Sign in to follow this  
BC

Most Surprising Stats

Was hearing some analysis on Cam Newton, someone who as we know has been mentioned in MVP conversations, and how he's turned the corner and become one of the last quarterbacks that teams want to face right now. I was expecting to be impressed by his stats, but as it turns out, he's not impressive at all. Only completing 59% of his passes, and has 8 ints on only 11 TDs.

Leading the NFL in interceptions right now, not Josh Norman, not any LOB member, but the 39 year old Charles Woodson who we were all dubbing as on his last leg, and really only returning to Oakland because it was a vacancy and a reunion.

What else is floatin around out there. Knock my socks off :yep:

Edited by BC

Seattle is 4-4 in games played this year.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Newton is a true MVP candidate in the normal sense of the award, but he is carrying this ball club on offense. Just looking at stats and not watching the games is a very poor way to evaluate Newton.

The Oakland Raiders are 31st in the NFL in pass defense...no surprise here...However.

The Oakland Raiders are 2nd in the NFL in run defense. Kinda crazy how one defense can be at the top in one area and then at the very bottom in the other :laugh:

• Upvote 1

I don't think Newton is a true MVP candidate in the normal sense of the award, but he is carrying this ball club on offense. Just looking at stats and not watching the games is a very poor way to evaluate Newton.

Yeah equate it to LeBron in the Finals last year. Efficiency out the window, gotta just hero-ball grind it out. That's what Cam is doing right now, it's ugly but it's winning.

• Upvote 1

Lebron is/was at a level Cam will probably never see though, to be fair. ha. No shame for Cam in that... I mean, Lebron is one of the greatest of all time and has a history of those efficient numbers. Cam has never really been that efficient and never really excelled at throwing. Lebron playing like that in the Finals was uncharacteristic for him... Cam playing like this is just Cam. He is definitely carrying the Panthers offensively though, no doubt about it.

Broncos defense is on pace to finish the year allowing fewer yards per play than any team in history but one.

At 38,Tom Brady is in the top 5 ranking of every major statistical passing category for a QB. Like, every one. I know we know he's great, but damn. Y/a, y/gm, TD%, int%,quarterback rating, that qbr thingy, total TD, total yards... fucking everything, and apart from Gronk-who's about unguardable-he's throwing the ball to a QB from Kent State and Danny Amendola. Again, he's 38. Anyone saying somebody else should be considered for the MVP award right now is probably a little crazy.

• Upvote 1

How about this one?

Allen Robinson has accounted for 24.9 percent of the Jaguars offense, gaining 707 yards receiving. The Jaguars have 2,835 total yards.

Fellow second-year receiver Allen Hurns isn’t far behind. He has gained 635 yards, generating 22.4 percent of the team’s yards.

Robinson and Hurns both have six touchdowns.

They are the first teammates to gain 600 receiving yards and six touchdowns eight games into the season since Randy Moss and Wes Welker did it for New England in 2007. That team was undefeated, the Jaguars are 2-6.

Only FOUR runningbacks top the 1,000 yard mark this year.

1. Adrian Peterson 1410

2. Doug Martin 1.354

3. Todd Gurley 1,106

4. Latavius Murray 1,035

Last year there were THIRTEEN.

Runningbacks extinct confirmed.

Only FOUR runningbacks top the 1,000 yard mark this year.

1. Adrian Peterson 1410

2. Doug Martin 1.354

3. Todd Gurley 1,106

4. Latavius Murray 1,035

Last year there were THIRTEEN.

Runningbacks extinct confirmed.

NFL.com lists seven:

Peterson: 1418

Martin: 1354

Gurley: 1106

McFadden: 1089

Ivory: 1070

Freeman: 1061

Murray: 1035

NFL Stats: by Player Category

still a drop-off, and fewer than we've seen in a while, but not insane

Edited by oochymp

Stewart and D-Will would have both had 1k yards if they hadn't got hurt.

A.P reigns as rushing king. No surprise here. As predicted :coffee:

60.7 % completion for Aaron Rodgers. Unacceptably bad.

The Steelers have gouged out more players eyes than the Broncos this year.

Unfair to say RBs are a dying breed because of 1000 yard rushers being lower than usual. A lot of huge RB stars were banged up or out altogether.

I said this weeks ago... Cousins is arguably the hottest QB in the league at the current moment. I don't know how the playoffs will treat them... but I hope I get the chance to yell YOU LIKE THAT? at him next week when the Packers travel to Washington.

from 1990 through 1999 (ten seasons) there were a total of 22 4000 yard passing seasons with a high of 4690 (Warren Moon, 1991)

this season there were 12 QBs who threw for over 4000 yards and three that totaled more than 4690

from 1990 through 1999 (ten seasons) there were a total of 22 4000 yard passing seasons with a high of 4690 (Warren Moon, 1991)

this season there were 12 QBs who threw for over 4000 yards and three that totaled more than 4690

Yeah, I remember when 4,000 was a really big deal. Now if you DON'T throw for 4,000, you shouldn't be starting and the fans wash you gone lol. Alex Smith threw for like 3,500 or something like that, and that's a "game manager" pedestrian type stat line now. Not so long ago that was a coveted performance.

• Upvote 1