Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

2015-2016 MLB Offseason

The hot stove is getting ramped up.

Off season has gotten off to a great start for Toronto: first Edwin and Jose are staying, Estrada gets a 2 year deal, and now Josh is named AL MVP! :rock:

Braves acquire OF Ender Inciarte, RHP Aaron Blair and SS Dansby Swanson from Diamondbacks in exchange for RHP Shelby Miller and LHP Gabe Speier.

I've been very harsh on the Braves this off-season for all the trades...

but to get rid of a vet pitcher and in return we get the #1 overall pick... and two other promising young bulls..it gives me hope that the Braves aren't just getting rid of everybody for the fuck of it.

Maybe things can turn around in 3-5 years. Who knows.

Oh hey, Starlin Castro finally got traded.

Major League Baseball has issued a permanent suspension of Jenrry Mejia after a third positive test for a performance-enhancing drug.

It's hard to comprehend how Mejia let this happen. The reliever previously served an 80-game suspension and was still serving a 162-game suspension for positive tests when he got caught again with Boldenone. He's the first player ever in the majors or minors to receive a lifetime ban for performance-enhancing drugs. It's quite a fall for a guy who not long ago was serving as the Mets' closer.

Joe Mauer has revealed that he's occasionally dealt with blurred vision since his concussion issues in 2013.

Mauer noted that bright sunshine has sometimes triggered the blurred vision, which he said, not surprisingly, has affected his pitch tracking. He'll experiment during spring training with sunglasses in hopes that it will help the issue. "I’ve always been kind of weird about my routine when it comes to stepping into the (batter’s) box, but it’s something I’ll give a shot this spring and see if it helps," Mauer said. Mauer's concussion issues forced him to move to first base and it seems obvious that it's also affected his production at the plate, as he's hit .270/.348/.376 the last two seasons after entering 2013 with a career .323/.405/.468 line.

Pitchers and catchers report today!

:towel:

• Upvote 1

12745901_1092804717436507_40903325473918

The Pirates will wear this uniform during Sunday home games in 2016. It is an exact replica of the uniform worn by the 1979 World Series team.

• Upvote 1

Here's to a new baseball season :cheers: GO JAYS GO!

Edited by BigBen07

It's getting to be that time, and it is glorious! Not totally sure how the Cardinals will do this year. Definitely a few questions marks in both the lineup and rotation. Should be a fun one!

It's getting to be that time, and it is glorious! Not totally sure how the Cardinals will do this year. Definitely a few questions marks in both the lineup and rotation. Should be a fun one!

The world is tired of the Cardinals. Your era is over :p

I think the Cardinals will still be very good this year. But in my mind they have been surpassed by the Cubs and maybe the Mets as well. I think the Cubs are NL favorites headed into this season.

Fuck the Cubs. I hope they burn. The Mets can do whatever they please.

Season's getting close now!

I'm excited to see what the Mets do this year. Keeping Cespesdes was huge, hopefully Wright can be healthy the entire year, Walker is a down grade for me to Murphy but is more than serviceable and I actually like the Caberra move at short stop.

Obviously excited about the best pitching core in baseball. Matz development will be interesting as I saw a lot I like about him when he was healthy and hopefully Wheeler manages to pitch decently after Tommy John's.

Should be a great season.

I don't think Walker is a downgrade from Murphy. He'll hit for a lower average, but more power. I think you'll like him.

Not sure what to expect out of the Pirates this year. We should be good, but I'm not sure we'll be good enough.

Playoff projections :smug:

AL

1. Houston - AL West champs

2. Boston - AL East champs

3. White Sox - AL Central champs

Wildcard - Toronto

Wildcard - Seattle

NL

1. Cubs - NL Central champs

2. Dodgers - NL West champs

3. Washington - NL East champs

Wildcard - Mets

Wildcard - San Francisco

You guys know I'm a loose baseball fan, and admittedly I didn't pay too much attention to the Phillies while the remnants of the Amaro era was crumbling. Now that they're turned in the right direction, I'm on board. We'll probably suck this year (60-65 wins), but I'm looking forward to seeing some of the younger guys out there. Honestly, I'm looking forward to baseball in general. Can't wait for Opening Day.

:towel:

I don't think Walker is a downgrade from Murphy. He'll hit for a lower average, but more power. I think you'll like him.

Not sure what to expect out of the Pirates this year. We should be good, but I'm not sure we'll be good enough.

Yea I don't think downgrade was the right word to use.

I think I'm used from last year how productive Murphy was in the playoffs that it clouded my initial thought on the two.

Looking at the production of Murphy and Walker. Murphy had 281 batting average Walker had 261 so not a lot of difference there.

Walker actually had a higher OBP,slugging percentage and 2 more HRs than Murphy.

So I'm actually taking back my statement. It should work out nicely depending on his defence

032616_sea_marte_inside_the_park_med_tw_

stuntin