Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Cherry Mock Draft: Aguayo for #1

0/10 would not read again.

0/10 would not read again.

Stop winning super bowls and you'll get to enjoy them more. These are for the losing fans like the Jags and Browns fans so they can continue to get their hopes up and not off themselves by May.

Packers definitely need dline help, but if Ragland is available at 27, I don't think they hesitate.

At the very least....this was entertaining.

Stop being passive aggressive and explain yourself.

Packers definitely need dline help, but if Ragland is available at 27, I don't think they hesitate.

I felt like I forgot someone in here. Could've sworn I had Ragland getting snagged somewhere. My bad. Ragland is definitely a first round talent, I just overlooked him. Replacing Darron Lee with him.

Edited by Chernobyl426
  • Upvote 1

Passive Aggressive?

Negged me for saying your Mock Draft entertained me? :rog:

I said at the least its entertaining. At the most its a very brave mock draft with some logical choices stepping outside of popular opinion. But I guess it didn't come across that way :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Passive Aggressive?

Negged me for saying your Mock Draft entertained me? :rog:

I said at the least its entertaining. At the most its a very brave mock draft with some logical choices stepping outside of popular opinion. But I guess it didn't come across that way :lol:

It definitely didn't come off the way you intended. Thought you were just being a prick. I think a good majority of the people that saw the post the way I did, as well. Damn it, Butta, playing with my draft emotions and shit.

If Bosa falls to Detroit and they take a flyer I would do cartwheels. I still view him as a top 5ish prospect right now.

Not sure aboutique a corner going first though. Cleveland drafting Wentz would be a bad idea imo, but I guess Goff may struggle a bit playing outside in the the midwest come late November and December.

22. :Texans: Corey Coleman WR Baylor

The Texans need a legitimate threat across from Hopkins. Coleman isn't a beast on his own, but when he has someone drawing away the best corner he can be electric. He has a lot of upside, but tends to quit on routes and play poorly outside of catch and run. I think he's still worth the pick here.

keep_america_beautiful_tear.0.gif

Cherruh, what did I do to you for this!?

• Upvote 2

^ That may be the greatest gif I have ever not seen. :clap:

This is different from most mocks I've seen, but I respect it because I know you watch a lot of film on these guys and already have a good grasp of the NFL as it is.

I really don't know much about Buckner besides the fact people rant and rave about him. I'm strictly an SEC guy so I'm not really sure to be excited or sad if we got him lol.

And Butta, go be a condescending cunt where people would actually give a fuck about you...I know slim pickings, but it's not here.

• Downvote 1

^ That may be the greatest gif I have ever not seen. :clap:

This is different from most mocks I've seen, but I respect it because I know you watch a lot of film on these guys and already have a good grasp of the NFL as it is.

I really don't know much about Buckner besides the fact people rant and rave about him. I'm strictly an SEC guy so I'm not really sure to be excited or sad if we got him lol.

And Butta, go be a condescending cunt where people would actually give a fuck about you...I know slim pickings, but it's not here.

Thank you. I'm glad to explain any of the picks that I made and the reasoning behind them. I've watched film on probably about 80-85% of the guys in the mock, but a few were made solely on needs at the position and what the experts are saying. A majority of the time when a guy fell it was solely because of the teams just not being the right fit. Nkemdiche was a great example of this. I started looking at spots for Nkemdiche around pick #15 and none of the teams really worked for how I see him position wise in the NFL. Personally I'm not a giant supporter of Buckner but he has a fair amount of natural physical talent that could convert over time to the pro game. Bosa dropping was a mixture of the fact he isn't that scheme versatile and IMO he's not a top tier talent.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Thank you. I'm glad to explain any of the picks that I made and the reasoning behind them. I've watched film on probably about 80-85% of the guys in the mock, but a few were made solely on needs at the position and what the experts are saying. A majority of the time when a guy fell it was solely because of the teams just being the right fit. Nkemdiche was a great example of this. I started looking at spots for Nkemdiche around pick #15 and none of the teams really worked for how I see him position wise in the NFL. Personally I'm not a giant supporter of Buckner but he has a fair amount of natural physical talent that could convert over time to the pro game. Bosa dropping was a mixture of the fact he isn't that scheme versatile and IMO he's not a top tier talent.

So if Buckner does fall to us at 14...why do the Saints not grab him and take Robinson instead? :think:

So if Buckner does fall to us at 14...why do the Saints not grab him and take Robinson instead? :think:

Part of that was it's just a 50-50 pick. I think the Saints need help at DT a little bit more than DE, but I could see them going either position with that pick.

FTR the only guys I haven't watched film on are Hargreaves, Henry, Bell, Kelly, Rankins, Miller, and Thompson.

Walter Football agrees with

Wentz - :Browns:

Jack - :jags:

Hargreaves - :dolphins:

Spence - :Bucs:

Stanley - :Bears:

Robinson - :Saints:

Thomas - :Vikings:

:cigar:

Edited by Chernobyl426

Bosa is getting trashed a lil too much now because he was hyped so much early on, he's still a good player. He's got good hand use, long arms, strong already, we'll see his combine results hopefully and he does the explosion showing drills to see how much the jumping the count stuff (ala Bjoern Werner) helped him out. I wonder if someone plays him as a 3-tech some what would happen. He'll obviously be good against the rush on the end so maybe early down and distance have him outside then bring him in on 3rd and long. I saw him play inside some on his clips. Like y'all said 3-4 End seems very possible and right up his alley, but I think he could find a role in a 4-3 as well.

His critics aren't wrong though. He's not a top top tier talent like he was hyped out to be. He can't bend around the edge in a short area like a true edge player. Reasons why Noah Spence started over him when both were at Ohio State. But he's no slouch either and is used to playing against speed he grew up in south FL, went to St. Thomas Aquinas. I think he'll be just fine in the pros and as far as perception wise as long as he doesn't get drafted too early.

FTR the only guys I haven't watched film on are Kelly, Rankins, and Thompson.

Watch those bros :yep:

Edited by CampinWithSquatCobbler
  • Upvote 1

Good show, every pick makes sense to a degree. It would be kind of a bummer to just waste our first round pick on a guy who could be there in the 2nd (and actually goes in the 3rd on walterfootball), plus there is a center from USC almost as good that should be there for a few rounds also. The first and 2nd round in our collective mock will be a tough task for me.

Good show, every pick makes sense to a degree. It would be kind of a bummer to just waste our first round pick on a guy who could be there in the 2nd (and actually goes in the 3rd on walterfootball), plus there is a center from USC almost as good that should be there for a few rounds also. The first and 2nd round in our collective mock will be a tough task for me.

It was definitely a need-based pick, and Kelly is going to be an absolutely insane center at the next level according to most people. The reason he fell at times is injuries.

I'm not sure Buckner or Bosa fall that far. Bosa seems like a guy the Chargers (not me) would love at #3. Though, Buckner or Ramsey would be my favorite picks at #3. Not that Tunsil isn't a option because he definitely is and its not just for RT. We will need to replace Dunlap at LT soon anyways so picking up a guy like Tunsil or Stanley makes a lot of sense.

Also, I don't see the Jets passing on Nkemdiche or Ragland for a first round TE. And Braxton Miller to the Chiefs is a damn good idea.

I'm not sure Carolina goes for a safety, unless he's BPA at that point.

We have Tre Boston waiting in the wings to replace Roman Harper, so now you're upgrading on Kurt Coleman. I feel like the bigger need is to upgrade from Remmers or Oher.

Carolina's philosophy has long been to take BPA though, so if there is a run on O-line early on, I wouldn't expect Carolina to reach for a prospect in that position.

Edited by Thanatos

I'm not sure Buckner or Bosa fall that far. Bosa seems like a guy the Chargers (not me) would love at #3. Though, Buckner or Ramsey would be my favorite picks at #3. Not that Tunsil isn't a option because he definitely is and its not just for RT. We will need to replace Dunlap at LT soon anyways so picking up a guy like Tunsil or Stanley makes a lot of sense.

Also, I don't see the Jets passing on Nkemdiche or Ragland for a first round TE. And Braxton Miller to the Chiefs is a damn good idea.

Bosa falling is partly just because I don't see teams biting on the hype that early. Also I don't know exactly where he'd fit into the Chargers DL. I skimmed the depth chart when I made the pick and RT stood out along with WR and S. Only Ramsey makes sense as a DB there and it's way too early for Treadwell. The Chargers are in a very peculiar position at #3, I'll give it that.

Buckner falling was mainly the fact there were better picks to be made. With Jaylon out for the year I'd probably move Buckner to #10, and Bosa to the Raiders.

Nkemdiche would be a tough fit for that defense, from what I'm anticipating. That's part of why he fell so far. A lot of the teams in that range are 3-4 defenses that I can't imagine Nkemdiche working in. He seems like an inside pass rusher in a 4-3, not a versatile 3-4 guy.

Ragland I skipped over for some reason (I glanced at him to the Raiders then forgot about him) but I could see the Jets making a play for him. Demario Davis and David Harris aren't bad, but he could be a good future replacement for Harris in a year or two.

Thanks, I was trying to get a feel for what the Chiefs really need. With Will Fuller having a monstrous combine I could see them taking him there, but Braxton has a shitload of upside and versatility. They need an offensive weapon and Braxton is many.

I'm not sure Carolina goes for a safety, unless he's BPA at that point.

We have Tre Boston waiting in the wings to replace Roman Harper, so now you're upgrading on Kurt Coleman. I feel like the bigger need is to upgrade from Remmers or Oher.

Carolina's philosophy has long been to take BPA though, so if there is a run on O-line early on, I wouldn't expect Carolina to reach for a prospect in that position.

I was looking mainly at starters when I was making picks, so I didn't pay much mind to Tre Boston. I considered a tackle there and Jack Conklin made some sense, but from my knowledge Kurt Coleman is pretty meh. I'd probably replace Thompson with Fuller now.

Updates after the Jaylon Smith info + Will Fuller's combine!

The Giants take DeForest Buckner at #10. This causes the Bosa fall to only make it to #14 where he is snagged by the Raiders.

The Lions take Robert Nkemdiche, as he is arguably BPA and fits a decent need at DT.

Because of this, the Bengals select Darian Thompson at #24, and the Panthers select Will Fuller at #30.