Vin

Shoutbox

She's dead, Jim.

But only for a couple days.

Apparently our hosting account has gone over it's limit, and was suspended earlier this evening. It's been brought back to life, but if we go over a set amount before the the first, the site will go down again and won't be brought back in the first of the month.

In order to prevent that from happening, I've taken the shoutbox away. The chat remains, however, so feel free to use it. This should hopefully prevent another site outage, as well as show me what the effects are of the shoutbox on our hosting account.

My apologies for the inconvenience, but not having a shoutbox is better than not being able to access the board. And like I said, it'll be back late Monday night.

Edited by Vin

:welp:

You mean instead of talking in the shoutbox people actually have to post during the day? :rog:

There is always IP Chat^

Enter if you dare.

IP Crew is not to be fucked with.

• Downvote 2

There is always IP Chat^

Enter if you dare.

IP Crew is not to be fucked with.

sticker,375x360.u5.png

IP chat is cool, it's just can get awkward when there's only a few left late at night at nobody knows what to say and maybe just peaces out :lol::shifty:

• Upvote 1

Gotta take it away again. :fbm:

Rueben Randle on the Eagles. Excellent .gif, Steven

Congrats Vin you killed the TGP Mock Draft.

I don't understand how this is a problem all of a sudden. Sounds fishy on the part of the hosting company tbh.

I don't understand how this is a problem all of a sudden. Sounds fishy on the part of the hosting company tbh.

:shifty: Sarge they're watching

Sarge gon get abducted. :ninja:

Yeah I'm completely confused how a bunch of text is somehow too much for your hosting company to handle. Sounds like BS to me. We're at a pretty slow point in terms of posting both of the times this has happened, yet this never happened during the NFL season when both the shoutbox and the posting was at it's highest amount of use?

pls

• Upvote 1

We had this problem shortly after we started using them, but haven't really since. Pretty sure when it happened back then it was during March/April too. :yao:

As someone that has been around the hosting market for various projects I've put myself in, this sounds like hosting issues. While a shoutbox can be a little resource heavy, it shouldn't be a problem on a site like this one. TGP shouldn't even be going over 15 concurrent users (average shared hosting limits at peak are usually 25) at a single time, so that alone shouldn't be an issue with the shoutbox.

I have a question, does the host here offer "unlimited" or "unmetered" details with their offerings?

Edited by KeVo
  • Upvote 2

This is simply just a clever ruse for Vin to convert everyone to IP Chat :bronbron:

• Upvote 1

Well the forum temporarily died today. I can only imagine the nasty things Vin and Favre did to get it back up.

Check out the quote in my sig and don't ask any more questions.

• Upvote 2

You gotta do what you gotta do.

:notamused: right during the freaking draft.

Edited by BC