BwareDWare94

Goff, Wentz, Lynch

Better than before.

Then you've somehow managed to pick his worst games to watch, because he's played better before. At Montana, to begin to the season, comes to mind.

From all the reports I am seeing, Wentz is supposedly the real deal and looking great in today's first Senior Bowl practice.

Just a taste of the above...BLUE shouted this in the shoutbox...

Jeff Cavanaugh ‏@JC1053 10m10 minutes ago Wentz is the real deal. Best player on this practice field.

:ooo:

The competition thing isn't that big of a deal, really, for Wentz. At the end of the day we are evaluating his talent, not the talent of people around him.

Then you've somehow managed to pick his worst games to watch, because he's played better before. At Montana, to begin to the season, comes to mind.

I watched all of last years games that were available + the 2 games to start this year. Now they've got more film up I'll watch more. The ball placement was impeccable in the NC but early on he struggled.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Judging players by their school :pls:

Almost like judging players by their conference :pls:

Almost like judging players by their conference :pls:

Don't think I've ever done that :pls:

Everyone thinks I hate Wentz because he didn't play that D1 ball. It's not the reason I have him where I do.

Kessler looking like a top 5 QB out there. Not a physically gifted guy but his reads are near perfect and he was picking apart the defense.

Kessler looking like a top 5 QB out there. Not a physically gifted guy but his reads are near perfect and he was picking apart the defense.

GIF-Conceding-Lumbergh-Office-Office-Spa

GIF-Conceding-Lumbergh-Office-Office-Spa

In the draft, I mean. Not at the NFL level of course.

Nice

Imagine Carson Wentz has his same skillset, but played at an FBS school. He'd be the consensus #1 QB as he should be anyway. Better arm than Goff. Better pocket awareness than Lynch.

He also might have taken more snaps under center and in pro style sets as Goff and Lynch combined.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Imagine Carson Wentz has his same skillset, but played at an FBS school. He'd be the consensus #1 QB as he should be anyway.

Better arm than Goff. Better pocket awareness than Lynch.

He also might have taken more snaps under center and in pro style sets as Goff and Lynch combined.

No he wouldn't be. Carson Wentz is a project. A very good project, but a project. We saw it at the senior bowl a bit. Some plays he threw passes that only top 10 NFL QBs could make. Other plays he messed up greatly and looked like a college guy. Goff & IMO Kessler are both more pro-ready. I'd say that Paxton is also more pro-ready due to his care with the ball, but that one is a lot more of a mixed bag.

But not both things. Goff does a lot of things well that Wentz does not. Pocket awareness is one of those things for Goff. He's not going to throw a missile downfield like Lynch or Wentz but he knows how to operate like a veteran under pressure from the defense. Lynch has some pretty underrated pocket awareness too and I'd probably take him over Wentz there as well. The biggest thing for Wentz is his arm talent/ball placement. He's not a scrambler at the next level. He has bad awareness. He plays careless football at times and tries to fit the ball where it can't go.

Wentz did a lot of work in an option & one-read throw offense out of the shotgun. It's deceiving as a pro offense, but it isn't. He has made more pro throws, but I'd argue he still has a ways to go before knowing how to fully operate a pro offense.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Here's the thing though, the Browns are drafting in the top 10.

Smells like Wentz to the Browns.

Here's the thing though, the Browns are drafting in the top 10.

Smells like Wentz to the Browns.

I'll lay cash on the Browns taking Buston Lynch.