Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Bears @ Packers

Yeah, that defense is nice but at some point a trend has developed. Your receivers struggle to get separation at all, let alone quickly. Initially, we thought Green Bay would be fine without Jordy Nelson, but once again we undersold the impact of a dynamic, multi-faceted receiver. Now, I think any team with a competent TE could survive just fine as long as Cobb and Adams stay healthy, but Richard Rodgers is not even remotely scary.

Jordy Nelson being gone isn't the problem. Why fixate on that? Sure, our offense would have a much better receiver out there. But is Nelson being out making everybody drop passes? Is that making our banged up OL not block for more than 2 seconds? Is Nelson's absence making Rodgers throw errant passes and miss open receivers? Nelson's not the one calling 11 pass plays in a row in the 4th (not counting the final drive) despite Lacy tearing up the Bears defense to a tune of like, 6.5 YPC.

We're paying Cobb $6.5M per year to do what, exactly? I guess this answers the question whether he's not a #1 receiver. Adams didn't take the step forward we were expecting. We're missing Andrew Quarless (who imo is an underrated part of our offense. He's not a huge weapon but he's reliable, and a much better blocker than R. Rodgers. Plus he's got more experience in our offense than ANY OTHER RECEIVER on the team. Besides Jones who sucks). Quarless is on DTR so he should be back soon I think. Anyways, R. Rodgers also had a nice rookie year but hasn't developed as we expected. Lacy's been banged up all year but his production hasn't been as awful as the stats show, and the past 2 weeks he's been really good for us aside from that awful fumble last night.

The point is, of course we want Nelson out there. But putting him out there isn't going to fix our offense. Aaron Rodgers has been off almost all year. The offensive line is only "okay" when we expected great (and banged up). Our receivers have failed to meet expectations, and our running game has seemingly waited until now to start to kick it into gear.

If shit happened even remotely close to what we were all expecting this season, nobody would be having this conversation right now and frankly, we could still be a 1-2 loss team. If our multiple Pro-Bowler offensive line could get into gear, Randall Cobb play like a starting WR, Adams play like the player we saw last year and same for R. Rodgers? I really don't think we'd be going out and embarrassing ourselves like we have this year.

If you think Jordy Nelson is the reason our offense is so dysfunctional right now, I don't know what to tell you. Try to think harder?

• Upvote 1

Is that the emoticon we use for finishing last in the division?

F4E salty that the Packers are unraveling in front of his very eyes.

Best part of it. It came on Brett Favre night :rofl: eat shit packers eat shit Favre

Highlight of the Bears seasons came in November... all downhill from here.