Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Position Rankings #1

Not a Taylor Decker fan? Also, why Tunsil over Stanley?

Not a Taylor Decker fan? Also, why Tunsil over Stanley?

Not really impressed with Decker. He's got great length, and ideal size, but pretty mediocre across the board.

As for Tunsil, he has all the tools you want in a great lineman technique aside. He's got superstar potential that I don't see another tackle matching in this draft. At least right now.

Nkemdiche as an edge rusher? whaaaaaat?

Edit: Haven't seen Jaylon Smith play. You will have to provide reasoning for putting him over Myles Jack though.

Edited by BJORN

Goff #1 :yes:

Edited by SteVo

I should probably rename "edge rusher" as just edge. I don't necessarily think he'd be a good choice at DE in a regular 4-3 scheme, but as a 5-tech, I see as much potential from him as I see as a 3-tech.

Also I see Goff as a top 5 overall prospect. :yep:

I should probably rename "edge rusher" as just edge. I don't necessarily think he'd be a good choice at DE in a regular 4-3 scheme, but as a 5-tech, I see as much potential from him as I see as a 3-tech.

Also I see Goff as a top 5 overall prospect. :yep:

Yeah I usually just consider 3-4 DEs as interior lineman....check out my edit btw

Why isn't Goff getting the "college offense" treatment Mariota got when Goff ran a variation of the Air Raid is what I wanna know :yep:

Cause he's white. :badass:

--------

Up vote the post, but don't agree with most of the rankings lol

Edited by butta54
  • Downvote 1

Because Goff is the next Aaron Rodgers, while Mariota is the next... Dennis Dixon?

Cause he's white. :badass:

Or maybe because Goff has the pocket awareness of a 10-year vet. :yao:

Edit: Haven't seen Jaylon Smith play. You will have to provide reasoning for putting him over Myles Jack though.

I think both are great in space, and both struggle more with handling traffic although it doesn't seem to me to be as big an issue with Jaylon Smith. Smith is also a brick. Jack is crazy explosive though, he automatically jumps out on tape (or youtube cutups).

The issue with Jack is that he's really small. UCLA's site has him at like, 240, but on tape he looks like 230, and that's being generous. We'll see at the combine if I'm wrong or not, but he's not very big.

Still one of the more elite prospects in this class, but I generally have a legacy to maintain here as a big height/weight/speed guy and Smith does it. I love Jack, but it seems like he'd really need the right team to be truly effective, which is less true for Smith.

Why isn't Goff getting the "college offense" treatment Mariota got when Goff ran a variation of the Air Raid is what I wanna know :yep:

Most of my criticism for Mariota stemmed from my questioning if he'd get the NFL game down without a lot of bumps. The full lentgh of the field, and the full playbook wouldn't be available to him. And while he showed a lot more growth then I expected from him his first year, I still stand by my criticisms. Although if he comes back next year looking even more improved then this past year, I'll be the first to line up and say I had him fucked up.

But the mental game, and the ability to make every throw with great touch is what Goff brings to the table. I'll admit his small frame gives me reason to pause though.

Are you putting Cook over Hackenberg based on Cook having a lower floor? Because Hackenberg definitely has a higher ceiling than Cook. If I'm a team needing a QB, I go for the upside guy every time.

• Upvote 1

Or maybe because Goff has the pocket awareness of a 10-year vet. :yao:

Churns :pls:

Are you putting Cook over Hackenberg based on Cook having a lower floor? Because Hackenberg definitely has a higher ceiling than Cook. If I'm a team needing a QB, I go for the upside guy every time.

Yeah I mean just watching the difference between the skill set of the two...there is a huge margin of difference IMO.

What's with the Goff/Rodgers comparisons? One of Goff's biggest detractors is non-elite arm strength with passes to the sideline nose diving. Have you ever seen an Aaron Rodgers pass lose velocity and trajectory when it seared Jordy Nelson's hands? No way.

Can Goff throw it 60 yards with ease while rolling out to his right OR left?

I don't think so. He's got a chance to be the best QB of the class, but his lesser arm strength will give guys like Wentz and Lynch a chance to surpass him, and earlier than expected.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The issue with Hack is that it's not even like a game to game thing with him, it's a down to down, throw to throw issue with him. At his best he looks like Jay Cutler, but that doesn't come out very often.

And part of that has to do with the fact that the offense around him has been dreadful, especially last year and this past season. So has the playcalling, at least from the 4 games I watched from this past season. But some of these games are so hard to watch, it hurts to finish watching. I haven't finished watching the games from the season prior to this past one, but, I'm almost more inclined to rank him lower then I am to rank him higher based off what I've seen.

He's young enough though to where you'd assume he hasn't been totally ruined. So I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to how much better you think he can realistically get with coaching. I'll reserve my judgement for after I've seen the rest of his games/post combine.

What's with the Goff/Rodgers comparisons? One of Goff's biggest detractors is non-elite arm strength with passes to the sideline nose diving. Have you ever seen an Aaron Rodgers pass lose velocity and trajectory when it seared Jordy Nelson's hands? No way.

Can Goff throw it 60 yards with ease while rolling out to his right OR left?

I don't think so. He's got a chance to be the best QB of the class, but his lesser arm strength will give guys like Wentz and Lynch a chance to surpass him, and earlier than expected.

Wentz, maybe, Lynch, no way.

Wentz is going to bust. Idk why the love for him. Seems every year people fool themselves over someone who isn't worth it

Wentz is going to bust. Idk why the love for him. Seems every year people fool themselves over someone who isn't worth it

Can you explain why you believe this?

I don't see this. He's easily the most polished and pro-ready of the group. Some could argue Goff but those arm-strength questions will either make or break him.

Every single prospect has doubters and people that love them. Nothing new. And Hack is def not better than Cook right now.

• Downvote 1