Our defense was fire tonight, stopping Gronk is a challenge in itself, so I'm not surprised he pulled those two catches in the last drive out of his ass, but aside from that we were in Brady's face the whole game, forced a few turnovers and made key stops at nearly every point in the game. We needed an A game from our defense and we got it. Peyton got his points early, and we had Gostkowski miss a major XP. Luck was a big factor in this game, but we executed our strategy to near perfection.

Broncos are super bowl bound! Let's see who we get slaughtered by, Carolina or Arizona?

Now we all get to watch PeyPey & Co. get shit on again in the Super Bowl, which is almost as good as a Pats SB victory.

Feels good man.

Freddie-Mercury-Rage-1-240x300.png

• Downvote 4

Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback in NFL history. That game cements it. Nobody else would be even close with that kind of OL performance against a defense as good as Denver's. Here comes the Peyton jerkfest though.

Really Chern, that's your prediction? Did you forget you were on TGP?

Even if Five Head played lights out (which he didn't), there would never be a "Peyton jerkfest".

Where was I being emo? I was at a bar for the majority of the game lol. I had a good time too, especially watching the last drive, despite the end result. Don't get it twisted, it's disappointing not winning, but they're coming off a SB victory and there's a good chance they'll make a record setting 6th straight AFCCG next season. Tough to have much to complain about. :shrug:

Props to you for showing gratitude for your incredible franchise. No Patriots fan should complain about anything, ever. At least not until the Brady-era is over.

Perhaps young Chern means in the media.

Really Chern, that's your prediction? Did you forget you were on TGP?

Even if Five Head played lights out (which he didn't), there would never be a "Peyton jerkfest".

I meant in the media.

Time for some monday morning head coaching, should the Patriots have kicked a field goal on fourth down trailing by 8 with six minutes left? Full disclosure, at the time I said going for it was a good call, so I don't know how much room I have to second guess the decision. That said, New England ended up in the redzone two more times and they did get a TD at the end, which would have won it if they'd kicked the field goal earlier. Now, there's certainly room for debate in that Denver might not have played the same way with a five point lead that they did with an eight point lead, so maybe the game unfolds differently, but I thought it was a close call between kicking the field goal and going for the fourth and one.

Time for some monday morning head coaching, should the Patriots have kicked a field goal on fourth down trailing by 8 with six minutes left?

Hindsight is 20/20. I thought going for it was the right decision as well.

Time for some monday morning head coaching, should the Patriots have kicked a field goal on fourth down trailing by 8 with six minutes left? Full disclosure, at the time I said going for it was a good call, so I don't know how much room I have to second guess the decision. That said, New England ended up in the redzone two more times and they did get a TD at the end, which would have won it if they'd kicked the field goal earlier. Now, there's certainly room for debate in that Denver might not have played the same way with a five point lead that they did with an eight point lead, so maybe the game unfolds differently, but I thought it was a close call between kicking the field goal and going for the fourth and one.

I thought it was a good call. Denver's defense was playing great. You finally get the ball deep into Denver territory and only need one yard for the first down. Who knows if you'll be able to drive down the field again because even if you kick the FG, you'll still need a TD on your next possession to win the game.

Peyton Manning told Bill Belichick this season "might be my last rodeo" on the field after the AFC Championship Game.

Manning and Belichick did not discuss what was said after the game, but NFL Network audio picked up Manning's side of the conversation. "Hey, listen, this might my last rodeo," Manning said. "So, it sure has been a pleasure." Manning has already admitted he is considering retirement, and it is very likely the Super Bowl will be his final game regardless of the result.