Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

Playoff help

I'm in the semifinals of my one money league and desperately need some suggestions from TGP's finest.

I've got a plethora of RB options, but I only have 3 spots so I need to get it right. Non-PPR.

Chris Ivory vs DAL

Darren McFadden vs NYJ

Shaun Draughn vs CIN

CJ Anderson vs PIT

Frank Gore vs HOU

Brandon Bolden vs TEN

John Brown (ARI WR) vs PHI

The 3rd spot is a flex, and I guess it's worth noting that I do have John Brown (Arizona WR) on my bench. Even though it's non-PPR, he hasn't scored under 10 points in the last 4 weeks...I guess I have to consider him for the 3rd spot, too.

As of now, Ivory is a definite. McFadden is usually an automatic start, but Jets' run defense is damn good so I'm a little hesitant. The rest are all question marks.

- Draughn is the clear starter, but Cincy is another tough run defense.

- CJ may not even play and shares carries with Hillman anyway so I'm not really feeling him

- Gore had a lot of carries, but has only scored 2 TDs in last 8 games. Bit of a boom/bust play I feel

- Bolden got about 16 touches last game, and if Blount can't go this week he may be worth a start

Ivory is a start and Brown at the flex should be okay. Jets D is tough as shit but I don't know if I'd start any of the other guys. James White is likely to get a lot of action over Bolden. Draughn is an unknown. Anderson didn't even play despite being active IIRC. It really comes down to Gore vs McFadden. I think Houston's D is just a notch below the Jets, but I'd take a dual-threat McFadden over Frank any day.

Ivory, McFadden, Brown.

Another thing to consider is that McFadden will still gets touches even in a blowout due to receiving ability. That's a huge plus even in a non-PPR.

Edited by Chernobyl426
  • Upvote 1

Well, as you said, Ivory is a must start.

I would scan the waiver wire for somebody else if at all possible. Every other matchup is shit. McFadden would probably be the best bet at RB2 among all of them due to Dallas' trouble passing the ball, but Turbin is slowly eating into Darren's carries. I'd start Brown at flex because Arizona should kill Philly.

• Upvote 1

Draughn's value is in PPR. Standard is kinda eh.

See if you can't pick up Bryce Brown from the Seahawks off of waivers. They just cut DuJuan Harris, so it's gonna be Brown getting the carries with Jackson being the 3rd down back.

• Upvote 2

Good shout Vin - Brown got picked up two hours after your post.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've never started a WR in my flex before since it's a non-PPR league, but it sounds like that may be my best option. I've pretty much dismissed Draughn and CJ at this point, but Bolden and Gore are still making me struggle.

As of now I'm rolling with Ivory, McFadden, and John Brown.

Cameron Artis-Payne. Do it.

Given that it's a non-PPR and Ted Ginn is the ultimate boom/bust, it's probably not a smart decision to go after him. John Brown at least constantly gets receptions which means yards. Ginn could catch 3 passes for 150 yards and 2 TDs, or he could catch 3 passes for 15 yards and no TDs.

What about Whittaker or Tolbert though?

:no: Don't listen to Vin he's poisoning your team with that Artis-Payne talk.

Sometimes the smartest thing you can do is ride it out. :yep:

What about Whittaker or Tolbert though?

Just throwing a name out there. Totally forgot about Tolbert though.

I just picked up Denard Robinson in the Auction League as a plug and play fill in for Stewart, seemed like a decent option with Yeldon questionable

Well, Ivory was the definite start and ironically he was the one that let me down. 4.9 points. Screw you, Bilal Powell. McFadden got me 13 points which I'm thankful for, and Brown ended up scoring 9.3 which was better than what the rest of my backs scored.

Another moment of irony here. I also had Jeremy Maclin as an option, but he's so inconsistent that I didn't even consider him. He scored 11 points. -___-

I'm up by 20 points going against Calvin Johnson tonight. Since this is non-PPR I like my chances, but he does have the potential to go off - especially against a shitty NO defense.

Update: I'm in the championship game! Thanks for the help fellas. Going to need it again if I want to win that $450!

Same players as above, updated with their matchups:

Ivory vs NE

McFadden vs BUF

Draughn @ DET

CJ Anderson vs CIN

Gore @ MIA

Bolden @ NYJ

Maclin @ CLE

John Brown vs GB

I'm thinking of going with the same 3 as this past week (highlighted in green). Thoughts?