Brian Hoyer played a game this postseason. As bad as Palmer has been so far today, he hasn't been historic level of shit.

I guess it was only a matter of time...

First of all, congratulations to the Carolina Panthers. Not only were they an absolute juggernaut in a fairly strong conference (top heavy, yes, but the top 5 teams were all pretty good), they rolled through the playoffs like it was nothing. Even when Seattle was charging back last week, it never seemed like Carolina had a chance to lose.

You have to appreciate a team whose star player goes out of his way to make memories for kids every time he scores a touchdown. You have to appreciate a team whose emotional leader on defense has suffered 3 ACL injuries to one knee but has come back over the past few seasons as an absolute stud while playing next to another stud in Luke Kuechly. You have to appreciate a team who took a career bust in Kurt Coleman and let him float around in Center Field all season, picking off more passes than any Eagles fan ever thought was possible while he was stinking it up in the City of Brotherly Love. You have to appreciate a team that is working with Ted Ginn and Jericho Cotchery at Wide Receiver. Not since Brady's early days with guys like Troy Brown and David Patten have we seen a quarterback and franchise rely on career castoffs at the WR position on the way the Super Bowl. Yes, Kelvin Benjamin is a lot better than any #1 New England had back in those pre-Moss days, but he's not here this season, and they're still owning a conference. What an excellent job by Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers over the 2015-16 NFL season, and it looks pretty likely that they cap it off with a ring. How can anyone BUT Cam Newton be named MVP? It just wouldn't be right.

On to Arizona...

Bruce Arians mismanaged this entire scenario.

Oh, we're traveling across 3 time zones? Let's get there the day before and give our guys no time to adjust.

Oh, they know we like to take shots downfield? Let's keep heaving it up there even though they've obviously schemed to prevent that.

I mean, seriously, how do you get out-coached so thoroughly by Ron Rivera? I just can't imagine how so little thought went into the Cardinals' game plan. Sure, they don't want to get too complicated, but Carolina really should have been undefeated coming into this game, so perhaps that should have been a hint that Arizona might have to throw some curve balls at the Panthers.

And let's not forget Carson Palmer, who gave his best Andy Dalton impression, missing several easy early throws that could have led to extended drives that might have changed the game completely. It's OK to be jittery, but to have it cause such poor throws on easy throws? Carson Palmer blew about 5 first downs by himself in the first quarter. Props to Carolina for their pass pressure but Arizona can't pretend that their quarterback didn't piss this game down his leg.

Arizona now has to get into the Goff, Lynch, Wentz discussion. They won't get Goff, assuming he goes at 2, but Wentz and Lynch both have big arms that would fit perfectly into Arians system, and both could easily go after the first round. If Bruce wants to coach Arizona for the foreseeable future, he needs to get his young quarterback in place this offseason.

Well, there's that. Congratulations, Thanatos. This couldn't have happened for a better poster and person. While I want to see Ware/Harris/Trevathan/DT win a Super Bowl, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if Carolina pulls it off.

• Upvote 1

but Wentz and Lynch both have big arms that would fit perfectly into Arians system, and both could easily go after the first round.

Paxton Lynch not going top 10?

:rog:

Cherry you got a serious man crush on Lynch

Dude, dont be mad/jealous that your CHEATriots lost to the Broncos...

Edit: I think I had you confused with someone else.

Regardless, that's a very old and tired moniker.

Not to mention, the Broncos had quite a few shady things happen themselves.

Edited by Thanatos19

I really like Vinovich's crews, be it regular season or postseason all stars. They only call the obvious shit.

uh oh, Bware just complimented a ref, I think that's the first sign of the apocalypse :p

As for the game itself, it's always annoying when a team that's played really well all season comes out and lays an egg. I don't want to detract from Carolina, because they played a great game and it's fun to watch them do so well with so many cast-offs. Carolina did a great job of getting pressure on Palmer but the whole team just folded once things went south, so many unforced errors, I hope both teams show up for the Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

A lot of things were indeed forced. Palmer's second INT to Kurt Coleman, Mario Addison hit the ball as it was leaving his hand, that's why it floated.

Cardinals gave us some stuff, but Panthers took even more.

Arizona wins this.

And it's not gonna be pretty. Carolina has not yet met a team with such talent all around the board...nor has their defense faced a team loaded with WR's and a back that can do so much more than run the ball.

:Cardinals: 35

:panthers: 17

Hey there ATL.

:D

This game was an all out slaughterfest for Carolina... Another reason why I think Carolina will WIN the Super Bowl.

I hate Carson Palmer with a passion and am happy he got his ass whooped...

Cherry you got a serious man crush on Lynch

It's really not even that big a man crush. Just IMO way better than Goff or Wentz.

This game was an all out slaughterfest for Carolina... Another reason why I think Carolina will WIN the Super Bowl.

I hate Carson Palmer with a passion and am happy he got his ass whooped...

Facing sub par QBs like Wilson, Palmer, and Manning on the way is a sure fire way to win a SB. :D

Panthers can't beat fate.

Cardinals GM Steve Keim said his top offseason priority will be to "create a pass rush."

The Cardinals pass rush was paced by 35-year-old Dwight Freeney, who recorded eight sacks in 11 games after being signed in October. No other Cardinal had more than five sacks, and Arizona finished 20th in the league in takedowns. Freeney is a free agent and not likely to recreate his 2015 success even if he is brought back. 2015 second-round pick Markus Golden was disruptive despite landing just four sacks and should only get better, but the Cardinals need more talent on the edge. It would not be surprising if they used another high draft pick on an edge rusher this year.

Cardinals GM Steve Keim said he feels "strongly" Carson Palmer will "bounce back" next season.

The Cardinals' season ended unceremoniously Sunday night with Palmer turning the ball over six times in a blowout loss. Palmer was shaky against the Packers the week before as well and played poorly while dealing with a dislocated finger over the final few games of the season, although Palmer consistently denied the finger was an issue. The ending is tough to swallow, but Palmer was a legitimate MVP candidate and plays in an offense with ascending playmakers outside and at running back. He should once again be a solid QB1 next season.
Edited by Vin

Yes finally there it is. Some juice for Ron to use. I don't like all this all of a sudden positive shit the media is pulling here. We're the underdogs, damn it.

You're 15-1 and playing the worst starting QB (or pretty close) in football. If Carolina is the underdog, I'm an optimist.

We're not really the underdogs, its just the team has played as if they are all year. It's gonna be really hard to pull the underdog card for this one.

We're not really the underdogs, its just the team has played as if they are all year. It's gonna be really hard to pull the underdog card for this one.

You can't. The Panthers are overwhelming favorites.

Eh I kinda said that wrong. I meant hard to find motivation for Rivera. He always likes to look for them. He might go back to previous games and say "All this will crop up again if you lose," I guess.

Panthers are definitely the better team. Far more balanced, and a way better offense for sure. They will win if both teams bring their A games. They just have to do that and not think they can just show up and easily win the Lombardi. Denver is a great team with a historically great defense, (just under the 2013 Seahawks). They can easily win this game with just their defense if Carolina gets cocky about it.

Edited by Thanatos19