Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Randy Gregory is dumb

But we already knew that.

NFL suspended Cowboys DE Randy Gregory four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Gregory was a consensus top-ten talent leading up to last year's draft but his stock plummeted after testing positive for marijuana at the Scouting Combine. Apparently, not much has changed. Gregory spent most of his rookie year backing up Greg Hardy at right end. 23-year-old Gregory did not record a sack. The Cowboys have a big need at defensive end opposite Demarcus Lawrence with Gregory's NFL future potentially up in the air, and Hardy not expected back.

I don't understand. I really don't.

If marijuana is not addictive, as I'm pretty sure has been proven, then why the fuck can't you control yourself and NOT smoke it while you're playing in the NFL.

Drafted him 8th overall in our mock. :yao:

I don't understand. I really don't.

If marijuana is not addictive, as I'm pretty sure has been proven, then why the fuck can't you control yourself and NOT smoke it while you're playing in the NFL.

Had this exact conversation with a friend last night. (He's a Cowgirls fan)

I basically just said, "If I were going to pay you millions of dollars, and the only stipulation was that you cannot smoke pot, how easy would that be for you to give up?"

It just boggles my mind that players can be so dumb to risk a golden opportunity for smoking some herb.

1259583.jpg

There's s lot of NFL players that have sad lives. He could be doing it to relieve stress for all we know. We don't know him, kinda unfair to attack him.

• Upvote 1

Find some other outlet that doesn't involve breaking the rules.

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports suspended Cowboys RE Randy Gregory has again violated the league's substance-abuse policy, and is facing a longer suspension.
ESPN's Ed Werder reported earlier Tuesday that Gregory was headed to drug treatment instead of Cowboys camp. Now we know why. It's a sadly unsurprising development for a player who entered the league with lots of questions about his off-the-field habits. It's probably best assumed that he won't see the field in 2016, which is devastating news for the Cowboys' wafer-thin front seven. Owner Jerry Jones could be getting awful tempted to give free agent Greg Hardy a call. Jul 26 - 1:55 PM

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Cowboys RE Randy Gregory's new suspension is for 10 games "at least," and that there's concern he "may not play again."
It's unclear if that's 10 games on top of Gregory's current four-game ban, or 10 games overall. Gregory's substance-abuse struggles were known before he was even drafted, so it's fair to wonder if he's headed down a Manziel-ian path. The Cowboys shouldn't be counting on any snaps from Gregory this season. Jul 26 - 2:38 PM

Edited by BLUE

So not only is Gregory a terrible player but now he can't stay on the field.

Why was he hyped as high as the #2 overall pick at one point?

Measurables?

Measurables?

:Suicide: Nice one NFL media

Seems like a typical Cowboys glorified player to me...he's succeeded in their eyes :smug:

• Upvote 1

Per Rotoworld.com:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports suspended Cowboys DE Randy Gregory has failed yet another drug test.
Gregory was eligible to return from his 14-game suspension next month, but that looks to now be on hold. Per RapSheet, Gregory is now facing a yearlong suspension. Gregory is looking mighty unlikely to ever make an NFL impact. Nov 11 - 12:08 PM

So we let Josh Brown beat his wife and the NFL knew about it. But they just sweep it under the rug till the outside pressure is too much.

But the dude tokes smoke weed and is his career may be over? I get rules are rules and he should be smarter ala Josh Gordon. These guys are too fucking stupid to realize the talent they have is being wasted. But since when is smoking weed worse than beating another person?

As an Eagles fan I'm happy to see him fail because he's a monster but as a rational person I have to admit how incredibly dumb it is to keep talented players off the field for smoking weed.

So we let Josh Brown beat his wife and the NFL knew about it. But they just sweep it under the rug till the outside pressure is too much.

But the dude tokes smoke weed and is his career may be over? I get rules are rules and he should be smarter ala Josh Gordon. These guys are too fucking stupid to realize the talent they have is being wasted. But since when is smoking weed worse than beating another person?

Simple. When that person is a woman.

People are fucking stupid. The rules are the rules until they are changed, so why can't you just stop smoking weed?

The Dallas Morning News reports suspended DE Randy Gregory will apply for reinstatement this month.

Gregory was suspended all of 2017 after being banned for all but two games in 2016, and TMZ Sports reported he failed another drug test last spring while he was suspended. If the report is true, it could make it difficult for him to gain reinstatement. Once Gregory files, he will have to meet with Roger Goodell before the commissioner makes a decision. The Cowboys should find a place for the former second-round pick if he gets cleared.

NFL reinstated Cowboys DE Randy Gregory from his indefinite suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Drug bans have limited Gregory to just two appearances since 2015. He turned 25 in the interim. The No. 60 overall pick of the 2015 draft, Gregory has only one sack across 14 NFL appearances, but untapped potential. The Cowboys are perennially in need of pass-rushing help, and Gregory could provide a nice boost in sub-packages if he manages to stay on the field in 2018.

Dallas might have a pretty good defense this year. I don't think they have the coaching to win the NFCE over the Eagles but they might be a playoff team tbh.

Dallas might have a pretty good defense this year. I don't think they have the coaching to win the NFCE over the Eagles but they might be a playoff team tbh.

They're going to miss Dez so much more than they realize. Unless one of these rookie WRs is far ahead of schedule. TWilliams ain't a #1 WR.

It's okay, Dez wasn't a number 1 receiver either.

• Upvote 1