Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Steelers @ Bengals

Was the Burfict play actually penalized? That was definitely not intentional.

• Downvote 2

Was the Burfict play actually penalized? That was definitely not intentional.

You sure about that? Look again.

Shoutout to the classy Bengals fans throwing shit at Ben as he was carted away. That team and city can all drown in a bucket of piss. Fuck off and get killed.

One guy throws shit at Ben and the city is trash. Steelers fans have done the same bullshit for a while and to be fair everyone who throws trash is fucking embarassing and should be kicked out of the stadium. Also quit a few reasons to be pissed off, notably the Shazier no-call.

Pacman shouldn't have been flagged for that second one. Bullshit call. Why the fuck is Porter on the field? Burfict should've been ejected tho.

You sure about that? Look again.

I've seen replays. I think he did a good job of avoiding helmet to helmet. That graze looked nasty but I don't think he was actively looking to hurt anybody.

And it's not like Shazier didn't do something similar earlier in the game. These two teams acted like children all night and the refs only made it worse by over-reacting to a few things, including the BS call on Pac at the end. The better team on a day-to-day basis won (because they usually have a better running game but it wasn't the same without De) and for that I'm thankful, but without any semblance of their usual offense, Pittsburgh was the lesser team today and should have lost the game.

• Downvote 4

Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam Jones lashed out on social media Saturday night after receiving a key penalty near the end of his team's 18-16 AFC wild-card loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Referring to referee John Parry, Jones said in a video posted on Instagram that "The ref did a horrible f---ing job" and questioned why Steelers assistant coach and former player Joey Porter was on the field in between plays late in the game.

ESPN

That was one of my fav football games in recent memory.

It's what football should be.. physical, violent, and full of energy and emotion. People say players were playing dirty but for the most part the only ones that did were Decastro and Shazier.

Vontaze Burfict played one of the most incredible games I've witnessed him play. In on a lot of plays, the sack, the interception. His performance was great. Pacman also did a great job for most of the game. Neither of those two players can truly be faulted for Cincy's loss.

Jeremy Hill. Fumblitis has had issues all year and he picked the wrong time to not take care of the ball. There's no excuse. You simply can not do that. That final drive by pitt was not a result of the Bengals defenders personal fouls. That whole Vontaze on AB hit you can clearly see vontaze is leading with his shoulder and simply trying to make a play on him because of the ball in the area. Unfortunate hit, but if you are going to call that hit and the one on Williams earlier (also a clean play) something is very wrong.

Neither Bengal player is leading with their helmet on each of these plays.

ux7m5rnp7o4q7xtpzjvb.gif

Second play I'm referencing

(trying to find other gif with Shawn Williams hit..who didn't lead with his helmet) Got a flag

But Shazier you can tell is attempting a spearing motion right into Gio's helmet. (no flag)

gio2.0.gif

No flag. Inconsistency from the referees is the moral of the story for that final drive. I don't harp on refs, but that whole game by them was shady. If you're going to throw flags for H2H's throw them for all of them..and not the ones that are being led with the shoulder.

Also.

Joey Porter has no business as a linebackers coach on the football field for an injured WR.

Steelers didn't win that game. The Bengals and the refs won it for them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Bengals WLB Vontaze Burfict is facing a suspension for his hit on Antonio Brown late in Saturday's Wild Card loss to the Steelers.

Burfict absolutely leveled Brown on a pass he had no chance of catching. The personal foul flag that came after it (along with another 15-yard penalty by Adam Jones) set up Chris Boswell's game-winning field goal with 14 seconds left. It looked like Burfict was going to be the hero after intercepting a pass from Landry Jones but his cheap shot on Brown essentially ended the Bengals' season. Burfict deserves to be suspended and won't have much of a case if he decides to appeal.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he has "no indication" whether or not Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder) and Antonio Brown (concussion) will be ready for next week's Divisional Round game against the Broncos.

Roethlisberger suffered a shoulder injury in Saturday's win over Cincinnati. He returned for the Steelers' final drive but mostly stuck to short passes and never really tested out his arm. Tomlin admitted he wasn't sure "how far" Roethlisberger could throw it. Already without running back DeAngelo Williams, the Steelers would be in serious trouble if Big Ben and Brown can't go against the Broncos next Sunday. Backup Landry Jones completed two of five passes for 11 yards and one interception during Roethlisberger's short absence on Saturday.
Source: steelers.com

Shazier should've been a penalty, but just because the refs screwed up that call doesn't mean they should've not called a penalty on Burfict for his dirty hit.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Steelers OLB coach Joey Porter will be fined for going on the field in Saturday's Wild Card game against the Bengals.

Porter left the sidelines to check on Antonio Brown after he suffered a concussion on a late hit by Vontaze Burfict. Pacman Jones confronted Porter and was immediately flagged 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. The Porter incident was just one of many bizarre events to unfold in Saturday's chaotic win.

I always thought coaches were allowed on the field when a player is hurt? Maybe it's just the HC.

I've seen replays. I think he did a good job of avoiding helmet to helmet. That graze looked nasty but I don't think he was actively looking to hurt anybody.

From the rule book:
Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him
as you can see, the shoulder is explicitly included in the list of what you can't hit a defenseless player in the head with, and I hope I don't have to explain why Brown is a defenseless player there
From my view: Williams hit should not have been a penalty, Shazier and Burfict hits should have been
Here's a video of the Williams hit, ATL has the other two covered:
  • Upvote 1

Marvin before the game.

marvin_zoom.jpg

Marvin after.

cCbWUE3.jpg

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I think both the Shawn Williams hit and the lack of a penalty on the Bernard hit/fumble went wrongfully against the Bengals. The latter was definitely a game changer. However, my main gripe is the Joey Porter incident. I respect him for standing up for AB but he really only went on the field to cause trouble and anyone arguing otherwise is a fool. And to call a penalty on Pacman there decided the game for the most part. If you throw a flag there, throw it both ways. Or better yet don't throw one at all! It really wasn't that serious.

Lost all respect for Burfict after that cheap shot on AB. Agree with Oochy, Marvin Lewis is likely done after that. Great game, horrible ending. Though I'd say the outcome was just after Burfict's shenanigans.

So you guys are going to tell me that Burfict could have avoided this, that he could have somehow deducted that it was uncatchable and that he should veer out of the way in that split second of time that it took for the play to happen? I know he has a bad history and he has earned it, but if you think he was intentionally trying hurt AB at all here or make a dirty play, you're letting his history affect your subjectivity in regard to what actually happened.

ux7m5rnp7o4q7xtpzjvb.gif

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I agree with Bware. /thread

But in all seriousness. Yall hold Burfict in a negative light when he is one of the better backers in the game. He plays the game with intensity, similar to Suh and it makes him a dirty player.

Football is a violent sport, Violent players that play within the means of the game shouldn't be sought after like that.

Cry as much as you want about it, but you'd be glad to have guys like them on your pussy ass teams with no backbone. The Bengals played with a lot of intensity/emotion as soon as Gio went down...and rightfully so. Hate on Burfict. But the man sacked Big Ben in a pivotal play and had the would've been game ending INT.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

https://vine.co/v/iMuO9BaxgQT

Vontaze is a clean player, guys. He plays the game the right way.

He's trying to rip the ball out, like any logical defender would do when his team is down. Stop trying to paint him as a villain.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

They teach you to paint inside the lines in Kindergarten, or did you fail at that aspect of life as well?

• Upvote 1

similar to Suh

Not the comparison I'd go with to try to argue he's not dirty

• Upvote 2

I find the Shazier hit significantly worse than what Burfict did. Sorry, not sorry.

Keep in mind that Ryan Shazier is one of my favorite linebackers and I don't think he's a dirty player, but all aggressive players end up making plays like that every once in awhile. It happens. They are playing football, after all, and it's not like Gio Bernard isn't knee-high to a grasshopper out there. Shit happens, but let's quit focusing on strictly Burfict.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Steelers got lucky has fuck, Bengals got screwed by 2 bullshit flags at the end..

That hit on AB was unavoidable brown jumped put his hand up to catch it and got hit by Burfict, thus defenseless wr shit is getting old. If a mother fucker attempts to catch ball he shouldn't no longer be a defenseless wr he is making a football move..

• Downvote 4

I agree, Shazier's hit was worse, the only reason for the focus on Burfict's hit is that people are disagreeing, everyone seems too agree that Shazier should have been flagged, so what's to discuss on that one? The lack of consistency from the refs was terrible