8-1)

24.) Houston (9-0)

25.) Wisconsin (8-2)

If the playoffs started today, that would be one nice weekend of games :notbad:

Wish Memphis hadn't lost so we'd have a chance to see Paxton Lynch in the CFP. :sigh:

Wish Memphis hadn't lost so we'd have a chance to see Paxton Lynch in the CFP. :sigh:

They wouldn't of made it there anyways lol.

They wouldn't of made it there anyways lol.

:shrug: They very well could have if one of the big teams lost again.

Um, last year the national champion wouldn't have been the national champion without the playoff field. Ohio State was the 4 seed.

• Upvote 1

It's a slightly improved lateral move at the end of the day. Teams outside looking in have no bigger chance of getting a shot then before. The difference between the old system and the new one is two additional teams. The simple fact that we all know that even if Memphis won out, they would still not have a true shot at the tittle says it all.

Additionally, Instead of people complaining about a computer system being broken, they are complaining about the committee's bias towards certain teams and conference. Same shit different toilet.

:shrug: They very well could have if one of the big teams lost again.

Memphis is probably going to end the regular season with 3 losses, so it's a pretty moot discussion.

Additionally, Instead of people complaining about a computer system being broken, they are complaining about the committee's bias towards certain teams and conference. Same shit different toilet.

Which is exactly what everyone with an IQ of 1 or higher said would happen. I dunno why people thought controversy was going to go away, would had to have been extremely naive to think the playoff was going to make things so much better.

Playoffs is way better. Not sure who said or thought the controversy would go away. People will complain about any system in place so that doesn't make it a good reason to not try and change. For as much as people talk about bias and the flaws of the committee the lines have pretty much been set and that is only after a year. Strength of Schedule is the name of the game. If Memphis played a bunch of top dogs and won out then they would have a real shot at the title. The days of scheduling cupcake games to smooth out the record are over. The days of hiding behind a weak conference are over. If a team truly cared about a shot at the championship they know how to get it (you can argue they've always known) but the fact is a long list of schools are comfortable right where they are and will take their cheap little bowl game at the end of the season. The top dogs are top for a reason cause they do what they have to in order to be in the real conversation for a championship. And it's been one year....four teams is better than just two and after that is established over a few seasons it will grow to 8 and so on. I'll take this "lateral move" over the BS BCS anyday

I know everyone here would agree that memphis (besides cherry apparently) should NOT be allowed in this year's playoff, BUT I think once a non-AQ dominates TWO YEARS STRAIGHT (and I mean win every game), it would happen.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

I know after the last two weeks Bama has looked like the best team in the country, but they had absolutely no business being #4 in the first rankings. There is still incredible bias with the committee. Bama was put into the playoffs when at the time they were something like 3rd in their division? Pitiful. That's changed now, but doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Obviously, you can argue OSU is only getting in because they're the defending champs, but even that is biased. OSU really hasn't proven all that much.

Maybe a more obvious solution is to widen the playoff field, but we're just going to run into the same issues again and again. Either we have too many games or teams that deserve a spot are getting left out.

Maybe it's a personal thing but I'd rather see an undefeated Memphis-like team over a team that loses a game or two but plays in a tough conference. I find it more entertaining to see a team that's a bit of an upstart over the same 5-10 teams every year. It should start happening when we finally switch to an 8-team playoff which is good. :yep:

• Upvote 2

Maybe it's a personal thing but I'd rather see an undefeated Memphis-like team over a team that loses a game or two but plays in a tough conference. I find it more entertaining to see a team that's a bit of an upstart over the same 5-10 teams every year. It should start happening when we finally switch to an 8-team playoff which is good. :yep:

Yeah, but thing is teams like Memphis aren't really good enough to be in a playoff. Like a 12-0 Hawaii team in 2007 who got their doors blown the fuck off by Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.