oochymp

Super Bowl L

They stole our white uniforms, we'd picked white all year.

Home team should be the one with the better record in the regular season. :yep:

Broncos are 0-4 every time they've worn orange in the Super Bowl, as well.

Yeah, I don't see this one being close. Denver's pass rush is ferocious, obviously, but Carolina's offensive line is better than New England's, plus Cam has the mobility to escape from time to time.

The Panthers are 17-1 for a reason. They're the best team in the league, and they're going to win the Super Bowl. Sorry, Peyton.

The last time the Broncos won the super bowl Peyton Manning lead the league in interceptions.

• Upvote 1

But uh, he was on a team other than the Broncos. :p

I really do not like all this talk that the Panthers are going to destroy them. Gives the Broncos motivation and removes motivation from Carolina. We're a young team and that kind of talk could easily get into a player's head. I sure as hell hope Ron gives it to them and lets them they need to do a hell of a lot more than just "show up and kick ass" as the Panthers forum appear to be putting it.

Edited by Thanatos19

Carolina doesn't need much motivation, They're the far superior team. They play like they normally do for a quarter and that'll be enough.

Give me Denver 20-13, for a couple of reasons:

1) A lot of people picking a blowout in this one - which is a little concerning. Same thing happened last weekend with the Pats and look what happened.

2) Defense wins championships. Great offense vs great defense. We know how that usually ends up. I'll note that the difference here is that Carolina's defense is still pretty damn good so the motto doesn't entirely apply to this situation, but it still carries some weight.

3) It's worth mentioning Denver will be the best defense Carolina has faced this season.

Having said that, I like both teams and wouldn't mind either winning. I prefer Denver because of Peyton and Ware, but I wouldn't be upset if Carolina won.

For some reason that Broncos D is god mode with Peyton at QB. That said I'll take Carolina 38-13. That team is fucking fiery. IMO Carolina will jump out to a 17-0 lead, the Broncos will start to make progress and shift field position, and take it into half 17-6. Panthers will score again straight out the gate, Peyton will throw a signature SB picksix. Down 31-6 and essentially out of it he's going to actually get stuff going. Score to make it a 31-13. And then the rest of the 4th is just going to be field position with the Panthers snagging another TD and Cam dabbing all over old man mile high.

Give me Denver 20-13, for a couple of reasons:

1) A lot of people picking a blowout in this one - which is a little concerning. Same thing happened last weekend with the Pats and look what happened.

2) Defense wins championships. Great offense vs great defense. We know how that usually ends up. I'll note that the difference here is that Carolina's defense is still pretty damn good so the motto doesn't entirely apply to this situation, but it still carries some weight.

3) It's worth mentioning Denver will be the best defense Carolina has faced this season.

Having said that, I like both teams and wouldn't mind either winning. I prefer Denver because of Peyton and Ware, but I wouldn't be upset if Carolina won.

1) A lot of people were saying Arizona was going to beat Carolina too. Both these teams have been underappreciated all year given their records. The issue with New England is that they were completely one-dimensional. They had the pass game, but absolutely zero run-game. If the Pats have Dion Lewis, or even LeGarrette Blount, and could have any sort of run-game whatsoever, they win that game.

Not to mention, Mile High gives the Broncos a rather large advantage, (which props to them for winning HFA, ofc), and they won't have Mile High's thin air that had Gronk on the sidelines gasping like a fish in the 3rd quarter. You simply cannot prepare for that kind of environment.

2) An old, tired, false cliche that hasn't been true for a *long* time. Balanced teams win championships. Carolina is balanced. Denver has the better defense by a bit, but Carolina's offense is significantly better than the Broncos.

3) Carolina has played the #1 scoring defense twice this year already. It's not Denver. It's Seattle.

AffectionateAdeptAcaciarat.gif

The last time the Broncos played the Panthers, we sacked Cam Newton 7 times.

That was in 2012 lol. No bearing whatsoever.

Edited by Thanatos19

Carolina doesn't need much motivation, They're the far superior team. They play like they normally do for a quarter and that'll be enough.

Your reverse jinx will not stand here.

• Upvote 1

If you don't think race plays some part in how Cam Newton is perceived by people, and how his every celebration is scrutinized while Carson Palmer can pelvic thrust at Seattle fans and receive not a peep about it, then you're simply delusional.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

If you don't think race plays some part in how Cam Newton is perceived by people, and how his every celebration is scrutinized while Carson Palmer can pelvic thrust at Seattle fans and receive not a peep about it, then you're simply delusional.

Are there INDIVIDUALS out there that that hate Cam for that? Sure.. Are they the majority? And before you get into preach mode that 1 is far too many (I agree, btw) ... But there are people out there who hate someone for something. Whether it's the way you look, the way you talk.. How much you celebrate... Your accent... and yes, your skin color.

Those people are in the super minority, IMO. And focusing on them only gives them the time and attention that they don't deserve.

• Upvote 1

Go Panthers.

That white jersey thing is odd.

All this Carolina in a blowout talk makes me feel just like I did before the AFCG. :sigh:

1) A lot of people were saying Arizona was going to beat Carolina too. Both these teams have been underappreciated all year given their records. The issue with New England is that they were completely one-dimensional. They had the pass game, but absolutely zero run-game. If the Pats have Dion Lewis, or even LeGarrette Blount, and could have any sort of run-game whatsoever, they win that game.

Not to mention, Mile High gives the Broncos a rather large advantage, (which props to them for winning HFA, ofc), and they won't have Mile High's thin air that had Gronk on the sidelines gasping like a fish in the 3rd quarter. You simply cannot prepare for that kind of environment.

2) An old, tired, false cliche that hasn't been true for a *long* time. Balanced teams win championships. Carolina is balanced. Denver has the better defense by a bit, but Carolina's offense is significantly better than the Broncos.

3) Carolina has played the #1 scoring defense twice this year already. It's not Denver. It's Seattle.

1) No, the two scenarios weren't the same. Carolina was the favorite. A lot of people were saying Arizona was going to win, but just as many if not more people thought Carolina would win. Denver was at home and New England was favored to win lol. The majority of fans out there believed that game was going to be a blowout.

I know you love to play the "Carolina gets no respect" card, but it doesn't apply here. The predictions going into championship weekend weren't the same...at all.

2) I wouldn't say it's entirely false. Of course the balanced team usually wins, but the team with the better defense usually wins, too. Most of the time they go hand in hand. I already stated that it's a little different in this case since Carolina's defense is really good.

3) Denver is #1 in overall defense. Seattle's defense is great, but I still think Denver will be the best defense they have faced this season.

Are there INDIVIDUALS out there that that hate Cam for that? Sure.. Are they the majority? And before you get into preach mode that 1 is far too many (I agree, btw) ... But there are people out there who hate someone for something. Whether it's the way you look, the way you talk.. How much you celebrate... Your accent... and yes, your skin color.

Those people are in the super minority, IMO. And focusing on them only gives them the time and attention that they don't deserve.

The super minority? Do you ever go through the comment section on Facebook articles? I think it's much more people then you think. Cam gets scrutinized for every little thing much more then any white quarterback ever has been or ever would.

Do you honestly believe the white privilege is gone or ANYWHERE close to gone? If so, you live in a fantasy world.

• Upvote 2

*Breaks teacup in outrage*

Is the only comparison we have to Cam celebrating and whatnot Johnny Foosball? I mean, who else is there?

Is the only comparison we have to Cam celebrating and whatnot Johnny Foosball? I mean, who else is there?

Aaron Rodgers...

Carson Palmer pelvic thrusting on the Seahawks

• Upvote 1