Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Game of Thrones Season 7

It was definitely Sansa and Arya just having nothing in common more so than awkward acting or w/e, it was supposed to be somewhat awkward.

Well the last time Arya and Sansa saw each other was at King's Landing before Ned lost his head, right? Since then Sansa has been captive across the seven kingdoms as a bride who's been hit and raped as her entire family dies and she is blamed for it. Arya has gone from being the equivalent of a sewer rat to a nobody killing machine. They've definitely shifted from the young girls that journey to King's Landing.

I don't think I blame Dany for using her Dothraki and dragons for a military victory. She had to cut off the forces controlling the reach so she could get Casterly Rock free. Even though you could see the Lannister men nearly shitting their pants, it was a necessary casualty.

TBH I think if Jaime makes it back to King's Landing he will kill Cersei to stop her from fighting on. He's seen what dragons do to men. What was largely hyped up as legend for the longest time turned his men to ash by the rows. The Dothraki are unstoppable in the open field, so there is no possibility of coming out to fight them in open ground. King's Landing at best gets annihilated by Unsullied in combat. At worst every street is melted by dragon fire.

I think Tyrion will end up freeing Jaimie and helping him escape Dragon Stone. Tyrion will be saved from Danny's wrath probably by Jon or maybe Missandei. Or Tyrion could just talk his way out of it idk.

Oh and of course Jaimie will make it back to Kings Landing to kill Cersei.

Edited by seanbrock

Well the last time Arya and Sansa saw each other was at King's Landing before Ned lost his head, right? Since then Sansa has been captive across the seven kingdoms as a bride who's been hit and raped as her entire family dies and she is blamed for it. Arya has gone from being the equivalent of a sewer rat to a nobody killing machine. They've definitely shifted from the young girls that journey to King's Landing.

I don't think I blame Dany for using her Dothraki and dragons for a military victory. She had to cut off the forces controlling the reach so she could get Casterly Rock free. Even though you could see the Lannister men nearly shitting their pants, it was a necessary casualty.

TBH I think if Jaime makes it back to King's Landing he will kill Cersei to stop her from fighting on. He's seen what dragons do to men. What was largely hyped up as legend for the longest time turned his men to ash by the rows. The Dothraki are unstoppable in the open field, so there is no possibility of coming out to fight them in open ground. King's Landing at best gets annihilated by Unsullied in combat. At worst every street is melted by dragon fire.

Not necessary. It was stupid. She could have easily defeated that army with just the dothraki and I would have no problem with that. Hell, one of her dragons could have died. She played her strongest hand for no reason and it very nearly backfired on her. Tyrion may have made a few mistakes but he's not wrong. Burning folks is no way to go about getting what you want. Jon wasn't wrong either. Just more of the same for all those poor people. I'd fucking hate her if I lived there but I probably wouldn't say it out loud.

There's innocent civilians and then there are soldiers. Cutting off an army's supplies is a valid military tactic, and it may be overplaying her hand, but going for an overwhelming victory rather then a small victory is a valid tactic as well. Morale is vastly important in feudal-esque settings, and Dragons are basically cruise missiles when everyone is fighting with swords and bows. I think this is Dany taking a halfmeasure. Not going so far as to put King's Landing and it's thousands of civillians to the torch, but letting the world know that she's a dragon, and she won't take anymore bullshit from the Lannisters.

• Upvote 2

Not necessary. It was stupid. She could have easily defeated that army with just the dothraki and I would have no problem with that. Hell, one of her dragons could have died. She played her strongest hand for no reason and it very nearly backfired on her. Tyrion may have made a few mistakes but he's not wrong. Burning folks is no way to go about getting what you want. Jon wasn't wrong either. Just more of the same for all those poor people. I'd fucking hate her if I lived there but I probably wouldn't say it out loud.

The mere fact that Jaime saw the impact of the dragons is important IMO, and using the dragons was a way to change the mind of non-believers. If you're a survivor from that battle, you'd turn your banners around for Dany and call it a day. The fact that Bronn nearly pulled a clutch with the scorpion doesn't change the fact that a dragon effectively slaughters infantry. Arrows bounced right off of it with ease. Any survivors will tell about that, and nobody will want to fight the dragon queen. Dany is just making the people of Westeros fear her more than Queen Cersei, and in terms of power that's a good thing.

Nobody will want to fight her but all of them will want to stick a dagger in her neck from behind.

Nobody will want to fight her but all of them will want to stick a dagger in her neck from behind.

Like everyone before her?

Yeah. Like Jon said she's just gonna be more of the same. People in Westeros aren't gonna follow her like her unsullied because she freed them and want to follow her like what's her face told Jon and Davos when they asked about her. She had a chance to be different and she already ruined it.

And let's not joke ourselves.. I think Dany riding Drogon into battle was more of a symbol than anything. I don't think Drogon even NEEDED to be there. The Dothraki alone would have eaten the Lannister army alive, IMO.

I think it's touch and go without Drogon. The Dothraki hit the spear wall and didn't accomplish much of anything. More of them were dying than Lannister soldiers. Maybe they still win without a dragon, but it'd be a strategic Lannister victory in the sense that a fraction of their main army inflicted devastating casualties for the long term. What kind of an idiot charges right at a disciplined spear wall? Danny is an idiot; she should have flanked them. The only reason they broke through at all was because they had a dragon to punch a hole in the line.

Nope. And the Iron bank.

The Iron Bank's army might not make it to Westeros before Westeros is already Danny's. The Lannister army was destroyed in like 20 minutes lol. I'm sure the Iron Bank is all for spending a ton of money on a losing situation because they think Cersei is bad ass.

Their entire army is not destroyed. Pretty sure that was just the rear of the convoy train. Most of the gold (if not all) and the soldiers are "safely" within King's Landing.

The Iron Bank's army might not make it to Westeros before Westeros is already Danny's. The Lannister army was destroyed in like 20 minutes lol. I'm sure the Iron Bank is all for spending a ton of money on a losing situation because they think Cersei is bad ass.

Viking hit it. As Lord Tarley mentioned all the gold, and probably where a lot of troops were already hit kings landing. What we saw the other night was a very small fraction of their forces.

And it won't be the Iron Banks army, once Cersei secures the gold for the Iron Bank and gets a new loan, she said she would be looking to hire the Golden Company . That's no small task or force. We're talking about some of the most rite fighters anywhere.

Keep in mind, Drogon has seen the scorpions now. Dragons are smart and even in the show Tyrion says they're equally as if not smarter than people in some cases. Not only that but Jaimie and the Tarly's are captured or dead. Euron is capable but how good is he when he's not at sea? That's the only thing that makes me think it might not be so easy. Cersei is fucking retarded but Euron is pretty formidable.

It looks like they're going to start this White Walker plot in this next episode with 3 episodes remaining in this season. Cersei is cooked, literally. If Jorah goes with Jon to Eastwatch and returns to tell Danny the shit is real it's on.

Come on Sean, you made that point about the IQ of dragon before they saw the Scorpion and then they flew right into it. I am not saying you're wrong and that they will just keep doing that.. But at some point, doesn't it just become a learned behavior like just about any other animal on the planet?

When I was out of line as a kid my mom would take a wooden cooking spoon to my ass.. After that happened (which wasn't a lot), I stopped doing things that would get me hit by that spoon. If your dog gets up on the furniture and he doesn't belong there, you correct the behavior and the will realize they aren't supposed to get on the furniture. The dog doesn't have the IQ of a human... My baby nephew gets into things he shouldn't, we correct the behavior and he stops getting into that stuff. And while I love my nephew to death, I don't feel like his IQ is all that high at this point in his life.

I want to see Arya wear Littlefinger's face.

F4E (sorry, O4E) just reminded me of something I wanted to bring up.

Littlefinger doesn't seem to be his usual cunning self this season. He's just chilling at Winterfell, doing absolutely nothing and awaiting the screenwriters' fate for him. Unless he's very smartly playing a long con? Never underestimate that dude. I'd like to see some traction from his character next week, though.

Littlefinger had a plan but his plan didn't account for magic. His plan was probably to marry sansa and combine the vale and the north to take kings landing after Cersei and Danny duke it out. I also don't think he thought The North would back a bastard over Ned and Catelyn's true born daughter. Now he's scrambling and trying to pit them against each other so he can continue with his original plan

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 2

Sean may very well be right. I think a lot of it is kind of revealing his diminishing power. In previous seasons, it was made pretty clear that even though he wasn't a King, he had immense power. He basically controls the Vale by proxy, saved the Battle of the Bastards, and has manipulated his way to a very high rung on the ladder that is chaos.

This season, it seems more like a situation where Sansa is more than ever aware of LittleFinger, what he can do, and the true power he holds. So I think that dynamic is like a scale that was previously weighted on LittleFingers side but now is teetering and beginning to fall to Sansa's side. And kind of to Sean's point, I think that is throwing him for a loop to a degree.

And then seeing all the Stark children reunite. LittleFinger is gradually losing his stranglehold on Sansa day by day and he knows it. He knows something is wrong and he is scrambling. At least IMO.

Towards the end... Sansa, " The lone wolf dies, the pack survives ". You have a pack of wolves in the Stark children back at home in Winterfell and a lone wolf trying to overthrow everything... The lone wolf is going to die.

(I don't know if that's what that quote actually means, but it sounds good to me, so I am rolling with it... lol )

Bran mindfucking Baelish was magical :smug:

• Upvote 1

Littlefinger had a plan but his plan didn't account for magic. His plan was probably to marry sansa and combine the vale and the north to take kings landing after Cersei and Danny duke it out. I also don't think he thought The North would back a bastard over Ned and Catelyn's true born daughter. Now he's scrambling and trying to pit them against each other so he can continue with his original plan

Yeah, his advice to Sansa of envision every scenario so you can never be surprised. He just doesn't see Bran coming.

How could he? Bran was supposed to be dead and now he comes back as some omniscient tree wizard? Check and mate. lol

I don't think he envisioned Arya coming back either. Did you see how they looked at each other when he watche as she fought Brienne?

• Upvote 1

I'd be thinking of any reason I could to go back to the Eyrie if I was him.