Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Cherry Mock Draft: Aguayo for #1

DISCLAIMER: I know almost nothing about prospects outside of QBs.

It really seems like the Eagles will go BPA at #13, so I guess a CB makes sense, but we have a lot more immediate needs. Maxwell is under contract for the near future and Eric Rowe is our #2. It would be better to draft an interior offensive lineman or safety.

DISCLAIMER: I know almost nothing about prospects outside of QBs.

It really seems like the Eagles will go BPA at #13, so I guess a CB makes sense, but we have a lot more immediate needs. Maxwell is under contract for the near future and Eric Rowe is our #2. It would be better to draft an interior offensive lineman or safety.

I saw those and tried to find a way to work one of those two positions in there, but I doubt they'll go for a safety or inside guy there unless they absolutely love someone. The safeties really shouldn't even be first rounders, and if they are they'll come off the board down around the Pittsburgh area. Inside linemen there just isn't anyone that early worth taking. I went BPA with a mix of need there. Alexander is projected to be a mid first by a few experts and though I'm not that high on him, I could see the Eagles trying to fix the CB problem. He'll probably be better than Maxwell day one.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, Maxwell will likely be cut after the 2016 season if his play doesn't improve. Lost in all the "zomg what a turribl contract" talk is how cleverly it was constructed long-term; he has a $11.2M cap hit in 2017 but can be cut with only $3.6M of dead money. In other words, the Eagles could absolutely draft a CB round one, thinking he'll be a starter in 2017 and beyond.

Having the Texans drafting Coleman (Who runs a whole two routes) over Fuller, gives me the AIDs... :(

• Upvote 2

Having the Texans drafting Coleman (Who runs a whole two routes) over Fuller, gives me the AIDs... :(

:cigar: Have fun with Corey

Reggie Ragland now goes #20 to the Jets. Darron Lee #21 to the Redskins.

Dudes on NFL Network gave the Texans Coleman too. :kobe:

Still, dude has a trump card like DeSean Jackson had coming in. Maybe he never becomes a great route runner as guys don't just automatically improve in the NFL like we usually think they would but atleast he's got that trump card.

Dudes on NFL Network gave the Texans Coleman too. :kobe:

tumblr_mntiolhySW1snpc3lo4_r1_500.gif

I fell in love with Stephen Hill as a prospect a few years back, and I vow to never make that same mistake again. I want receivers that know how to proficiently run the route tree. Give me that over blazing speed any day.

• Upvote 1