18.) Ole Miss (8-3)

19.) TCU (9-2)

20.) Washington State (8-3)

21.) Mississippi State (8-3)

22.) UCLA (8-3)

23.) Utah (8-3)

24.) Toledo (9-1)

25.) Temple (9-2)

Don't see how Oklahoma can be put in over Notre Dame at this moment.

vs. Texas

Oklahoma: L 17-24

Notre Dame: W 38-3

Notre Dame's loss was by two points to #1 Clemson.

Edited by FartWaffles

Yes, because beating Virginia by 7, GA Tech by 8, TEMPLE by 4, and LOL BOSTON COLLEGE by 3 just SCREAMS national champion, right?

Man, I guess losing was what we needed in order to get our heads out of our asses. A bit too late, but with a win like this if we somehow get into the B1G Championship and do the same thing then I don't see why we'd be left out.

Yes, because beating Virginia by 7, GA Tech by 8, TEMPLE by 4, and LOL BOSTON COLLEGE by 3 just SCREAMS national champion, right?

I tend not to judge a team negatively for a win. I feel like their losses is what's truly telling.

I tend not to judge a team negatively for a win. I feel like their losses is what's truly telling.

You have to when there's so many other teams with the same record.

You have to when there's so many other teams with the same record.

No, you don't "have to." :lol:

You can judge the teams with the same record by the quality of their losses. It's all subjective anyways, and most people will all have differing opinions and approaches to their rankings.

Basically your opinion doesn't hold any more weight that mine, so stop acting like it does.

No, you don't "have to." :lol:

You can judge the teams with the same record by the quality of their losses. It's all subjective anyways, and most people will all have differing opinions and approaches to their rankings.

Basically your opinion doesn't hold any more weight that mine, so stop acting like it does.

1. I never said that. I was just pointing out that they're overrated as fuck. Always have been.

2. But you can judge by quality of WINS as well, which is very much more important in college, cause you got a committee to impress.

OSU has no chance. Stahp.

• Clemson probably still makes the top 4 as long as they don't shit the bed against UNC.
  • Alabama will beat Florida easily.
  • Oklahoma is already in.
  • The winner of Iowa/Michigan State gets a spot.

So I guess OSU needs Alabama to lose?

OSU has no chance. Stahp.

• Clemson probably still makes the top 4 as long as they don't shit the bed against UNC.
  • Alabama will beat Florida easily.
  • Oklahoma is already in.
  • The winner of Iowa/Michigan State gets a spot.

So I guess OSU needs Alabama to lose?

I've had to remind quite a few people of this: "It's not gonna happen" is not the same as "It's impossible". Alabama won't lose to Florida, but there's always that infinitesimally small chance they do. UNC could beat Clemson; I don't think they will, and even if they do, I'd imagine UNC gets in over OSU.

I'm not keeping my hopes up, lol. Right now, realistically, Rose Bowl is a best case scenario. I still think they give that to the loser of Iowa/Michigan State.

Actually, even if Alabama does lose to Florida, I'd bet Stanford leapfrogs Ohio State and sneaks into the #4 spot. I guess if Clemson and Bama lose, then we've got chaos.

Totally forgot about Stanford. If Stanford and either Bama or Clemson (or both) lose, then OSU should get in. They might not still, but I'd imagine that the committee would put them in. Frankly, I'd understand if they said "We didn't see enough from OSU" to put them in.

Rankings 5.0:

1.) Clemson (12-0)

2.) Alabama (11-1)

3.) Oklahoma (11-1)

4.) Iowa (12-0)

5.) Michigan State (11-1)

6.) Ohio State (11-1)

7.) Stanford (10-2)

8.) Notre Dame (10-2)

9.) Florida State (10-2)

10.) North Carolina (11-1)

11.) TCU (10-2)

12.) Baylor (9-2)

13.) Ole Miss (9-3)

14.) Northwestern (10-2)

15.) Michigan (9-3)

16.) Oregon (9-3)

17.) Oklahoma State (10-2)

18.) Florida (10-2)

19.) Houston (11-1)

20.) USC (8-4)

21.) LSU (8-3)

22.) Temple (10-2)

23.) Navy (9-2)

24.) Utah (9-3)

25.) Tennessee (8-4)

I'm still of the belief that Clemson, even with a loss to UNC, makes the top four. Assuming Oklahoma and the Iowa/MSU winner each grab another spot, that means if Alabama wins, they're in. If they lose, Ohio State is in.

I kinda feel that if Michigan State loses they will move outside the top 4. I think Ohio State might still have a shot.

Edited by butta54

I kinda feel that if Michigan State losses they will move outside the top 4. I think Ohio State might still have a shot.

Michigan State is already outside of the top 4

at this point it's pretty clear that the winner of Iowa (#4) and Michigan State (#5) will have one of the spots, there's also no reason for Oklahoma (#3) to drop at this point since they're done playing, which only leaves two spots open, no chance for change there and no interesting scenarios

things get interesting if Clemson and/or Bama lose, it's hard to see UNC moving into the top 4 from #10 and even harder to see Florida sliding in from #18, so losses by Clemson and Bama would probably shut their respective conference out, the next two to move in would seem to be OSU (moving ahead of the Big 10 Championship loser, who I have trouble seeing still in the conversation) and Stanford (assuming they beat USC)

logic would say since OSU is currently #6 and Stanford is #7 that OSU would be next in line if one of the two ahead of them lose, but maybe the committee puts more of a premium on the Conference Champion title (which Stanford doesn't have yet) they've already showed that they start from scratch with each ranking

The real chaos scenario would be Clemson, Bama, and Stanford all losing, I have no clue what the committee would do with that, my guess is we'd end up with Oklahoma, Big 10 Champ, OSU, and Bama, but that's just a shot in the dark, maybe Notre Dame sneaks back in, maybe they give a spot to the Big 10 Runner-up (though I think would have to be at the expense of OSU, they're not gonna put three Big 10 teams in)

Big Ten is the best. The champ game is actually going to feel like a playoff game.Fuck, am I so pumped for it.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

They're the best right now. But they've really only played B1G teams. For all we know B1G could go winless in the postseason.

They're the best right now. But they've really only played B1G teams. For all we know B1G could go winless in the postseason.

I was saying best champ game. Also, that Oregon win looking a lot more prettier by the day.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Yeah I was looking at Michigan State's ranking wrong lol

The committee acted pretty swiftly...

College Football Playoff Round 1:

1) Clemson vs 4) Oklahoma

2) Alabama vs 3) Michigan State