oochymp

Super Bowl L

It looks like the potential call of a neutral zone infraction is way too close to call, and isn't really enforceable right there. If Talib were half a foot closer I'd say there's a great argument, but he's too far out to call that at the snap of the ball.

It looks like the potential call of a neutral zone infraction is way too close to call, and isn't really enforceable right there. If Talib were half a foot closer I'd say there's a great argument, but he's too far out to call that at the snap of the ball.

I think he's in the neutral zone, but like I said, it would take a very excellent eye to see that. In real time that's almost impossible to notice. I do think his helmet is pretty clearly in the neutral zone, but its a split second before the ball is snapped.

Impending free agent DL Malik Jackson said he "would like to see" what he is worth on the open market.

The Broncos have reportedly "begun negotiating in earnest" with Jackson, but it sounds like he is interested in testing the market. "I would like to see — because you never know — just to see the numbers," Jackson said. "But if Denver came with quality numbers close to what we feel I deserve, then I would stay." With several teams flush with cap space, Jackson could be priced out of the Broncos' range if he hits the open market. He will likely be looking to better the four-year, $36.7 million extension Derek Wolfe signed with Denver in January.
Source: Denver Post

I just happen to be the Reaper for Thanatos...

tumblr_mvyj69kVop1rj2phto1_500.gif

For all the shit you talked this year about your team you deserve this. You insufferable blatant, elitist Panthers homer.

Congrats to MHG, RZ, and Vin (PeyPey) on this victory. I hate Denver but I always love true defensive teams. Respect. Get ready to defend that AFC West title... a storms a coming outta Oakland :Raiders:

I just would like to remind everyone.

Thanatos has opinions and they can't possibly be wrong, anyone that goes against him is wrong and should leave TGP immediately.

See the quotes I have on him from previously in this thread.

Edited by ATL

I'm quite tired of you making it out like I was some ridiculous homer who shouted down anyone who disagreed with me and thought Carolina was going to destroy them and there was no chance Denver was going to win.

Did I think Carolina was better? Yes, but I was far from the only person who thought Carolina was the better squad. Razor said there was no way Denver was going to win. Sparty, Sarge, Campin and BC predicted even larger margin of victories. There are multiple people in this thread who say the same things, yet you call me a homer simply because I was a Panthers fan.

For example: exhibit A, one of many times in this thread which I state the exact opposite of your claims:

Fair enough. As a fan I am very much nervous, to be sure. The Panthers do have the better overall team, I think, but that does not mean they will win. Denver is more than capable of pulling the upset.

Or where I said what needed to happen for Denver to win, and then they went and did that:

If we lose, I hope its by blowout. I can't handle another 3 point SB loss.

I apologize in advance if that happens because I will be one emo motherfucker for a couple of weeks.

While I can definitely envision a scenario in which Denver wins this, I agree with most of what BC said. Denver's D is going to have to play completely out of their minds and come up with some key turnovers inside the redzone or returned inside the redzone, (or just all the way to the endzone), in order to win this.

In reply to Razor saying there was no way Denver could win:

Either you are fooling yourself or just trying to reverse jinx shit. Denver is a better team than you give them credit for and is more than capable of pulling off the upset.

Am I a homer because I considered the Broncos an underdog? Is that what you're getting at here?
As far as me asking someone to leave, when- except for yesterday- have I ever done so? You act like I do that all the time. Maverick and I disagreed on this very thread and we have a debate on the Super Bowl. Never once do I ask him to leave or do anything of the sort.
If you think I was an arrogant jackass- and you truly think this, and aren't just trying to get a reaction- then I do sincerely apologize for that. I never intended to come off in that manner. Nor do I ever intend to be a homer. It is undoubtable that I have a bias towards the Panthers, much in the same way that you have a bias towards the Raiders now, but I guard against that as much as I can.
I love TGP and discussing football here because people aren't blatant homers and do (normally) back up their discussions with facts and statistics. I went after the DaveThePanther when he was here because he was, in fact, a complete homer and I didn't appreciate it.
If I just wanted homer Panther opinions on shit, I would go over to the Panthers forums. What irks me most is not people thinking something contrary to my own viewpoint, it's people saying things because they "feel it to be true" or failing to back up their viewpoint with anything substantial at all. If I ever do that, then feel free to call me out on it.
Edited by Thanatos

Thanatos, you aren't on Bware's level of homerism, but you still are a homer. The 2 weeks leading up to SB 50, all we basically heard was how unbeatable Carolina was and how Denver had a small chance at beating them.

And yet in this very thread I say the opposite multiple times. I even disagree with Razor when he claims that Denver has no chance at all. You can claim what you want, but its untrue. I said exactly what Denver was going to have to do to win- defense was going to have to play out of their minds and come up with turnovers inside the redzone or score themselves- and that is exactly what happened. That defensive performance was the best I have ever seen.

Denver's D scored one touchdown and put the ball inside the 5 which lead to another. Their ST gave them a FG off of a punt return inside the 20 that Denver's offense couldn't even punch into the endzone. Their offense did squat the entire night outside of the opening drive of both halves, which ended in FGs.

I'm not the only one who thought Denver was a large underdog- 6-points in the SB is rather large, just to quote the Vegas line- you're just assuming my reasons for doing so is because I was a fan of Carolina. Obviously, you can't bring the same critique against others who held the same view.

I'm not the only one that thought my team was going to win when they played the Broncos. This one Patriots fan even thought his team was going to "blow them the fuck out."

The closer the game gets, the more confident I feel the Pats are not only gonna win, but blow them the fuck out lol.

And I wasn't too impressed with Denver's defense last Sunday. If Pittsburgh wasn't crippled, they would have shat on Denver. I mean to be completely fair here... lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX3sEGtG8mQ

And from the same thread, his prediction on the game itself:

Note: I have no problem with either of these posts, but you are the pot calling the kettle black if you're saying I'm a homer because I thought Carolina was going to win.

Edited by Thanatos

Guys, you're both missing the most important part.

You both lost to the broncos. :insidejob:

• Upvote 1

When did we get that gif lol? That's amazing. Whats the code?

insidejob is the code. I was gonna make it jetfuel, but this works just as well.