23) Minnesota Vikings

24) Cincinnati Bengals

25) Pittsburgh Steelers

26) Seattle Seahawks

27) Green Bay Packers

28) Kansas City Chiefs

Let the speculation begin....

Edited by butta54

Cowboys look like the most interesting right meow.

Might mess around and get another 1st round linemen

Los Angeles Rams*

Los Angeles Raiders*

Titans prolly trade back and some tard bites on Paxton or Bosa. Jalen Ramsey is the only guy with a good argument for Titans. Jaylon Smith was an option but he ded.

Most excited to see how Browns inevitably choke despite having #2 pick.

Goff is the pick for the Cowboys. I don't have any interest in PLynch. Assuming Goff isn't there, I entertain trading back a few spots and going WR Treadwell instead.

Cowboys still got Romo. I don't know that they would get another QB in the top 5 would they? You also got Dez & T-Will

Romo for all intensive purposes, is fucking old. He will be 36 next season, you draft Goff, sit his ass for a few years and let Romo pass the torch in 2-3 seasons.

Terrance Williams is a big bag of meh, Dez at 50 percent was still being double teamed all game because of our outside options at WR, Treadwell could open it up more for him.

• Upvote 1

Titans prolly trade back and some tard bites on Paxton or Bosa. Jalen Ramsey is the only guy with a good argument for Titans. Jaylon Smith was an option but he ded.

Most excited to see how Browns inevitably choke despite having #2 pick.

don't know how I feel about taking a DB #1, trade down and grab him sure, but I'm not so sure about #1, personally I'm hoping we extend Griffin (he's currently due $6.5M next year, I'd say offer him $7-8M over the next three) then draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in the third or fourth to learn under Griff for a year or two and grow into the spot

ya'll know I'm always high on my W&M guys, but DHC is really a guy to keep an eye out for, he was an all-CAA CB for two years, then moved to safety as a senior and was co-defensive player of the year in the conference, also a spectacular special teams guy

I always think its kinda funny how only certain positions are deemed "worthy" of a #1 pick

I always think its kinda funny how only certain positions are deemed "worthy" of a #1 pick

Well, there are a number of factors involved, obviously if a guy is at the top of your board at a position of need (which DB definitely is for the Titans) and nobody wants to trade up you grab him, but a #1 overall pick brings certain demands that most picks don't. Usually the franchise needs a huge lift, you're not going to get that but from a few positions just because of the way the game goes, you also typically want immediate results, some positions take more of a transition. To me DB is one of those, it's tough to transition to the NFL game so young DBs need a little time to adjust, time that you can't always give to a #1 overall pick.

That said, I could see us going just about anywhere with the top pick, it looks like we've got our QB but we could use help literally everywhere else, so all options are on the table. My hope is that one of the QBs flies up boards and we can trade down to a large profit.

Well, there are a number of factors involved, obviously if a guy is at the top of your board at a position of need (which DB definitely is for the Titans) and nobody wants to trade up you grab him, but a #1 overall pick brings certain demands that most picks don't. Usually the franchise needs a huge lift, you're not going to get that but from a few positions just because of the way the game goes, you also typically want immediate results, some positions take more of a transition. To me DB is one of those, it's tough to transition to the NFL game so young DBs need a little time to adjust, time that you can't always give to a #1 overall pick.

That said, I could see us going just about anywhere with the top pick, it looks like we've got our QB but we could use help literally everywhere else, so all options are on the table. My hope is that one of the QBs flies up boards and we can trade down to a large profit.

Agreed with the points, but the thing is QB is the hardest to transition and needs the most time. Not to mention the number of teams that picked a bust and passed up good players for the very reason of not getting a "impact" position.

Agreed with the points, but the thing is QB is the hardest to transition and needs the most time. Not to mention the number of teams that picked a bust and passed up good players for the very reason of not getting a "impact" position.

True, the QB transition is definitely the hardest, but the balance of importance swings so much in favor of QB that they'll fly up there. Also fans are more forgiving of sub-par performance from a rookie QB than other positions, look at guys like Tannehill and Bortles for example, both were terrible early but fans had patience because they knew the guys could be answers at a critical position. I guess the casual fans understand the transition at the QB spot a lot more than the transition at other positions (for some reason it's easier for people to understand the difficulties of learning to read more complex defenses than the difficulties of learning to execute more complex defenses). If fans are going to be more patient with a player then GMs are more likely to draft them earlier, because their real goal isn't to win games, it's to keep their jobs.

It's early....extremely early. But I'd love me some Hargreaves if we don't address CB in FA.

Goff is the pick for the Cowboys. I don't have any interest in PLynch. Assuming Goff isn't there, I entertain trading back a few spots and going WR Treadwell instead.

That was my initial thoughts. The Cowboys likely won't be drafting in the top ten again with a healthy Romo next year so this is the one good chance to get their guy for the future. The only thing that could prevent this is a huge trade into the top 3 (I think Browns sit and take Lynch) or the Cowboys settling on Johnny Manziel.

Cowboys still got Romo. I don't know that they would get another QB in the top 5 would they? You also got Dez & T-Will

Romo is 35 and coming off a severe injury. They're not going to be picking in the top 10 again with a healthy Romo though. It's this or wait until they have a shit year after Romo leaves.

don't know how I feel about taking a DB #1, trade down and grab him sure, but I'm not so sure about #1, personally I'm hoping we extend Griffin (he's currently due $6.5M next year, I'd say offer him $7-8M over the next three) then draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in the third or fourth to learn under Griff for a year or two and grow into the spot

ya'll know I'm always high on my W&M guys, but DHC is really a guy to keep an eye out for, he was an all-CAA CB for two years, then moved to safety as a senior and was co-defensive player of the year in the conference, also a spectacular special teams guy

Agreed. I've seen people say the Bosa is a scheme mismatch and the Titans have their QB for the future. I guess OL could have an argument but the top guys have some questions to them. Maybe Stanley at #1? Honestly if a team were to ask for the first and offer a high first + change I think the Titans would bite.

It's early....extremely early. But I'd love me some Hargreaves if we don't address CB in FA.

I just don't see him falling down that far barring a huge combine fuckup or something. Raiders could always trade up but who knows :shrug:

Yeah I guess I don't agree with you guys. Teams don't usually use a top 5 pick on a QB if they have a starter-caliber one already. And that is being very modest with Romo

Edited by butta54

I expect Goff to go at #2 and Lynch isn't good enough for Dallas at 4. I really think Wentz to Dallas is going to happen. Not at #4, obviously, but 2nd or 3rd round unless Wentz kills at the Combine and Senior Bowl.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I'd bust a nut if, somehow, the Vikings ended up with Treadwell. Not going to happen, but a guy can dream.

OJ Howard seems like he has been at Alabama forever for some reason. I know he hasn't done much with stats at Bama, but his physical tools are apparent. I wonder if he thinks about declaring now after his showcase on national TV

The decision Dallas could potentially face with their first pick, I think, is an incredibly fascinating one. Assuming there's at least one QB prospect they love...

Do you draft a franchise QB to lay the foundation for the post-Romo era, knowing you likely won't be drafting this high unless things bottom out post-Romo? Or do you go all in, draft a position player who increases your Super Bowl chances while Romo is still around, deciding you'll worry about the future QB later?

IMO you build around the position by adding playmaking skilled positions or get even better in the trenches. Unless there is an Andrew Luck type player and you are in the #1 spot I wouldn't hold out for a QB. Especially when I already have one. My philosophy would be to improve the roster and get the best guys on my staff to develop whoever we bring in to succeed Romo.

well Dallas is gonna sign RGIII then they'll be set at the QB spot

OJ Howard seems like he has been at Alabama forever for some reason. I know he hasn't done much with stats at Bama, but his physical tools are apparent. I wonder if he thinks about declaring now after his showcase on national TV

No, he's coming back.