Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Game of Thrones Season 7

Poor WunWun. He's da real hero.

• Upvote 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfa-iBgzXA

^Epic Mashup.

(See, I'm not really a hater. This much death and violence is always going to be epic for me. I just don't have the time to catch all the way up.)

Edited by Sparty

Well, well, well. Dany finally left Meereen, holy shit! Also, Oldtown is fucking gorgeous, I wanna live there, and just read all the books in that library. So good.

As for the factions, we've culled a lot of the loose ends, but we're basically down to the Sansa, Jon and Littlefinger coalition contained the North, the Vale and the Riverlands, The Lannisters who have basically burned all of their bridges, and the Dany, Tyrell and Dorne coalition who will obviously win because Varys can just teleport wherever the fuck he wants to. Of course, the last bunch is the army of the dead just hanging out north of the wall. I guess the remaining wildcards would be the Iron Islands (who shouldn't be after the show events, c'mon you've got like 10 trees in the whole damn place you can't make ships out of that.) and Jaime who should be having some serious doubts after Cersei basically carpet bombed King's Landing...

Just glad that they're finally pushing forward.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, if Benjen took Bran to the wall, then the Others would get through and... welp. I do not feel good for Lord Commander Edd's chances against the army of the dead.

No walk of atonement and now evaporation. Fuck.

Margaery has never been hotter

• Upvote 1

Dang. It all got so real, lol.

Honestly sad to see the future of House Tyrell wiped from the lands. That plot played out so beautifully though. The High Sparrow's death was long overdue as was Maester Pycelle's. How that guy lived so long is beyond me, ha. I really wanted some more Jaime on Cersei action. This has to put him on some serious tilt and we already know she is bat shit crazy. Also, the music playing during the unfolding of that plot was so eerie and insanely good. Props to the composer or whomever on that one. Tommen's death isn't a surprise but still, wow. Cersei was always worried about the prophecy that all of her children would die -- who knew that was the price of the Iron Throne? #TheMadQueen

Speaking of taking out the trash, the Arya thing completely threw me. I was not expecting that at all and it felt so good! Jaime did a little basting of the pig before he went, which was awesome and hilarious. The Frey's have to be one of the most disgusting and pitiful houses in the 7 Kingdoms and it sounds like Arya did everyone a favor. Is her plan to carry out her list and take vengeance on those who wronged her family or will she reunite with her siblings... whoops. Sibling... and cousin. #AllMenMustServe

Bran's story line was a lot weaker than I expected. I figured he would really begin tapping into his powers and exploring all that he will be able to do. Yet, he was merely a tool to reveal R + L = J which was a nice payoff but not good enough for Bran, IMO. Still without a doubt the weakest plot / character in the show. If he ends up having a significant impact, which I think he undoubtedly will, I will be pretty disappointed. #GoAwayBran

Which brings us to Jon Targaryen and the happenings in the North. Leanna Mormont is super clutch and thus we have a new King of the North. Really overall a great scene as the houses pledge their loyalties to the... bastard? Maybe best of all, as it was happening, Sansa looked genuinely happy. But then she catches the gaze of Little Finger and instantly that disappears. How Sansa and Little Finger go from here (whether it be separate or together) will be interesting. Solid scene with Davos and Melisandre as well, she too now becomes a big ?. She won't just... disappear will she? Jon may not be Ned's son, but he does have Stark blood in him. On one hand, you hope he doesn't meet his demise as his cousin and uncle did. However, he was raised a Stark and shows that same level of... loyal ignorance, so to speak that both Ned and Robb had. #KingOfTheNorth #TheWhiteWolf

Speaking of our new Targaryen, Dany's claim to the throne all of a sudden become a lot more contested -- if that information is ever revealed to the public anyway. Dany obviously wants it more, but technically should be left to her nephew while Winterfell should fall to Sansa. Saying goodbye to Daario upsets me a bit, but the scene with Dany and Tyrion was so great and well written / shot (as is mostly everything in this show). Varys and Little Finger teleport like the best of them. Speaking of which.... Dany is sailing to Westeros with an Unsullied and Dothraki army with the help of her allies in High Garden (what's left of the Tyrell's), Dorne, and 100 or so ships from the Iron Fleet. Not to mention having Tyrion there as well and oh... Some fucking dragons, bitch... On paper, this alliance or army or whatever is literally unstoppable. Something is bound to go wrong though, right? I mean it is set up so perfectly that it can't just go perfectly... or can it? What are the chances Dany courts her nephew Jon for a husband. Or perhaps if she likes them young, Robin Arryn would do nicely (enter Little Finger?). One thing is for certain, Cersei sits on the Iron Throne, but she won't be for long. King's Landing is about to get ROCKED. These new alliances also undermine Euron quite a bit. A lot of people pegged him as a big bad going forward, but his cock is going to be on Dany's mantle if it isn't sold by the cock merchant first #QueenOfDragons #You'reAWizardVarys

So where does this leave us. Dany should wreck havoc on King's Landing and claim the throne for herself as she looks for a suitor (Jon?) she aligns with him and the North to fight the threat that is the White Walkers. The really big question marks, for me... Arya. Little Finger. Jaime. Euron. Mel. So Season 7 should take that first portion into account while season 8 finishes up with the War for the Dawn? Seems logical, but lots of crazy shit could go down in between. Should be fun.

#ICouldFinishWindsOfWinterBeforeGeorgeRRMartin

Edited by Favre4Ever

Varys teleporting wasn't that bad. We have no idea what the timeframe is on his return to Meereen.

Arya showing up at twins threw me for a gigantic fucking loop.

Eh. He left Mereen two real weeks ago and in that span made it to Dorne, awaited the tragedy in King's Landing, waiting for the Queen of Thrones to arrive, then made it back to Mereen to sail with Dany to Westeros. Seems fairly improbable to me, but maybe. lol

What could be really interesting is another Little Finger / Varys showdown. Potentially if Little Finger tries marrying Robin to Dany.. or even if perhaps he strengthens his hold on the Vale and North and turns them against Dany / Varys and Co. it could get interesting.

All of Game of Thrones seems like a chess match played between those two, so I don't doubt it.

Edited by Favre4Ever

We don't know when that last scene is. Could be a large time jump from Dorne visit to returning to Meereen.

I honestly had lowish expectations on the finale given how much happened last week but man that was a great finale and probably one of the best episodes ever. The build up and ending in King's Landing was immense.

Margaery has never been hotter

:fbm:

First they ruin Melisandre, now this.

Best episode of the series? Best episode of the series.

Jon and Dany Targaryen gonna end up on the Iron Throne together. Song of ice and fire, baby.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

Varys manipulated this whole damn thing. Remember last episode when Qyburn told Cersei about a little rumor? And who spreads the rumors? Obviously Varys. Varys had the network of children, they were his "little spiders."

Jaime is about to kill Cersei. Then he will be King and Queen slayer.

• Upvote 1

Looks like Bran's vision pretty much predicted everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS0LaoOXhQg

Obviously the widfire predicted the events in last night's episode. And young Ned saying "Where's my sister?" tells us that we'll be going back to that scene for something important. Obviously, we did.

The one shot in there that we haven't seen yet, as far as I recall, are the aerial shots of a dragon (or dragons) flying over what looks like King's Landing. That certainly makes sense, given the events of last night.